BAD BOYS FOR LIFE (Part 4 in the Works)

If you have seen BAD BOYS FOR LIFE, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Update: October 25, 2017

BAD BOYS Spinoff TV Series Starring Gabrielle Union in the Works

OGuWtU5.png

The Bad Boys hit movie franchise is getting a spinoff TV series centered on the character played in the second film by Gabrielle Union.

Deadline hears the untitled project, which is currently being pitched to TV networks, already has garnered strong interest from multiple places and is expected to land a major commitment. It hails from the Bad Boys movies’ producer Jerry Bruckheimer, Doug Belgrad via his 2.0 Entertainment and Primary Wave Entertainment. Sony Pictures TV Studios, whose movie sibling is behind the feature franchise, is the studio.

The untitled Bad Boys spinoff is being written by The Blacklist writers-producers Brandon Margolis and Brandon Sonnier. Union’s Special Agent Sydney “Syd” Burnett, introduced in the sequel Bad Boys II, is the sister of Detective Lieutenant Marcus Burnett (Martin Lawrence) who was romantically involved with Marcus’ partner, Detective Lieutenant Mike Lowrey (Will Smith). She is an undercover operative with the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA).

Union just became available as BET announced that her popular series Being Mary Jane will end with next year a two-hour series finale movie.

Deadline hears the idea for a Bad Boys offshoot centered around Union’s character came from Primary Wave Entertainment, which manages the actress, in the company’s first broadcast development season since it brought in former NBC Universal TV Entertainment chairman Jeff Gaspin as President. He executive produces the project alongside Union’s manager Jeff Morrone.

Because it is based on existing Bruckheimer IP, the project does not fall under Jerry Bruckheimer TV’s overall deal at CBS TV Studios. Via that pact, Bruckheimer TV has set up three drama projects at CBS: Main Justice, a legal drama inspired by former U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder; Unthinkable, an FBI crime drama penned by MacGyver executive producer David Slack; and Whistleblower from NCIS: New Orleans executive producer/co-showrunner Chris Silber.

‘Bad Boys’ Spinoff TV Series Starring Gabrielle Union In the Works from Producer Jerry Bruckheimer

Oh good more spin off crap hope it's better than that the mist tv series garbage.

Update: January 31, 2018

BLACK's Adil El Arbi and Bilall Fallah in Talks to Direct BAD BOYS FOR LIFE

fEYWjxq.jpg

Looks like Bad Boys are back in town and the Boys from Belgium will bring them to the screen. Sony Pictures is negotiating with the film making team of Adil El Arbi & Bilall Fallah to direct Bad Boys For Life, the action comedy that will bring Will Smith and Martin Lawrence back together, with an August production start being sighted. Jerry Bruckheimer is back as producer.

The most recent draft of the script is by Chris Bremner. This has long been a priority project at Sony, to re-team the stars of the 1995 original, which helped turned Smith into a global superstar and put Lawrence on the A-list as his partner.

El Arbi & Fallah are the Moroccan-born duo who were raised in Belgium and who burst onto the scene with Black, a Romeo & Juliet-type drama set in the world of organized crime in Belgium. It was a sensation in Toronto. The duo most recently directed the pilot and establishing episodes of the FX crack plague series Snowfall, and they are attached to several big movies including Beverly Hills Cop 4.

In addition to the film, NBC is casting for their upcoming untitled Bad Boys spinoff TV series. The show stars Gabrielle Union as Syd Burnett, reprising her role from Bad Boys II. Ernie Hudson was recently cast in the show, and he’ll play Joseph Burnett, Syd’s father.

‘Bad Boys For Life’ Eyes August Start With ‘Black’ Helmers Adil El Arbi & Bilall Fallah

So, there's a spinoff with Gabrielle Union, and they're making Bad Boys 3? Huh.

But here's a Hollywoo success story in two parts:

August 19, 2016
Joe Carnahan Says BAD BOYS FOR LIFE Will Be the Best of the Trilogy

March 7, 2017
Joe Carnahan Exits BAD BOYS FOR LIFE Due to Creative Differences

Imagine...The cold open has Joe Carnahan in an interview saying "Oh man, believe me when I tell you, Bad Boys For Life will be the best of the trilogy."

Then the title card shows.

carnahan.png

This has SHIT written all over it.

I hope they get Bey to be the director again

These movies did not age well at all. Bad Boys 2 is so freaking cheesy the last time i watched it..

Odds on them become a trio with Jadon?

One or both of them must need money. This is even worse than the Rush Hour trilogies.

These movies did not age well at all. Bad Boys 2 is so freaking cheesy the last time i watched it..
I was thinking the exact same thing watching it the other day. I think the first one is still pretty good though.

I was thinking the exact same thing watching it the other day. I think the first one is still pretty good though.
Ya especially because that actress they are protecting had amazing legs. Less cheesy forced comedy and explosions in the first one .
The only good parts of the second one are the Haitian shootout scenes and the freeway scene. That could be the same scene don’t remember

The first bad boys was good, the second one was so long and boring.

rather see Rush hour 4 or that movie with Jackie Chan and Owen wilson shanghai knights those were fun.

I hope they get Bey to be the director again

This was kinda funny and cringey at the same time, will Smith and Martin Lawrence acting like they dropping a bomb on us, most of the young crowd has no clue wtf a bad boys 2 was. These dudes over here yelling its official lol funny stuff, Will needs to get back into comedy he is a naturally goofy guy he is always playing serious roles trying to win an Oscar.

Update: November 1, 2018

Will Smith and Martin Lawrence Confirm Return for BAD BOYS FOR LIFE

Back