Bad stoppage? (Herb Dean)

he was circling out when herb stopped it. There was only 10 seconds left as well

A ref can't decide any moment to ask a fighter to defend himself, this stoppage wasn't all that bad, but the "he told the fighter to defend himself" argument is not always good.

my point is we have to think on fighter's safety too, he ate way too many unanswered shots and wasn't really defending himself aside from trying to lower his head slightly, not a single punch back at Souza.

the guy was done imo. didn't even protest.

10 seconds to go, you gotta give that guy a chance to survive till the next round man

That dude was practically out on his feet. It was a humane stoppage IMO.

Totally BS, there was only 10 second left and the dude was still standing trying to circle away
and he stops it?
WAY FUCKING EARLY HERB!

Worst Ref in UFC, always ruins fights!

Bad stoppage. Eddiva had his hands up, had just tried a thai clinch, had just thrown a kick to the body, and herb jumped in as Eddiva was circling away.

Rough stoppage, IMO. I can see the reasoning for the stoppage, but at the same time he was never on Queer Street or doing the stanky leg around the octagon,... would have enjoyed a 3rd round.

my point is we have to think on fighter's safety too, he ate way too many unanswered shots and wasn't really defending himself aside from trying to lower his head slightly, not a single punch back at Souza.

the guy was done imo. didn't even protest.

So because he didn't throw a tantrum, it was a good stoppage? Maybe he knows protesting is pointless once a fight has been stopped. He certainly didn't look happy about it

Terrible stoppage due to terrible positioning

A lot of dumbasses, bad stoppage

It doesn't matter how much time is left. It wasn't a bad stoppage but I would of liked it to have gone on. It wasn't a bad stoppage but it wasn't a good stoppage either. But I noticed the fighter didn't seem upset that the ref stopped it.

So because he didn't throw a tantrum, it was a good stoppage? Maybe he knows protesting is pointless once a fight has been stopped. He certainly didn't look happy about it

no, i only pointed that out as a detail lol. my main points are the previous ones. not defending + eating a ridiculous amount of HARD shots without answer.

just imo though.

he was circling out when herb stopped it. There was only 10 seconds left as well

The time on the clock shouldn't matter, but the fact that Eddiva was so far from being put away and had just circled away from the flurry does.

Absolute shit stoppage.

yes bad stoppage. the guy was taking a beating but he was never out of it or really hurt. how many fights is herb dean gona mess up?!

Totally BS, there was only 10 second left and the dude was still standing trying to circle away
and he stops it?
WAY FUCKING EARLY HERB!

Worst Ref in UFC, always ruins fights!

Agreed.

Back