Bad Mouthing Max Holloway

How could he beat Max? He couldn't finish Ige, so I don't see him finishing Max, and I definitely don't see him winning a 5 round standup battle with Max, so he needs to be able to consistently take him down which is a tough sell
Ige like Max has never been KO/TKOd.

Though Ige is not as skillful, he's definitely durable fighter imo. I don't think he's ever been hard-rocked.

Though I agree that Zombie showing in the last 2 fights weren't exactly earning title shot, or earning-fight-with-Max material.

Max has high level boxing, but everyone and even Max knows he doesn't have KO power. That's why he built his game the way it currently is. He can just outwork and swarm you with volume and may get a TKO. Not many fighters can keep up with his boxing, the ones that can with more punching power are the ones that will give him the most problems. Zombie may be able to do it, he has sharp counter punching and is very heavy handed. We'll have to wait and see how the fight plays out. Max's feints/movement may give Zombie problems though, he had a hard time with Ortega's feints and movements.

Max is a volume puncher, he said it himself when he was on Rogans Podcast. He sad he wishes that he have more power.

That said Max destroys anyone not named Volkanovski

Agree. Max has too much volume and pressure. If kz couldn't handle Ortega's value. I'm not sure he could keep up the pace with max. Kz has decent defensive wrestling but I don't see him getting it to a space where he can work his grappling control and bjj.

He has good calf kicks good counter punches and great grappling, out grappled aldo in their fight as well as Dustin. He could potentially counter max and take him down. With Ige he was worried about a potential takedown, Max won't shoot

No stop it. Aldo landed bombs on Max and barely hurt him. Poirier, as a 155er, hits very hard and he landed clean on Max and Max kept coming.

What im trying to say is its very unlikely Kz kos Max and he wont be able to take him down. Do hed have to outpoint him which is never going to happen. Maxs pace will overwhelm him.

No stop it. Aldo landed bombs on Max and barely hurt him. Poirier, as a 155er, hits very hard and he landed clean on Max and Max kept coming.

What im trying to say is its very unlikely Kz kos Max and he wont be able to take him down. Do hed have to outpoint him which is never going to happen. Maxs pace will overwhelm him.
Max was wobbled in both those fights what are you saying from a 2-3 so....

Pro athletes will compete just as hard if you talk to them or not. Playground effort doesn't apply. Max will throw 100 strikes a round if you flip him off or shake his hand.

For the match-up KZ is good at slipping shots and has power. Give him more chances to do so he will land. Can't throw randomly, a measured approach is better. Max going body/head helps him avoid the counters. Longer the fight goes it favors him. This is a interesting match-up. KZ is so durable.

I think KZ could get max down. Holding him down is another story altogether, but even just keeping max honest with takedown attempts slows Max's rhythm down quite a bit. Frankie, Lamas, Volk all kept Max's output down with takedown attempts that stopped max from building momentum.

Strangely I think Kz could pull an upset against Max , but I also think Kattar could beat Kz, I wanna see either of them fight Barboza at some point we all know he's really 3-0 at FW

How would KZ beat Max?

Holloway beats the breaks off of Zombie, worse than Ortega did.

When you say grappling do you mean BJJ? I agree with you his BJJ is better, but I don't think has the wrestling game to take Max down. As far as the striking goes Max is levels above.
He outshot and got takedowns all throughout last nights match against a wrestler

we watch the same fight? I remember max being on Queer Street throughout much of that fight with Dustin

He outshot and got takedowns all throughout last nights match against a wrestler

we watch the same fight? I remember max being in Queer Street throughout much of that fight with Dustin

The definition of much- a great amount, most of.

I dont think he was hurt most of the fight. Poirier hurt him a couple times but Max was never dropped and Poirier never scored a 10-8 round.

The definition of much- a great amount, most of.

I dont think he was hurt most of the fight. Poirier hurt him a couple times but Max was never dropped and Poirier never scored a 10-8 round.

i don't remember that fight in detail

all I remember really is max getting torched and looking like Hawaiian Thomas Hearns after Hagler got through with him.....his eyes glazey and non responsive looking

postimage_haglerhearns.jpg

Chill out dude, I think you're taking this way too serious.

Msx was wobbled against Poirier but i dont remember him ever being wobbled against Aldo.
Round 1 fight 1, halfway through r1, aldo Lands a a cross a left hook another left hook the a. Fly knee up against the cage, Max doesn't do the chicken dance but it does hurt him briefly

Somewhere along the line, KZs usually fan friendly fight style made him one of the more overrated fighters ( as far as the lofty labels his fan base & others put on him). KZ just decisioned the great Dan Ige so him saying that about Max is a bit funny. However - flip side of coin, a fight people will want to see. Max handles him.

Back