News Bader vs Nemkov, Lima vs Mousasi Official for Bellator May 9

I don't think that would draw as many views as this would but if they did choose two MWs those would have been the ones to pick.
They don't seem to think this will draw much either it's Bader's undercard. If Moose v Lima was a big deal they'd have their own card like rory v moose.

Will Mousasi's delusional fans claim that he is the best middleweight on the planet after beating an over-rated Lima?

There are some (not many, thankfully) people on sherdog that believe Lima could compete with Usman. lol

Well Joe Rogan slobbers all over Lima in his popular podcast quite frequently- he’ll have you believe that Lima vs. anyone in the UFC top 3 including the champ is a toss up.

I don’t know if I totally disagree. Rory may be an empty husk of himself post Robbie, but he’s still very good. Lima has showed that he can be competitive against UFC level top ten fighters.

nemkov could seriously take that belt. should be a great fight.

I am far more interested in Lima vs. mousasi. Should be a truly fantastic scrap.

Lima is a huge ww, so he shouldnt give up too much size to gegard. he is also a huge puncher. I am hoping for a stand up affair, but gegard does have the td in his back pocket.

I am rooting for lima, especially since mousasi looked like shit the last time out.

Rory MacDonald wins the Bellator Welterweight Title, defended it zero times and had a chance to gain momentum in Bellator and for Bellator, but here comes Scott Coker to inexplicably put Rory MacDonald in a matchup with Gegard Mousasi. Not learning from that debacle, here comes Scott Coker once more having Douglas Lima a newly crowned Bellator Welterweight Champion, having defended the belt zero times, and Coker matches Lima up against Mousasi. Just so frustrating.

I always wanted to see Lima move up to MW. This guy is a killer.

Dangerous fight for Moose.

Lima has a greater path to victory than Rory did, but this is a stupid fight for him. Coker needs to stop killing his poster boys by throwing them at Mousasi.

Rory MacDonald wins the Bellator Welterweight Title, defended it zero times and had a chance to gain momentum in Bellator and for Bellator, but here comes Scott Coker to inexplicably put Rory MacDonald in a matchup with Gegard Mousasi. Not learning from that debacle, here comes Scott Coker once more having Douglas Lima a newly crowned Bellator Welterweight Champion, having defended the belt zero times, and Coker matches Lima up against Mousasi. Just so frustrating.
Rory defended the welterweight belt 0 times?

Great fight! Hard not to pick Moose in this one but how many people picked Lovato before he fought Moose? I think Lima is peaking while a decline will be on the horizon or may have already started for Moose.

Lima by TKO rd 4.

Is Lovato's injury legit? Last I heard he was cleared.

Or is this another bellator Atilla Vegh type "injury" and they're trying to throw the strap back onto moose?

They don't seem to think this will draw much either it's Bader's undercard. If Moose v Lima was a big deal they'd have their own card like rory v moose.

Maybe Rory vs Mousasi wasn't a big draw and that is why they decided to stack a card.

Great fight! Hard not to pick Moose in this one but how many people picked Lovato before he fought Moose? I think Lima is peaking while a decline will be on the horizon or may have already started for Moose.

Lima by TKO rd 4.

I didn't but Lovato matches up well with Mousasi he has good takedowns and a good clinch game with better grappling. Lima is a striker and Mousasi is primarily too but he's more well rounded than Lima. I think Mousasi wins by mixing up his grappling and striking and possibly gets a finish.

This will make 3 out of Moose's 6 fights in bellator be against blown up WW's.

Back