Bad performances from good/well known actors.

Marlon Brando in the Island of Dr. Moreau takes the cake. He had been phoning stuff in for a while, but this was a whole new level of shenanigans.

This. So bad.

I don't know why he went for that crazy version. Jones has the Charisma to play the smooth talking Dent then can by icy enough to play Cold hearted killer should have went for those contrasts

The Rite. :p I always hear bad things about that movie. I find it decent because I'm always into Horror genre and especially ones involving bible. And I love Sir Hopkins *pokes* avatar. His demon rant and taunt obviously saved the movie though.

If anything his performance in The Wolfman 2010 was worse than in The Rite. That's just my opinion.

EDIT:
The Wolfman was a worse movie compared as well. Again, my opinion, and I'm sure there will be some that feels differently. Either way, neither were great movies.

Oh hey there you are..

"The Rite" might have been a 6/10 horror movie, but the "based on a true story" sadness which ruined that phrase for every movie for the rest of history takes it down 2 points. 4/10. Would be worse without A Hop hamming it up near the end.

Marlon Brando in the Island of Dr. Moreau takes the cake. He had been phoning stuff in for a while, but this was a whole new level of shenanigans.

I liked fat Brando in 'Don Juan Demarco,' such a breezy silly movie, but he and Depp had some chemistry and he was just a real guy in it.. Cute movie. 7.1/10

Elizabeth Olsen in Godzilla , she's kinda just there

Elizabeth Olsen as Scarlet Witch, Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow in Age of Ultron. Marvel Cinematic Universe got extra

steamy.jpg

Elizabeth Olsen as Scarlet Witch, Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow in Age of Ultron. Marvel Cinematic Universe got extra

steamy.jpg

Yes hopefully doesn't get stuck with a badly written character or also hopefully Scarlett being pregnant during filming doesn't detract from her role

Ford sounded disinterested on purpose.

Even on THAT level, I don't buy it. Not a good 'disintrested' impersonation. imho.

He was in the middle of being an awesome star from his Han Solo/Indiana Jones persona, that was the gear he was in. I don't think he fit in any other role around that time.

Oh hey there you are..

"The Rite" might have been a 6/10 horror movie, but the "based on a true story" sadness which ruined that phrase for every movie for the rest of history takes it down 2 points. 4/10. Would be worse without A Hop hamming it up near the end.

Yeah, I would probably give it 6/10 as well.

I apologise, I have memory of a goldfish with names, even in real life. Have we chatted in other threads before? I don't really recognise your username. :redface:

Ed norton in Italian job, he refused to do it and the studio said your contract is for 3 films or 5 years so if you don't do this film you won't be in shit for the next 4 years (IIRC)

I don't know if Norton fulfilled his contract or what, but to me he seemed like he was in precious few films during his thirties either way. Probably a combination of being highly selective with a reputation for being impossible to worth with, but I wonder what could have been had he really given his thirties a go.

I don't know why he went for that crazy version. Jones has the Charisma to play the smooth talking Dent then can by icy enough to play Cold hearted killer should have went for those contrasts
The studio recoiled from Burton's phantasmagoric vision and wanted the franchise more to be family-friendly. Schumacher took it to eleven and so bears much of the blame for what resulted.

I recall the original 60s series was cited as an influence. I'm not sure of the timing, but reflecting back on FOREVER it certainly seems like it was very closely inspired by BATMAN: THE ANIMATED SERIES.

He did for all of 30 seconds

The entire movie died at the moment he actually said "BLIND DO-DAH LUCK!"

I don't know if Norton fulfilled his contract or what, but to me he seemed like he was in precious few films during his thirties.

The studio recoiled from Burton's phantasmagoric vision and wanted the franchise more to be family-friendly. Schumacher took it to eleven and so bears much of the blame for what resulted.

I recall the original 60s series was cited as an influence. I'm not sure of the timing, but reflecting back on FOREVER it certainly seems like it was very closely inspired by BATMAN: THE ANIMATED SERIES.

Yeah but the Two Face from the series wasn't like Jones' Portrayal , Tommy played him like a maniac

Yeah, I would probably give it 6/10 as well.

I apologise, I have memory of a goldfish with names, even in real life. Have we chatted in other threads before? I don't really recognise your username. :redface:

Anthony Hopkins :redface:

"there you are"

Samuel L Jackson, Ewan McGregor and Natalie Portman in Revenge Of The Sith.

This. Although I must say McGregor is not that bad. The lines as written for these great actors is just terrible.

Back