News Bader Vs Nemkov - 21st August

That card was dreadful and hard to watch up till main event. Putting Amasov who could be fighting for a belt next year on prelims so you can showcase Roy Nelson.

Bader looked like shit, so much for Coker and Bellators entire hyping of Bader being best LHW in the world. That went down in flames. He needs to stay at HW. he wouldnt have to cut weight, he's faster than HW and really all thats left in the div is Minakov and Johnson and maybe Fortune if he can build himself back up.

Nemkov looked great and he's good, legit top 5 guy. Already beaten Liam, Davis and Bader so Anderson and Machida are really only guys left. Do they give Anderson shot right now or do they make him win a fight first over someone like Liam? But after Anderson he's gonna struggle to find opponents that matter.

That card was dreadful and hard to watch up till main event. Putting Amasov who could be fighting for a belt next year on prelims so you can showcase Roy Nelson.

Bader looked like shit, so much for Coker and Bellators entire hyping of Bader being best LHW in the world. That went down in flames. He needs to stay at HW. he wouldnt have to cut weight, he's faster than HW and really all thats left in the div is Minakov and Johnson and maybe Fortune if he can build himself back up.

Nemkov looked great and he's good, legit top 5 guy. Already beaten Liam, Davis and Bader so Anderson and Machida are really only guys left. Do they give Anderson shot right now or do they make him win a fight first over someone like Liam? But after Anderson he's gonna struggle to find opponents that matter.
Agree 100%

Something behind the scenes must have happened for Amosov to not only be stuck on the prelims, but also fighting a prospect in Lemminger. Perhaps he's looking to jump ship into the UFC?

If not, then what the hell? There's no way they would be putting Ruth on the prelims had he won.
UFC did this to Arlovski when he was going to Affliction

Wow Nemkov is a BEAST. That was one of the most technical performances I’ve ever seen. Really thought Bader would grind out a W but he was outclassed standing and on the ground...and only landed 3 punches.

Bader is a tough bastard though, the ref could have called it off 45 seconds earlier, he took that beating like a man. I agree he should probably move back up and stay there until he calls it a career.

Nemkov was "legit top 5" when he beat Davis two years back. Go check FightMatrix. He's now #1. No one else in the division has a dub that matches this.

Not sure he is ready for Lima, though. Lima is just a different kind of fighter. Although, I would much rather see Amasov fight Lima than rematches against Larkin or MVP.
I wouldn't mind an MVP or Larkin rematch first, TBH. Amosov deserves a title shot right now if he wants it, but I also wouldn't mind seeing him take a big fight first. The Gracie/Fitch winner, for example, would be a really big fight and a great test for him. He has tons of experience but we all know there's levels to the game.

I hope they release Nelson. Nemkov is an animal

These russians wins are incredible! Two victories vs former and olds ufc wastes. Very impressive!!!

Just watched it, props to the ref giving Bader the benefit of the doubt and not stopping it early. He had every chance to get back into the fight but couldn't get buddy off of him.

Just watched. Feels like Nemkov has that speed, but also his punches are not that heavy. Cause Bader was trying to get up for too long after being hit by him. In any way, Bader was always a werid case for me. His Fedors KO punch had super weird angle. And he always felt very heavy on the feet for me.

Not sure he is ready for Lima, though. Lima is just a different kind of fighter. Although, I would much rather see Amasov fight Lima than rematches against Larkin or MVP.

Amosov is really good everywhere, I actually think he can beat Lima.

Not the best event overall, but Nemkov redeemed it.

So nice to see a head kick start it off.

Anyone have fun actually getting to hear Fedor in the corner during the fight?

like 75% of bellator cards suck, a few main events are good, the rest almost unwatchable, unfortunately

I had a guy tell me that Bader looked the best he ever has in Bellator. It definitely had nothing to do with him beating up 40 year-olds.

Amosov is really good everywhere, I actually think he can beat Lima.
Dont get me wrong, that is the fight to make but I think Lima can keep the fight standing against anyone and pick them apart and knock them out, including Amasov. Hopefully we see a title fight next or at least a big name fight.

Back