Bad Boys III

clashnat

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Just bumped into this: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1502397/combined

I don't know if the movie will eventually be done, but if it they do it please take this into consideration: While Bad Boys is a classic and IMO the best movie Will Smith has been in, the sequel Bad Boys II was terrible, beyond chidlish and one of the worst movies Will Smith has been in.

The jokes were childish, Martin Lawrence basically played a retarded officer and Will Smith over-did his usual "I'm too cool fo' yo' ass" acting.

Bad Boys was a classic?

Will Smith probably needs a franchise to get him back on track, so that leaves this or a new Men in Black.

It's Hollywood's way.

Bad Boys was a classic?

Hells yeah.
bad-boys-uncut.jpg

Bad Boys was a classic?

Will Smith probably needs a franchise to get him back on track, so that leaves this or a new Men in Black.

It's Hollywood's way.

Well it's not The Godfather or Scarface, but what do you expect from an action-
comedy?

And yes, Will Smith is a terrible actor who wouldn't have went anywhere if he was an actor in the 60s / 70s.

Hells yeah.
bad-boys-uncut.jpg

This is unfair. Sean Penn is a much better actor than Will Smith and Martin Lawrence combined. Even as a teenager - how old was he when he starred in that movie?

comedy?

And yes, Will Smith is a terrible actor who wouldn't have went anywhere if he was an actor in the 60s / 70s.

Even in the action-comedy genre, I don't think I'd call it a classic.

I remember Will Smith saying Bad Boys II had a great 90-minute movie in it. 150 minutes was just way too long.

This is unfair. Sean Penn is a much better actor than Will Smith and Martin Lawrence combined. Even as a teenager - how old was he when he starred in that movie?

He was around 22 when the movie shot the movie. Great film.

But the first Bad Boys was ok, better than Life. Not really sure a 3rd one will be any good at all. Belvery Hills Cop 3 was trash with the disney world shit.

Last edited:
What would you consider a class in that genre? Bevery Hills Cop?

Off the top of my head:

Indiana Jones
Ghostbusters
Big Trouble in Little China
Blues Brothers
Hot Fuzz
True Lies
Kung Fu Hustle
The Princess Bride
Lethal Weapon
Kick Ass
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Midnight Run

comedy?

Lethal Weapon is a fantastic film. Buddy cop. Plenty of other great cult action comedies.

BB is mediocre.

Scarface is a bloodsoaked film about a coke head dealer who wants to fuck his sister... Would you expect a classic film from that?

Off the top of my head:

Indiana Jones
Ghostbusters
Big Trouble in Little China
Blues Brothers
Hot Fuzz
True Lies
Kung Fu Hustle
The Princess Bride
Lethal Weapon
Kick Ass
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Midnight Run

IMO Indiana Jones and especially Ghostbusters are terrible and overrated.

Midnight Run and Lethal Weapon are good examples of good action-comedy's.

Scarface is a bloodsoaked film about a coke head dealer who wants to fuck his sister... Would you expect a classic film from that?

The story is shallow, it's supposed to be a popculture movie. It's well written, well shot and as far as acting goes this was the last movie that Al Pacino did when he was still in his prime. It's incredible to what heights he carried characters in his prime and Tony Montana is a fine example of that. 10 years later he couldn't have pulled it off like that (10 years earlier probably not either). It took a special actor with a special amount of experience at a certain point in his life to play that character.

Meh, Scarface is shit. Never been a De Palma fan though, aside from Phantom of the Paradise.

IF Will Smith wants a Franchise, he should go with Independence Day or Enemy of the State. Is he even going to star in the second installment of Independence Day? And he should tell his son to go to college and study STEM instead of acting.

Bad Boys was classic?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Back