News "Bad MoFo" Jo Jo Calderwood 2.0 vs "Violence Queen" Ariane Lipski Moved To UFC Brooklyn, 1/19/19

Who wins?

• Calderwood

Votes: 85 49.7%
  • Lipski

Votes: 86 50.3%

• Total voters
I was referring more to their pre-fight interviews.

Jarl

Look forward to a bunch of fights on this card especially Cejudo v Dillashaw & Hernandez v Cerrone. I think this one has a chance at being among the best of the night because they both may be willing to stand and trade.

I started watching Lipski in KSW and was impressed by her tenacity & power. Have seen all of Calderwood's fights in the UFC and feel Lipski's the better athlete. Obviously it's a step up in competition for Lipski. She looks relaxed & confident.

Joanne Calderwood's new look for Ariane Lipski at UFC Fight Night Brooklyn | ESPN MMA

ESPN MMA

Published on Jan 18, 2019

Ceremonial weigh-in
timestamped for Calderwood vs. Lipski

Last edited:
Ariane_Lipski-hs.png
Looks a bit like Gal Gadot
hhghhffbb-700x.png

Ariane Lipski vs Joanne Calderwood Keys To Victory: Beauty, Speed, and Body Shots
WMMAddict
Published on Jan 19, 2019

Ariane Lipski vs Joanne Calderwood Keys To Victory: Beauty, Speed, and Body Shots
WMMAddict
Published on Jan 19, 2019

Wow. That was terrible..

He calls Calderwood sloppy, and his only explanation for why she is ‘punking’ her opponents, is ‘confidence’.

Lipski is quick, but she has bad footwork and can only be effective when she can plant in front of a frozen opponent and throw the kitchen sink at her.

Calderwood won’t stand there at punching range. She will move, constantly check Lipski with kicks, and break up her attacks by denying her the range she needs. As usual, her striking is being massively underrated. Why? Because she got caught with a couple of punches in early blitzes by Moroz and Casey?

I'd let lipski
Jo Jo Calderwood has a 12-3 total pro record. She is 2-0 as a UFC flyweight, both wins were finishes: 1 TKO and 1 submission (triangle choke).

Ariane Lipski has a 11-3 total pro record. This is her UFC debut.

Jojo gota have a thug name so sound tough

Wow. That was terrible..

He calls Calderwood sloppy, and his only explanation for why she is ‘punking’ her opponents, is ‘confidence’.

Lipski is quick, but she has bad footwork and can only be effective when she can plant in front of a frozen opponent and throw the kitchen sink at her.

Calderwood won’t stand there at punching range. She will move, constantly check Lipski with kicks, and break up her attacks by denying her the range she needs. As usual, her striking is being massively underrated. Why? Because she got caught with a couple of punches in early blitzes by Moroz and Casey?

Who is that guy? I listened to another one of his "instructional videos" and he says something along the lines of "If you can throw an uppercut in the middle of a combination you are an expert (or advanced, not sure what term he used) boxer." Yeah, or a 12 year old with a decent boxing coach.

That being said, I think Lipski is a better athlete, but her technique is not as sharp as it could be. JoJo has great step knees, and her overall game appears to have improved since she moved. Lipski's level of competition is crap, so it is hard to properly evaluate her. If JoJo has her head on straight she can win, but she has been a coin-toss fighter since she got to the UFC.

Back