News "Bad MoFo" Jo Jo Calderwood 2.0 vs "Violence Queen" Ariane Lipski Moved To UFC Brooklyn, 1/19/19

Who wins?

• Calderwood

Votes: 85 49.7%
  • Lipski

Votes: 86 50.3%

• Total voters
Super tough call. I think it has the potential to be FOTN - a real barnburner. I wonder what bout will be scheduled after this one on the fight card because it might appear really boring in comparison.

There are a few variables to consider. Calderwood starts slow and has gotten overwhelmed by super aggressive fighters in the past. But, Calderwood's resume is waaaaaaaaayyyyy better and her striking is a bit more accurate. Lipski has two speeds: maim and kill (she isn't really a hang-back and see what happens kind of fighter). But, we don't know how good she is; she slaughters cans, but how will she react when someone can go blow-for-blow with her?

I think more than "gas tank" issues, it might come down to which fighter can keep applying pressure despite having been hurt pretty bad. I think they will both take a lot of damage...but i'm not sure which fighter is more likely to call it quits. I'm suspending judgement (not making a prediction) for now...

Jarl

giphy.gif

Granted i only saw one fight,but lipski just looked like a sloppy brawler in that one,wasnt impressed.

Ok from those ksw clips theres more to it than that. Good good.

Jo Jo Calderwood has a 12-3 total pro record. She is 2-0 as a UFC flyweight, both wins were finishes: 1 TKO and 1 submission (triangle choke).

Ariane Lipski has a 11-3 total pro record. This is her UFC debut.

2.0 is a stretch. She's 1-2 in her last 3 fights. When she comes up against the upper echelon she's found out. Her style of Muay Thai isn't one that integrates well with MMA. It's a slower pace, longer distance point game of teeps and kicks mixed with some occasional knees and elbows. When she loses its not necessarily because she's bullied on the ground it's because, like Barbosa to a degree. Traditional Thai fighters (the Thais have good hands) but the farang don't the reason is because punches are the lowest scoring item. So in MMA when it doesn't matter they get crowded in the pocket which they are not used to and get hit hard.

2.0 is a stretch. She's 1-2 in her last 3 fights.
But, on the other hand, she's undefeated, 2-0, at flyweight.
Arguably, being forced to cut to strawweight had become extremely bad for her.
She is also now happily in love... which matters because she has long asserted that a happy fighter is a dangerous fighter.

I voted Lipski.

But it’s toss up.

She is also now happily in love... which matters because she has long asserted that a happy fighter is a dangerous fighter.
Jo Jo is banging her coach John Wood lol. I'm pretty sure this guy was banging Jessica Rose Clark too, JRC left Syndicate shortly after Jo Jo arrived too.

Jo Jo is banging her coach John Wood lol. I'm pretty sure this guy was banging Jessica Rose Clark too, JRC left Syndicate shortly after Jo Jo arrived too.
JRC also fled flyweight for bantamweight... which will just happen to keep her safer from Jo Jo. ;)

John wood is a savage

Nothing to do with being happy. Technically she shuts her eyes and leans back when someone gets in the pocket.

Back