Bad Mouthing Max Holloway

Hart Break Kick 97

Pitbull Owner
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I see fighters constantly say they are better strikers and Max has no KO power yet whenever they get in there with him they can destroyed.

Has anyone bad mouthed Max and then beat him? From what I remember both Volk and Poirer didn't bad mouth him

The point of this thread is KZ just came out and said Max has no KO power thats why he wants to fight him.

Granted Max throws volume but the man can put a beating on just about anyone so why provoke the bear?

I like both Max & KZ but I think Max beats him and batters him TKO stoppage

You either like Max or you don't. I can see some people being bothered by Max's antics during fights, but overall, win or lose, you've got to enjoy the way Max fights and his fights. Outside of the cage, he's incredibly respectful. If you don't like him, it is what it is.

I'm also in for a KZ/Max fight if Yair doesn't wait for Max and accepts the Giga bout.

You either like Max or you don't. I can see some people being bothered by Max's antics during fights, but overall, win or lose, you've got to enjoy the way Max fights and his fights. Outside of the cage, he's incredibly respectful. If you don't like him, it is what it is.

I'm also in for a KZ/Max fight if Yair doesn't wait for Max and accepts the Giga bout.

Not really his antics I'm referring to but the fact other fighters try to discredit his striking or punching power then they get in there with him and then get the crap beat out of them. Has anyone bad mouthed him then beat him? I don't think anyone has

962C3AFC-0D61-411F-BEFE-D4593F8C913E.jpeg

Not really his antics I'm referring to but the fact other fighters try to discredit his striking or punching power then they get in there with him and then get the crap beat out of them. Has anyone bad mouthed him then beat him? I don't think anyone has

I got your point. I just went off on my own tangent. My bad. It is what it is, lol.

Strangely I think Kz could pull an upset against Max , but I also think Kattar could beat Kz, I wanna see either of them fight Barboza at some point we all know he's really 3-0 at FW
How could he beat Max? He couldn't finish Ige, so I don't see him finishing Max, and I definitely don't see him winning a 5 round standup battle with Max, so he needs to be able to consistently take him down which is a tough sell

How could he beat Max? He couldn't finish Ige, so I don't see him finishing Max, and I definitely don't see him winning a 5 round standup battle with Max, so he needs to be able to consistently take him down which is a tough sell
He has good calf kicks good counter punches and great grappling, out grappled aldo in their fight as well as Dustin. He could potentially counter max and take him down. With Ige he was worried about a potential takedown, Max won't shoot

I see fighters constantly say they are better strikers and Max has no KO power yet whenever they get in there with him they can destroyed.

Has anyone bad mouthed Max and then beat him? From what I remember both Volk and Poirer didn't bad mouth him

The point of this thread is KZ just came out and said Max has no KO power thats why he wants to fight him.

Granted Max throws volume but the man can put a beating on just about anyone so why provoke the bear?

Does it matter though? Zombie's dream fight has always been Holloway or Volkanovski. If bad mouthing him can help land that opportunity, why not?

He has good calf kicks good counter punches and great grappling, out grappled aldo in their fight as well as Dustin. He could potentially counter max and take him down. With Ige he was worried about a potential takedown, Max won't shoot
When you say grappling do you mean BJJ? I agree with you his BJJ is better, but I don't think has the wrestling game to take Max down. As far as the striking goes Max is levels above.

I saw KZ post on his IG stories yesterday the quote of him "bad mouthing" Max, and he pretty much said the translation was wrong. It seems like Kz's translators get him into a lot of trouble lol.

Also, Max fans are very sensitive and take everything as an insult. If KZ did say max lacks power, that's not really an insult. Max will tell you himself that he lacks power.

Kattar said he was the veteran, thus the senior in their fight (which is true, he's been fighting longer than Max) and that he planned on treating Max like a freshmen. How dare he plan to beat Max and show that he was the veteran fighter lol. Max fans acted like Kattar insulted his family or something.

Last edited:
When you say grappling do you mean BJJ? I agree with you his BJJ is better, but I don't think has the wrestling game to take Max down. As far as the striking goes Max is levels above.
That doesn't mean he won't get touched. And KZ xan mix up the counter strikes with take downs or clinch to trip. Many "superior" strikers have been hurt by much lesser strikers. Conor/nate for example.

KZ's leg kicks and grappling would be essential against Max. KZ really is a top knotch grappler, and yes his wrestling is very solid and he's also a black belt in Judo, so it's nice to see that he actually used it offensively last night. Max would still be a big favorite, but KZ is always a live dog, and a smart KZ like we saw last night is even more alive. He also has fight ending power and Max does get hit.

I favor Max of course, but I'm just making the arguement for KZ.

Last edited:
That's cause some fighters are as knuckle headed as the fans. Good luck landing that "power". Max is the fucking man.

People talk shit about Max despite the fact that he will literally beat any current FW not named Volkanovski half to death.

I like both fighters. It would be an big upset if KZ won against Max. I don't see it happening but I talked shit before Tyson vs Douglas and learned my lesson on saying it never could happen......
<30>
I think KZ is just laying groundwork for a possible match up. Nothing disrespectful.
he didn't say:
<Steiner01>

You got his point, but kinda didn't because you wanted as much likes as possible and be the 1st to reply.

Nah. If that was my intention, I would've typed less to post it quicker. Sorry. Try again.

Back