Bad stoppage? (Herb Dean)

Rough stoppage, IMO. I can see the reasoning for the stoppage, but at the same time he was never on Queer Street or doing the stanky leg around the octagon,... would have enjoyed a 3rd round.

this

What does your main account think on the matter?

trying to duck the question?

have you ever fought any real fights? you spent weeks and some even months training and in return get stopped like this? total BS!

No one who has ever fought would call that a good stoppage

That's the difference between sparring and real fight! Bunch of noobs

Agreed. I've sparred, and that was an early stoppage imo.

What do you guys want who are saying bad stoppage? Herb could be seen talking to him. He was obviously telling him to show him something. He wasn't fighting back or defending himself and didn't protest.

When I first saw the stoppage, I thought it was awful.

Than I re-watched, still bad, but probably not as awful as I thought.

Anyone with the "he told him to defend himself 5 times" argument needs to jump off a bridge. He was defending himself. He was blocking/dodging the entire time. He just didn't fire back.

3rd Round coulda gone either way and he wasn't even rocked, bad stoppage IMO.

What do you guys want who are saying bad stoppage? Herb could be seen talking to him. He was obviously telling him to show him something. He wasn't fighting back or defending himself and didn't protest.

Circle the fuck away isn't defending? When the guy was loading on you it's hard to find a gap to fight back, circling away IS defending regroup and go again

And that Asian probably thought Herb stopped because the round ended!

trying to duck the question?

have you ever fought any real fights? you spent weeks and some even months training and in return get stopped like this? total BS!

You didn't even ask a question in your first post.

Troll harder man, or at least get better at it.

I've seen way worse stoppages than that. Wasn't that bad.

He got tagged several times in the flurry, but he wasn't accumulating significant damage. Also the flurry was totally unsustainable offensively and was probably over when Herb stopped it. Awful.

A lot of dumb as shit people.

Great stoppage

I didn't think it was great at all but it wasn't poor enough for me to complain. I can see the argument for a "great stoppage" and the argument for a "poor stoppage".

He was protecting his head, he was just doing a bad job at it. That black dude barely had his skinny legs under him for most of that fight though. Those leg kicks were taking a toll. Pretty entertaining fight.

Overall I think refs need to be more consistent. I've seen plenty of fights where the dude was taking an asinine amount of punishment and it's not stopped. (Erik Silva vs Matt Browne is the most recent)

insert gif or it didn't happen.

:redface:

Herb doesn't know there is 10 seconds left. He doesn't make judgement calls based on the amount of time left in a round; he makes them based on whether a fighter is, or is not, in danger. He has as much information on the time as the fighters do...

If he wanted to last the round he should not have dropped his hands.

Back