Bad decisions you were happy about

Round 1 is a clear-cut 10-7 with today's scoring. Maynard brutalized him for most of the round and had him almost finished multiple times.
I see, in that case I guess he would have won 47-46, it was a great comeback by Edgar though.

Volk vs Max 2 I’m happy to take whatever I can get <Moves><Moves><Moves>

All bad decisions make me unhappy, regardless of my preferences.

Whittaker v Romero 2

i'm happy when the guy who misses weight loses. it was a close fight, you can argue bad decision. Romero winning that fight would have meant Whittaker still keeping the belt but becoming paper champ

Tough one.
If anything gsp vs Hendricks and Lawler vs Hendricks 2.
Both fights were close and Jonny took the 5th round off in both.
He was Assuming he already had them won

Mmmhmmm...yes! Under Seige 2. A very underrated action movie.

Why would anyone be happy about a bad decision? Is this some kind of oxymoron? Or is TS just a moron?

Bendo v. Edgar 2 - I thought Edgar won the second fight. But I was tired of seeing these two fight and he didn't deserve the rematch in the first place so I was fine with it.

Agreed 100%.

I love Edgar, but hate how his reign held up the division.

He beat BJ Penn, and instant rematch.
Draw with Maynard, and instant rematch.
Loss to Bendo, and instant rematch.

Unless a champ gets injured, more than one fighter should get a shot at the LW title per year.

Edgar vs BJ Penn 1
That wasn't by any means a bad decision.
Hendricks vs Lawler 2
Agreed. This is my #2.

Hendricks wins the belt, gets injured right on cue.

As far as the rematch goes I was shocked when they announced Lawler as the champ, but also was very happy to see it.

That wasn't by any means a bad decision.

Maybe I need to re-watch that one. Watching it in the moment, I had it 3-2 Penn. But I also really didn't like Penn at the time, so I was happy with that decision. Remember the lead up to the second fight was all "Motivated BJ Penn is going to destroy Edgar". Appears Edgar was more motivated by the people that thought Penn should have won the first fight.

<mma4>

Beat me to it...Bendo-Edgar 2 since Edgar shouldn't have gotten the rematch anyway.
Hendricks Lawler 2 I was OK with...
Silva Brunson I've just flat out convinced myself Silva won clearly so...there we are

The Bendo vs Edgar 2 decision was sweet karma for a few fights.

My non-expert opinion added GSP losing to Hendricks. Of course now I've read a lot about that decision and so I see both sides. But I was very happy gsp1 when I thought he lost it. Figured it was close and he just got it.

Alistair Overeem vs Fabricio Werdum 3

I made a bet with a friend that loser had to put their ringtone as YMCA and at least let it play for 5 seconds a call.

This was a correct call but I am so happy the judges sided with Gray Maynard over Clay Guida. I mean holy santa claus shit that fight grinded all of our gears

Back