News Bader Vs Nemkov - 21st August

Nemkov is a very worthy challenger and a valid threat. With that said, I like Bader to win by resorting to his wrestling once things get too spicy on the feet.

Nemkov got some skills, but I think bader has gotten too good at protecting his chin. I'm predicting bader blasting a td early with some gnp stoppage or a wrestling clinic to decision.

I still can't believe I got this one wrong! Dang it.....I need new Birds!

Really fucking pumped for this one. I was so gutted when it was cancelled due to COVID, and I’m glad we’ve got it rescheduled (and soon!). I hate to say it, but I have to lean towards Bader winning, although Nemkov absolutely has the skills to win the fight. Should be very competitive.

WAR FEDOR TEAM.

Really fucking pumped for this one. I was so gutted when it was cancelled due to COVID, and I’m glad we’ve got it rescheduled (and soon!). I hate to say it, but I have to lean towards Bader winning, although Nemkov absolutely has the skills to win the fight. Should be very competitive.

WAR FEDOR TEAM.
Nemkov tooled Phil Davis, whose wrestling is just as strong as Bader. I think Nemkov will follow the same game plan as he did against Phil Davis and has a very good chance at winning. I know he won via split decision but if you watched the fight that was a BS split decision. Although, I was surprised that Davis didnt use his wrestling and fought a stand up battle vs Nemkov. Vadim even got his own takedowns vs Davis.

Nemkov tooled Phil Davis, whose wrestling is just as strong as Bader. I think Nemkov will follow the same game plan as he did against Phil Davis and has a very good chance at winning. I know he won via split decision but if you watched the fight that was a BS split decision. Although, I was surprised that Davis didnt use his wrestling and fought a stand up battle vs Nemkov. Vadim even got his own takedowns vs Davis.
I think he’ll use a similar gameplan as well. And while I scored the Nemkov-Davis fight for Nemkov, it was a close, competitive fight from what I recall. I just checked the odds and Bader is around -175 to Nemkov’s +145, which seems about right to me.

I watched that fight again today actually. Nemkov won every round except the 3rd, because he got taken down at the end and escaped 2 kimuras. Davis tried to use his wrestling multiple times, Nemkov just stopped it. Nemkov also took down Davis.

I watched that fight again today actually. Nemkov won every round except the 3rd, because he got taken down at the end and escaped 2 kimuras. Davis tried to use his wrestling multiple times, Nemkov just stopped it. Nemkov also took down Davis.
Nemkov is legit, that was a BS split decision, Nemkov clearly won at least 29-28. Same game plan can get him the championship against Bader.

I think he’ll use a similar gameplan as well. And while I scored the Nemkov-Davis fight for Nemkov, it was a close, competitive fight from what I recall. I just checked the odds and Bader is around -175 to Nemkov’s +145, which seems about right to me.
If those are the odds then I will be outting some money on Nemkov, I think he gets it done.

Nemkov is legit, that was a BS split decision, Nemkov clearly won at least 29-28. Same game plan can get him the championship against Bader.

Yeah, Definitely. I don't know how it was a split decision. Even in the 3rd, all Davis did was get 1 takedown and miss 2 kimuras.

It sounds abour right, Bader should be a favorite but I think Nemkov pulls it off. Not an easy fight but for those odds I would out money on him.

This will be Bader's 1st fight back at LHW in years, he could look worse. Frankly, he looked better at HW than he ever did at LHW. He is a big dude and cutting so much weight probbaly hurts him. I remember seeing a pic of him next to Cain Velasquez before, and Bader looked like the much bigger man.

Tooled is a strong term for winning two standing rounds, then spending the 3rd on his back getting worked. You said it yourself Davis loves his striking too much and didn't use his wrestling enough, Bader will have a much heavier wrestling approach.

Yeah, Definitely. I don't know how it was a split decision. Even in the 3rd, all Davis did was get 1 takedown and miss 2 kimuras.

This will be Bader's 1st fight back at LHW in years, he could look worse. Frankly, he looked better at HW than he ever did at LHW. He is a big dude and cutting so much weight probbaly hurts him. I remember seeing a pic of him next to Cain Velasquez before, and Bader looked like the much bigger man.
Bader is in a weird situation because he has easier fights at LHW but he is probably a better fighter at HW. Aside from Nemkov, there isnt much more left for him in Bellator's LHW division. Whereas at HW where Bader performs better a fight against Minakov and possibly Werdum are horrible match-ups for Bader.

Tooled is a strong term for winning two standing rounds, then spending the 3rd on his back getting worked. You said it yourself Davis loves his striking too much and didn't use his wrestling enough, Bader will have a much heavier wrestling approach.
Fair enough, he didnt tool him but he did win decisively the rounds that were spent standing. And yes, I doubt Bader would make that same mistake.

The Bellator 244 lineup now includes:

MAIN CARD (Paramount, DAZN, 10 p.m. ET)

• Champ Ryan Bader vs. Vadim Nemkov – for light heavyweight title
  • Julia Budd vs. Jessy Miele
  • Valentin Moldavsky vs. Roy Nelson
PRELIMINARY CARD (MMA Junkie)

• Andrew Kapel vs. John Salter
  • Sidney Outlaw vs. Adam Piccolotti
  • Josh Hill vs. Erik Perez
  • Lucas Brennan vs. Will Smith
  • Chris Gonzalez vs. Vladimir Tokov
  • Lance Gibson Jr. vs. Shane Kruchten

These cards look a lot better when they're not getting local fighters to sell tickets. Prelims actually look like interesting competitive fights.

Shit! Will Smith took his wives cheating pretty harsh.

Back