1. We now have a new forum called Fantasy Matchup Discussion. Access it here

Backpack I can fit a gi in and run with?

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment Discussion' started by Mala, Jul 19, 2010.

1. Mala

Mala Yellow Belt

I basically need a gear bag that I can run with. Would I be better off just buying any old big backpack?

2. Polvo

Polvo White Belt

If you are willing to pay some money datsusara makes the battle pack which is awesome.

3. axlpelsh**

axlpelsh** Banned Banned

Check out a military surplus site. I got a sweet Backpack/rucksack at a post exchange when I was in the Army. It has a strap on it that buckles around your waste.

The waste strap is kind of nice when running so the back pack doesn't flail all over the place. It is also padded really well so it fits pretty cozy.

4. RGVBadBoy

RGVBadBoy Blue Belt

What size gi are you using??? I have a CamelBack tactical pack, it carries a large water bladder, but I can take it out and fit my A2 in it, not that I do it, but I could if I wanted to...

5. Bathwater

Bathwater Let me clean you with my love

My old Jansport that I've had since middle school is big enough to carry a gi, just as long as it's folded properly.

6. chino3

chino3 Purple Belt

when I ride my bike to the gym, I use my old Dakine backpack. It has waist and chest straps, so it stays snug when Im moving, and has a camelback hookup. also has a "port" for my headphones to come out while listening to my ipod.

7. risingD

risingD Guest

I prefer the datsusara mma battlepack 02 I dont own one personally yet but I will order one as soon as their delivery arrives

8. MisterJay

MisterJay Banned Banned

9. ASEGSEA

ASEGSEA Guest

That's my push-sled!

10. Mala

Mala Yellow Belt

I'm looking at a Dakine Snow backpack, they look like they are just the right size. The Battle Pack is too big, I already have a big duffel from Fighting Sports, and if I wanted to carry around ALL my gear, I would just use that. I need enough space to carry 1 gi, my mouthguards, and a waterbottle. The Battle Pack would be too cumbersome for me to effectively run (3 miles).

Will a A2 Gi fit in a JanSport Break pack? (25.6L)