Bad news for Sherbros across the pond: McGregor Reebok fight kits banned from Europe.

I don’t see how it hurts their brand. If anything they should see increased sales from people unaware they aren’t affiliated

A European Lad that sold his soul to America!

Does he still send postcards to Dublin?
Has he repayed Irish welfare?

Can you blame a fashion brand that doesn't want to be mistakenly associated with Reebok apparel and UFC fight kits?

Nobody is going to confuse that brand with Reebok athletic gear.

I haven't seen a trademark suit this frivolous since Spike Lee sued Spike TV.

Nobody is going to confuse that brand with Reebok athletic gear.

I haven't seen a trademark suit this frivolous since Spike Lee sued Spike TV.

They sell stuff with "McGregor" in big letters written over it. Reebok wants to sell stuff with "McGregor" in big letters written over it.

Bad news!?

Who the fuck actually buys these ‘kits’ lol

I've seen a handful of McGregor "kits" in Toronto and NYC over the past few years. All worn by dudes who looked like skeevy d-bags.

Never seen one for any other fighter. I'll never get over how badly the UFC screwed these guys by banning sponsors for this horseshit apparel deal.

They sell stuff with "McGregor" in big letters written over it. Reebok wants to sell stuff with "McGregor" in big letters written over it.

They sell "preppy" business casual attire.

Fight kits are tacky athletic apparel.

No reasonable person is going to confuse the two.

If Reebok started selling Conor McGregor-branded blazers and wingtips, then you'd have an argument.

Europe supports the don't ever go full kit wanker motto

I don't understand the legal rationale here... by this logic couldn't any clothing company block sales of any athletic attire, including jerseys, where the player's last name is the same as the name of the company? There's gotta be hundreds of possible examples of this... can anybody explain it to me?

Someone should throw a dolly through their front window.

Dress it up in a fight kit too!

Bad news!?

Who the fuck actually buys these ‘kits’ lol

11751762_994324087268953_6302512480035008672_n.0.jpg

If any of y'all wankers want me to send you a Conor kit, let me know. I'm not a Conor fan but I'm even less of a fan of dumbass rules. I'm betting I get zero requests due to fight kits being lame as fuck though.

So can anyone who's named Mcdonald open a restaurant named McDonald's and start serving burgers?

He's not opening up a burger restaurant called McDonald. He's selling clothes under Reebok with his own likeness. It's ridiculous and pathetic.

I saw a UNICEF advert recently and one of the starving kids in the poor African village was wearing a UFC fight kit. Wasn't surprised really, they always seem to have Arsenal jersies.

I don't understand the legal rationale here... by this logic couldn't any clothing company block sales of any athletic attire, including jerseys, where the player's last name is the same as the name of the company? There's gotta be hundreds of possible examples of this... can anybody explain it to me?

yeh, you would think...

I mean people could mistake Callum McGregor's Celtic Shirt for being made by a Dutch fashion label..

48bba28c433d59161a8387d4c1e157bb.jpg

or the Rangers goalkeeper.. maybe he shouldnt be allowed to have his name on his shirt either

bc4c6771b68b0ed330f1918b8b62d9c4.jpg

Back