Bad stoppage? (Herb Dean)

Bad stoppage. He was actively trying to avoid damage, whether successful or not, he fired back a few times, and he wasn't rocked or in danger of losing consciousness. As long as they have the ability to fight back, they should be allowed to. He literally strolled over to his corner after it was over, didn't look hurt at all.

Terrible stoppage. There was 12 seconds left in the fucking round. And when he stops it, Eddiva's walking around like he wasn't just getting hit a bunch. Like nothing fucking happened. He wasn't rocked at all. This shit pisses me off. Fuck Herb Dean.

And if "he said fight back and he didn't fight back" is your justification for the stoppage, stop being fucking retarded. You can't always fight back in a fight, you have to be defensive sometimes. I'd say his defense was FAIRLY decent, he got hit good, but he defended strikes too... I understand if you disagree with that statement, but AT THE VERY LEAST, it was good enough to let the fight go on for 12 more fucking seconds.

EDIT: 8 SECONDS. Not twelve. Eight. ... SMFH.

Last edited:
10 seconds to go, you gotta give that guy a chance to survive till the next round man

The ref should NEVER take the clock into consideration when making a decision. Decent stoppage, definitely seen worse.

I've seen worse stoppages, most of them by Herb himself

It was a great stoppage, even though on his feet, the guy was badly hurt. And you can't let the fight go on just because there is only 10 seconds left, the time doesn't matter.

when ref keep making these BS calls like they did in boxing, stopping fights when it's clear the fighter can still go on (the Asian dude can still circle away), we all know how would it turn out! I smell $$ behind it

I thought it was fine. He was rocked and wasn't defending. Herb can only yell so many times to defend yourself before your not. Didn't look like the fighter argued it either.

it was a really bad stoppage. he had just survived the worst Souza had to offer, was covering up and moving away with about 10 seconds left in the round. Herb messed up.

Time on the clock doesn't matter. I'm not a fan of the stoppage. Herb has been in his old form lately.

I used to call for him to be fired between 2007-2009. Then somewhere along the way he became very good and consistent. Now he's reverted.

No one who has ever sparred would call that a bad stoppage.

Back