Bad Service

When i was in my twenties, I went into the bank where I had a checking account to cash my paycheck. The teller refused to cash it because I didn't have funds in my account greater than the amount of the check. Of course, I didn't like this response so I asked to see a manager. I got the same story from the manager so I told her I wanted to close my account. She refused to close my account because she said I was just angry and would regret it later. So I went and cashed my paycheck and a personal check for the amount left in my account at a check cashing place for a rather large fee. I continued to get monthly bank statements from my old bank for a long time stating that I had a $0.00 balance. I guess they eventually closed it. Screw Bank of America.

Ordered dominos, pizza got there 40 min later. I was going in my head about what kind of bullshit story the delivery guy would throw at me and how he would try to justify charging me for the pizza. The whole thing was too much of a hassle to even try to get out of paying for the 12dlr pizza so I was ready to pay to spare me the discussion.

I opened the door and instantly the delivery guy says: "Good evening sir, my apologies for being late, your pizza is free of charge".
I was stunned, said thank you and tipped him double.

Thought I'd share this cause I usually shit on bad service but we seldom acknowledge when they do things right.

Just so you know, the "fresh" pizza you had made instead of the one that was sitting around for an hour, was probably 50% made of spit in the tomato sauce. Expecting good service from a pizza establishment (especially one as shitty as Papa John's) was your first mistake.

My bad service pizza story. Was a little kid. Saved up money to buy my own pizza. Was super excited ordering my own food for the first time. Ordered pepperoni and green pepper. Pick it up, pay. Then realize that it was pineapple instead of pepperoni. So I complain. The guy tells me I ordered pineapple. Refuses to make it again or refund me. So I fling the box, sending pizza slices flying all over the restaurant. He went out of business 6 months later. Screw that guy.

Roof_pizza.gif

Dude... Go to talk to a rabbi or DJ from Roseanne. Gtfo with all your angst towards religious needs.

Angst? What angst? I'm simply stating that the concerns that vegans (which, unless I've been lied to all these years, is not a religion), nor the jewish are alleviated because cooking a particular meat/cheese product in a pizza does not make it not meat or cheese and cooking non-kosher cheeses/meats does nothing to make it kosher. No need for the anger.

Again, worrying about the knife that used when cutting pizza is silly considering that most pizza places don't usually keep the surfaces they make the pizza on clean.

Last edited:
You really went back? you are aware they spit on your pizza right

KFC had this huge 24 piece bucket [might still have it, but KFC sucks; I didn't realize this as a child] and my mom never let me eat fried food. Something about "extra crispy" really rung my bell. So I saved up money until I could get it. I thought I could eat all of it. I think I had two breast pieces, some fries, and a biscuit. Something about all that food intrigued me.

And now I'm fat.

i was drunk one night like three months back, and when i was going home, there was a kfc that was open. i bought so much damn food and ate most of it that night. i swear, i gained at least five pounds overnight. you have to be careful when you eat that stuff. you eat like a week's worth of fatty-grams when you eat even once at a place like that.

Always complain to Corporate. Get specifics. Names, times, etc..

That is what a bish at my work does all the time. It is pretty pathetic but she gets free stuff all of the time.

Goddamn. I'm gonna start doing this.

Funny because I ordered Papa Johns yesterday. Went and picked it up and saw the dude in the back use his bare hands to put my pepperocinis (sp ? the little pepper things) in the box instead of the tongs that were right fucking there on the container with the peppers. I just wound up washing them off when I got home but, man, it really pissed me off - but I didn't want to say anything to him because I've worked in pizza places before and they're typically pretty shit jobs, so I didn't want to give this guy a hard time.

Just so you know, the "fresh" pizza you had made instead of the one that was sitting around for an hour, was probably 50% made of spit in the tomato sauce. Expecting good service from a pizza establishment (especially one as shitty as Papa John's) was your first mistake.

Considering there were about 20 people there working that day, I highly doubt it, and once again, my experience working in food lets me have a bit better perception of what actually goes on in restaurants.

Angst? What angst? I'm simply stating that the concerns that vegans (which, unless I've been lied to all these years, is not a religion), nor the jewish are alleviated because cooking a particular meat/cheese product in a pizza does not make it not meat or cheese and cooking non-kosher cheeses/meats does nothing to make it kosher. No need for the anger.

Again, worrying about the knife that used when cutting pizza is silly considering that most pizza places don't usually keep the surfaces they make the pizza on clean.

Who are you to say whether or not their needs are met? You're not them.

Of course they realize the futility behind it, as do most people with many requirements for religions/lifestyles, but they do what they can to feel better about it. That's it.

Are you honestly confused or just trying to point our illogic in certain lifestyles or religions? You said you weren't confused, so it must be the latter.

Who are you to say whether or not their needs are met? You're not them.

Of course they realize the futility behind it, as do most people with many requirements for religions/lifestyles, but they do what they can to feel better about it. That's it.

Are you honestly confused or just trying to point our illogic in certain lifestyles or religions? You said you weren't confused, so it must be the latter.

You can't really be this daft. How on earth does pointing out that cooking meat and cheese does not change the fact that it is still meat and cheese, nor that cooking something that is not previously kosher does not make it kosher do anything to make what I said a lampoon on lifestyle or religion?

My comment was a simple statement of fact on the subject of cross contamination during the cooking process; nothing more. I'm not the one stretching this into a religious/lifestyle argument. At any rate, it's ridiculous to presume you know the minds of the "they" I and the other person were discussing. Calm down with the unnecessary "GTFOs" and stop reading way too far into it.

Last edited:
all these crazy pizza-stories remind me why i buy digiorno's pizza if i ever feel the mood to eat cheap pizza. throw it in the oven and wait twenty minutes, and you have a decent pizza, for cheaper than what you'd get for a relatively-similar quality takeout pizza.

all these crazy pizza-stories remind me why i buy digiorno's pizza if i ever feel the mood to eat cheap pizza. throw it in the oven and wait twenty minutes, and you have a decent pizza, for cheaper than what you'd get for a relatively-similar quality takeout pizza.

Can't argue with that. Some f the frozen stuff is not at all bad. The Vons nearby has a
"3 for $10" sale on their store brand pizza on the regular. It's not half bad. If anything, I'll go the extra mile to dice up extra veggies/meat and slap on some extra cheese.

You never lived in the SF Bay Area, brah.

I've lived in the Bay Area my whole life. Also worked in the service industry for over 10 years and worked in the city and never saw anybody mess with anyone's food or drink in a disgusting way. Where do you live? Martinez? lol

Can't argue with that. Some f the frozen stuff is not at all bad. The Vons nearby has a
"3 for $10" sale on their store brand pizza on the regular. It's not half bad. If anything, I'll go the extra mile to dice up extra veggies/meat and slap on some extra cheese.

that's what i'm sayin'. i tend to buy like three or four digiorno pies, and will throw one in the oven if i want pizza, or if friends are over and they're hungry.

that's what i'm sayin'. i tend to buy like three or four digiorno pies, and will throw one in the oven if i want pizza, or if friends are over and they're hungry.

If you care to go the extra mile you could always whip up one on your own. Use small, medium, or taco/burrito shells as your crust. Grab some canned sauce or mix your own (a can of tomato paste (or sauce if you like thin), oil, water, italian seasoning, salt pepper), then some cheese & meat from a deli; Quick and easy and the tortilla makes for a nice thin crispy crust. I knock these out in the toaster oven every so often.

I've lived in the Bay Area my whole life. Also worked in the service industry for over 10 years and worked in the city and never saw anybody mess with anyone's food or drink in a disgusting way. Where do you live? Martinez? lol

He was trying to troll really hard and failed. He doesn't actually believe or think most of the shit he spewed in this thread.

You can't really be this daft. How on earth does pointing out that cooking meat and cheese does not change the fact that it is still meat and cheese, nor that cooking something that is not previously kosher does not make it kosher do anything to make what I said a lampoon on lifestyle or religion?

My comment a simple statement of fact on the subject of cross contamination during the cooking process; nothing more. I'm not the one stretching this into a religious/lifestyle argument. At any rate, it's ridiculous to presume you know the minds of the "they" I and the other person were discussing. Calm down with the unnecessary "GTFOs" and stop reading way too far into it.

They don't care, though. They want to be humored. Come off it dude.

And I only told you to Gtfo once, so the plural was unnecessary, but thanks for the magnification.

Back