Backpacking/adventure tourism in Somalia

I knew an operator that once got deployed to Djibouti. He said he would have killed himself if they sent him back...... He wasn't joking.

if it is anything like this i am in
the-most-dangerous-game-movie-poster-1932-1020415052.jpg

Somaliland and Puntland are a fucktonne more stable, your chances of survival would be quite a bit higher if you stick there .

Damn Middle-class whitey has too much time on his hands.

Somalia makes Detroit look like Disneyland

This. I met a war correspondent once and he told me the worst top 3 countries in order were: Somalia, Iraq, Chechnya. (10 years ago)

This. I met a war correspondent once and he told me the worst top 3 countries in order were: Somalia, Iraq, Chechnya. (10 years ago)

Hey, I know a guy from Chechnya, friendly guy although huge (6'6"), him, his wife and child moved to Canada last month.

The thing I find appealing about Somalia is the lack of other tourists, and the unbeatable prices.

Me and my family were planning a trip to Italy for a week, but instead I convinced everyone to cancel that, and instead take a month long trip to Somalia for the same price.

As for safety, I figure that since so many people are carrying guns around in the street, they must be the security forces. It's gotta be pretty safe.

Unfortunately, there are no banks or atm machines there. So I'll have to carry $20,000 in cash in my backpack and bring it around with me everywhere I go.

I'll let you guys know how the trip turns out!

No worries. You should be fine.

Back