Bad Boy Training Series Headgear Review

Taskmaster99

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
TM99 back and wouldn't you be surprised at the brand of the item I am reviewing now. Is it Venum? Nope. Is it Hayabusa? Nope. Is it Reevo? Nope already did that. Then what could it be I wonder?????

ITS BAD BOY!!!!! Ta Daaaaaaaa!!!!!

Now I know just how much you all love the Bad Boy products I keep pimping on here....and its been awhile so maybe you thought I had forgotten about all of you. But alas.......I didn't. So here we go.

This is the Bad Boy Training Series headgear. In the new Training series line just like the gloves I reviewed awhile ago that are still in use and still holding up very well. Shame on all you naysayers. This headgear was purchased from our friend over at Forza Sports. The price tag was 44.99 and the shipping was 100% FREE!!!!! You can't beat that with an aluminum baseball bat!! Forza shipped to me super quick. So quickly that they beat the USPS tracking info. How the hell does that happen?

Anyway...they come in 2 sizes. S/M and L/XL. I had to order the L/XL for my giant ass head. Lets take a peek(first a peek then a poke)

Construction
----------------
This is all synthetic. Its the same glossy pimp ass synthetic found on the gloves. The inner liner is a soft smooth material(don't know how else to describe it). It has a lace on the top and velcro strappy pad in the back. The stitching on this is solid as lis the printed logos on the top of the forehead and back. This is a full face guard with chin protection. Very pliable right away and no need to break in.

Fit
----
Tight as hell!!!! Oh wait....I needed to adjust it. Thats better. Snug!!!! Hugs the face and head very comfortably. The chin guard rests nicely on my chin. The ear holes line up perfectly. Much more comfortable right away then my KO Fightgear headgear I had(I'm gonna get flamed hard for that comment).

Padding
----------
Denser padding in the frontal area covering the forehead and cheeks. Softer padding on the sides,chin and back of the head.

Performance
----------------
OK....its a sub 50 dollar headgear.....but it works!!!! The fit is nice and snug therefore I have experienced absolutely no shifting when sparring. The inner material absorbs the sweat very well. It also dries out very quickly too. The first time I wore this was against a guy wearing 16 Combat Sports Thai Training gloves. We went about 50% to start slowly making our way up there. This headgear absorbed the impact very well. The next sparring session was against a guy with some 16oz. Amber boxing gloves. Same result. I like this headgear so far. My only slight complaint is that the cheeks don't come far enough in so nose shots sting a bit. But I am also a guy who is not a fan of open face gear. The eye area looks thin but does allow for pretty good vision although I did notice some blind spots. Either that or I just had my head up my ass and wasn't paying attention. It happens from time to time.

Conclusion
-------------
This is my first headgear review so I probably left out a bunch of important crap that you all would want to know. But lets face it.....none of you are gonna buy this anyway...lol. All in all I find it to be a good purchase for the price. Does it protect like Winning? I don't know cuz I don't own Winning but am gonna go with a big fat NO!! Does it protect at all? A big YES!!! Is it good for a far more experienced person? No. Would it be a good purchase for a beginner to intermediate? I think so. I will continue to use this and post updates as I get my head kicked in.

Even if you don't check out this headgear....at least check out Forza Sports. Free shipping across the United States and from what I hear....great overseas shipping rates.

Thanks again you all for putting up with another Bad Boy review. Comments are always welcomed and appreciated. Below are some super sexy pics of this headgear along with a rare never before seen pic of me in all my glory!!

(That is my real face)

Thanks again fellow sherdoggers. Remember when life gives you lemons....suck em down with shots of Tequila. Im out!!

Wow man you're on the roll on making reviews! good work! :) Base from the photos, it looks protective. But durability is questionable.

Wow man you're on the roll on making reviews! good work! :) Base from the photos, it looks protective. But durability is questionable.

Thanks for reading it. Yeah....I have quite a bit of Bad Boy gear and it has held up very well.....but crap can definitely happen. I will post updates. Hopefully they aren't bad updates....lol :)

Cheers for the review. Looks decent for people on a very tight budget

What's your usual headguard?

Also you look very handsome

Cheers for the review. Looks decent for people on a very tight budget

What's your usual headguard?

Also you look very handsome

Why thank you...I am flattered....lol

My regular headgear was the KO Fightgear headgear. Then I was using the Triumph United Death Star from Clamp. I got this on a whim. I liked the look and said why the hell not...lol.

Good review. I have a sneaking suspicion that really isn't your face.

Too good looking.. probably that of a movie star or something

Back