1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Bad Mouthing Max Holloway

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Hart Break Kick 97, Jun 20, 2021.

1. Hart Break Kick 97 Red Belt Platinum Member

I see fighters constantly say they are better strikers and Max has no KO power yet whenever they get in there with him they can destroyed.

Has anyone bad mouthed Max and then beat him? From what I remember both Volk and Poirer didn't bad mouth him

The point of this thread is KZ just came out and said Max has no KO power thats why he wants to fight him.

Granted Max throws volume but the man can put a beating on just about anyone so why provoke the bear?

I like both Max & KZ but I think Max beats him and batters him TKO stoppage

2. Substance Abuse Plutonium Belt Platinum Member

You either like Max or you don't. I can see some people being bothered by Max's antics during fights, but overall, win or lose, you've got to enjoy the way Max fights and his fights. Outside of the cage, he's incredibly respectful. If you don't like him, it is what it is.

I'm also in for a KZ/Max fight if Yair doesn't wait for Max and accepts the Giga bout.

3. Hart Break Kick 97 Red Belt Platinum Member

Not really his antics I'm referring to but the fact other fighters try to discredit his striking or punching power then they get in there with him and then get the crap beat out of them. Has anyone bad mouthed him then beat him? I don't think anyone has

PharoahHeight and taugrim like this.
  4. MeatWagon06 Biting on feints

962C3AFC-0D61-411F-BEFE-D4593F8C913E.jpeg

Jarilo, Sean Ryan, IISV345 and 18 others like this.
  5. Substance Abuse Plutonium Belt Platinum Member

I got your point. I just went off on my own tangent. My bad. It is what it is, lol.

6. MeatWagon06 Biting on feints

I like KZ, but I believe Max would beat the brakes off him .. ala Kattar, Ortega.

7. YungSithLxrd Purple Belt

Strangely I think Kz could pull an upset against Max , but I also think Kattar could beat Kz, I wanna see either of them fight Barboza at some point we all know he's really 3-0 at FW

8. Orochimaru 大蛇丸 Red Belt Platinum Member

Zombie is crazy for calling Max out, if I were him I'd try to avoid Max, he'd have a better chance against Volk imo

PharoahHeight likes this.
  9. Orochimaru 大蛇丸 Red Belt Platinum Member

How could he beat Max? He couldn't finish Ige, so I don't see him finishing Max, and I definitely don't see him winning a 5 round standup battle with Max, so he needs to be able to consistently take him down which is a tough sell

10. YungSithLxrd Purple Belt

He has good calf kicks good counter punches and great grappling, out grappled aldo in their fight as well as Dustin. He could potentially counter max and take him down. With Ige he was worried about a potential takedown, Max won't shoot

BluntForceTrama and fortheo like this.
  11. 3rdAccount Banned Banned

Does it matter though? Zombie's dream fight has always been Holloway or Volkanovski. If bad mouthing him can help land that opportunity, why not?

12. Orochimaru 大蛇丸 Red Belt Platinum Member

When you say grappling do you mean BJJ? I agree with you his BJJ is better, but I don't think has the wrestling game to take Max down. As far as the striking goes Max is levels above.

13. fortheo Titanium Belt

I saw KZ post on his IG stories yesterday the quote of him "bad mouthing" Max, and he pretty much said the translation was wrong. It seems like Kz's translators get him into a lot of trouble lol.

Also, Max fans are very sensitive and take everything as an insult. If KZ did say max lacks power, that's not really an insult. Max will tell you himself that he lacks power.

Kattar said he was the veteran, thus the senior in their fight (which is true, he's been fighting longer than Max) and that he planned on treating Max like a freshmen. How dare he plan to beat Max and show that he was the veteran fighter lol. Max fans acted like Kattar insulted his family or something.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2021
    felmmando and Substance Abuse like this.
  14. YungSithLxrd Purple Belt

That doesn't mean he won't get touched. And KZ xan mix up the counter strikes with take downs or clinch to trip. Many "superior" strikers have been hurt by much lesser strikers. Conor/nate for example.

15. fortheo Titanium Belt

KZ's leg kicks and grappling would be essential against Max. KZ really is a top knotch grappler, and yes his wrestling is very solid and he's also a black belt in Judo, so it's nice to see that he actually used it offensively last night. Max would still be a big favorite, but KZ is always a live dog, and a smart KZ like we saw last night is even more alive. He also has fight ending power and Max does get hit.

I favor Max of course, but I'm just making the arguement for KZ.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2021
  16. drbolony -El Styles-

That's cause some fighters are as knuckle headed as the fans. Good luck landing that "power". Max is the fucking man.

Epicman1324 likes this.
  17. Epicman1324 PED Test = DQ from GOAT discussions

People talk shit about Max despite the fact that he will literally beat any current FW not named Volkanovski half to death.

18. Sensee Purple Belt

I like both fighters. It would be an big upset if KZ won against Max. I don't see it happening but I talked shit before Tyson vs Douglas and learned my lesson on saying it never could happen......
    <30>
    I think KZ is just laying groundwork for a possible match up. Nothing disrespectful.
    he didn't say:
    <Steiner01>

19. koquerelle Yellow Card Yellow Card

You got his point, but kinda didn't because you wanted as much likes as possible and be the 1st to reply.

20. Substance Abuse Plutonium Belt Platinum Member

Nah. If that was my intention, I would've typed less to post it quicker. Sorry. Try again.