Back When the UFC Use to Be Ultimate Frankie Championship

TUF1

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
1st title shot came off a win over a guy who was 1-0 in the UFC (Matt Veach) While Gray Mayard was simultaneously 8-0-1 in the UFC.
2nd title shot came off a loss.
3rd title shot came off back to back losses.
11 of his last 12 fights have been main events. The 12th was a co-main on one of the biggest events of the year.
Endless hyperbole from Dana on Frankie, TUF coaching exposure, UFC on Fox commercials

frankie-zoo-022412.jpg

I feel really bad for the guy.

Big Frankie fan and alot of the above is true. I will say though that Frankie got his 1st title shot because Maynard turned it down if I remember correctly.

Yea Edgar acting like he's been mistreated is idiocy

1st title shot he also had a win over former champ Sean Sherk and he only got the title shot because Maynard didn't look as impressive against Diaz, even so he went on to beat BJ and then won the rematch even more decisively so....

2nd title shot a lot of people thought he got robbed in the first fight with Benson and he also had to give Gray and BJ rematches, he clearly got robbed in the second Benson fight.

The 3rd title fight was not even his, Erik Koch was supposed to fight Aldo but he got hurt and Edgar replaced him.

And since then he's beat Charles Olivera, BJ Penn, Cub Swanson, Urijah Faber, and Chad Mendes and three of those fighters just happen to be ranked in the top ten for the UFC so even if Frankie did get undeserved title shots in the past he's very clearly earned this one...

Has had 2 shots at 2 different titles and was told he could have a shot at a 3rd belt (Bantamweight) if he wanted it and was given a TUF coaching gig despite having the personality of a dead moth... and he's complaining about a guy whose had 2 title shots at 2 different weight classes and was given a TUF coaching job. Pray for him guys :(

On top of that, he's complaining about Conor holding up the division, Frankie has only fought twice a year EVERY YEAR for the last 8 years. That's a fact.

Well done, all true.
But of course it doesn't fit the narrative of the whiners here.

100% Facts. Even though I love Frankie he needs to be Jersey Strong and STFU about this now.

I like Frankie but let's face it, he's a bit a whiner.

1.gif

The 3rd title fight was not even his, Erik Koch was supposed to fight Aldo but he got hurt and Edgar replaced him.

"Edgar was briefly linked to a December 2012 bout with Ricardo Lamas, but it was scrapped after Edgar replaced the injured Erik Koch to face champion José Aldo on October 13, 2012 at UFC 153 On September 11, Aldo pulled out of the match with a foot injury.

The bout with Aldo was rescheduled for UFC 156, where Edgar lost to Aldo via unanimous decision (46-49, 46-49, 47-48). Both men earned Fight of the Night honors for their performances"

From Edgar's wiki.

He would have got the McGregor fight too if it weren't for that meddling groin tear!

Yea Edgar acting like he's been mistreated is hilarious. Zuffa has treated him great

- Conor was 6:0 with 5 KO's before he fought for the title.
- Conor KOd a 10 years undefeated champion and P4P #1.
- Conor didn't pull out any of his fights in the UFC even when was given a tough matchup (Mendes).
- Conor brought with him a lot of fans and spectators that bring money to the UFC.
- Conor is constantly building his figure by showing up a lot in the media while showing great charisma.

He deserves every bit of ass kissing he gets from the UFC, he doesn't get special treatment because he's Lorenzo's pal from school or something like that, he brings them money.
Frankie already fought for the title and lost to Aldo, he has absolutely no right to whine about unfair treatment.
I like and understand Frankie, but I just can't agree with him and totally understand UFC's side.

Back