Bad title fights decisions

You figure youd lose something inside after that shit happens

Yeah. Edgar still did great things at FW, but I do sometimes wonder what would have happened if he rightfully got the nod in that Benson fight. I would have loved to have seen prime Edgar vs melendez and Pettis back then.

I had Benson 49-46 in the first fight, Edgar 49-46 in the second. First one had close rounds but Edgar clearly should have won the rematch. And I admit I was very biased for Benson in both fights.

A couple of more
Randleman vs Rutten
Shogun vs Machida (biggest robbery in my opinion)
Benson vs Melendez
Randleman vs Rutten is only undertandalble if the judges were klan members.

Disagree with Machida Rua being the worst, it's not even worse than Jones Reyes. If you look at media and fan scoring Machida Rua was almost 50/50, while Reyes got 80/20 over Jones.

Machida vs Rua was NOT 50/50, look at MMADecisions every outlet on there scored it for Rua. Easily one of the worst decisions in title fight history.

http://mmadecisions.com/decision/1332/Lyoto-Machida-vs-Mauricio-Rua
"every outlet"? There's literally THREE: Sherdog, Fightmetric and MMAJunkie. Yes, that's "every" but a very small sample size.

Better look at the top fan pick:
Machida defeats Rua 48 - 47 26.0%

Here's some more, the original thread was deleted. Luckily it was quoted by another poster.

49-47 Shogun

10-9 Shogoon
10-9 Lyoto
10-10
10-9 Shogoon
10-9 Shogoon

One of the worst decisions ever. The outrage was unprecedented and practically everyone had it Shogoon

- The audience was largely in favor of Machida before the fight. After the decision was announced, the only thing you could hear was boos, boos and more boos.

- Rogan and Goldberg gave the fight to Shogun.

Dana White: "I thought Shogun won"

Link:
Dana White "I thought Shogun won the fight." [video]

MMA journalists, websites:

FightMetric: 49-47 Rua
CompuStrike: Rua outlanded Machida 89-50 in Total Strikes landed including 73 Leg Strikes landed. Rua dominated the fight and did just about everything he needed to do to beat the undefeated Machida, including outlanding Machida in every round, but apparently it wasn't enough for the judges.
Yahoo Sports / Cagewriter: 48-47 Rua
BloodyElbow : 48-47 Rua
USAToday: 48-47 Rua, 49-46 Rua
Savage Science: 49-46 Rua
ESPN / Jake Rossen: 49-46 or 48-47 Rua
MMA Fanhouse / Michael David Smith: 48-47 Rua
411mania.com: 48-47 Rua
CagePotato: 49-46 Rua
MMATorch : 48-47 Rua
MMAJunkie : 49-46 or 48-47 Rua
MMAMania : 50-45 Rua
5 Ounces of Pain : Rua (no score given)
Fightlinker : Rua (no score given)
MMAConvert: Rua ("Machida was given a gift")
ProMMA.Info: 50-45 Rua
Sherdog:
Jordan Breen -- 48-47 Rua
Brian Knapp -- 48-47 Rua
Mike Fridley -- 50-45 Rua
Sports Illustrated (thanks jamers):
Ben Fowlkes - Rua ("They say you have to clearly beat the champion if you want to take his belt. Mauricio "Shogun" Rua seemed to have done just that at UFC 104 on Saturday night, but the mere fact that UFC light heavyweight champ Lyoto Machida was still conscious at the end was apparently enough for the judges to give him the victory")
Joss Gross: 48-47 Rua
MMARising / Robert Sargeant (thanks TheEnigma): 49-46 Rua
FightLine: 49-46 Rua (thanks karatelarusso)
Loretta Hunt (thanks On Letting Go): Rua ("I am very disappointed in the decision. Very upsetting. The sport owes Mauricio "Shogun" Rua a big apology.")
TATAME (thanks Radamantis): "Maurício “Shogun” Rua was the underdog, but the 2005 Pride GP champion “surprised” everybody with a perfect strategy and performance, dominating three out of five rounds against Lyoto Machida, but losing by unanimous decision (48-47)."

credit: dystemper (thanks for compiling most of this list) and others for contributing (listed above)

Dystemper's original thread:
http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f2/wha.../#post34126203

Pro fighters who thought Shogun won:

- Anthony Johnson (post-fight conference)
- Joe Stevenson (post-fight conference)
- Cain Velasquez (post-fight conference)
- Shane Carwin (via Twitter)
"great night of fights. further proof you have to finish as the judges just can't score MMA"
- Denis Kang (via Twitter)
"Shogun got robbed last night IMO."
- Efrain Escudero (via Twitter)
"I'm sorry but shogun won that fight easy"
- Kenny Florian (via Twitter)
"I love Machida but Shogun won that fight!!"
- Joe Lauzon (via Twitter)
"I think Shogun won it."
- Frank Trigg
"he [Shogun] got robbed, was looking 4 don king"
- Roy Nelson
"I just lost $5 on shogun, I am mad, shogun won 4 rounds to 1"
- Joe Doerkson
"Shogun won four rounds out of five ... I am disgusted."
- Brendan Schaub
"Shogun won that fight."
- Jorge Gurgel
"Wow. I was cheering for Machida, but believe Shogun just got robbed... That is the very worst feeling in the world."
- BJ Penn (via Facebook)
"Did Shogun win? yeah."
- Rampage Jackson (via his website)
"Shogun getting robbed like that was pretty cut throat"
- Jon Jones (via Twitter)
"Watched it again this morning and still just saying wow. I guess the next guy might just need to bring a sword"
- Ben Henderson (via Twitter)
"To me that was a bad decision. Rua was more active and the aggressor."
- Kit Cope (via Twitter)
"What?!?! That was the worst robbery I have seen in the UFC ever!!!"
- Jake Shields (via Twitter)
"Even though Shogun should have won that fight!"
- Miguel Torres (via Twitter)
"Shogun is back. Very impressed, Muay Thai 1, Karate 0."
- Cameron Dollar? (via Twitter)
"Man the ufc judging tonight was garbage"
- Jay Silva (via Twitter)
"Ufc 104 was okay rua won the fight but u all know u gotta bit the camp 2 be a champ, but wht about the rampage fight hmmmm"
- Matt Brown (via Twitter)
"Shogun def robbed, but after a 2nd watch it was closer than I thought at first. I gave Machida rd 1 & MAYBE rd 3. Just my two cents..."
- Tiki Ghosn (via Twitter)
"Karate doesn't work against Muay Thai"
- Frank Shamrock (via Twitter)
"Shogun won that fight"
- Antonio Silva
- Vitor Belfort (TATAME.com)
"UFC judges aren’t good to judge. To beat the champion, you only have to win, it doesn’t matter how."
- Rickson Gracie (according to Shogun)
- Randy Couture
"Shogun won 4 rounds."
- Wanderlei Silva (training partner)
"he [Machida] did not do enough to win the fight"
- Rashad Evans (MMA Live)
- Marcus Jones (MMA Live)
- Dave Meltzer
- Tito Ortiz (MMA Connected)
"I gave 4 of 1 rounds to Shogun as well."

Pro fighters who thought Machida won:

- Josh Thomson (via Twitter)
"Watch the dam fight again. Machida won 3rnds an shogun won the last 2."
- Anderson Silva (Machida's best friend)
"Lyoto won every round." (TATAME.com inteview)

PRIDE rules.
1st round is 10 minutes.
Fight judged as a whole instead of rounds.
And never hire boxing judges ever again.
How many rounds are there? I'm sadly not familiar with it, as i haven't been into MMA that long and haven't (yet) read or watched alot abour Pride.

Seriously, stop posting that bullsh*t on here. If you seriously think that this is some kind of injection mark or scar, you need definitely help.
I literally have the exact f*cking same thing on my stomach and i have for damn sure never in my life gotten any injection anywhere near that.

Disagree with Machida Rua being the worst, it's not even worse than Jones Reyes. If you look at media and fan scoring Machida Rua was almost 50/50, while Reyes got 80/20 over Jones.

Actually Machida Shogun is very similar to Jones Santos. Santos leg kicked Jones to death for 5 rounds, just like Shogun did to Machida.

Dying sport? How is it dying?
Because the casuals are taking over.
Same thing happened with the craft beer industry. Back in 2005-2010 it was a nice little niche thing...like a cool little club for beer geeks to enjoy for themselves. Then the budlight swilling mouthbreathers and hipster brewfuses took it to fad status and it blew up to something pretentious, yet carnivalesque...the casuals ccame out of the woodwork and destroyed something fun and intelligent and entertaining...if unrefined and a tad dorky.

Dicks.

pride rulez were also shady cause you had to kill the japanese fighter in order to win :)
Same in Judo. Wonder how it will be in this year's Olympics in Japan! Also in Karate. It's WKF (French and Spanish based org) but judges may be biased too.

This (Jones vs Reyes) is not the first time the judges stank up the place:

GSP vs Hendricks
Hendricks vs Robbie 1
Hendricks vs Robbie 2
Robbie vs Condit
Shogun vs Machida
Benson vs Frankie 1
Benson vs Frankie 2
Jones vs Gus 1
Jones vs Mareta
DJ vs CCCehudo

Judges have a history of bad/terrible decisions. The community is right, there has to be a change in the scoring system, maybe we need to completely eliminate the judges and introduce a new way to score the fights.
Dillashaw vs Cruz

Back