Back when I was in high school, you had to do trigonometry by hand.

frye666

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
There were no scientific calculators. So if you had to find the cosine of something, you worked that shit out on about 4 sheets of paper. There was no button to push.

This is our time old man. We type trig into a calculator and shit with the door open. Adapt or die.

Dude. We had slide rules unless you're like 100 years old.

Congrats on surviving World War 1 bro, hope you make it through WW3

Hah- I had a scientific calculator with like 1000 functions I didn’t even know existed..

I used log tables at uni for a laugh once. Graphics calculators got introduced when I was in year 11 or so, bricks were shat I tell ya, revolutionary.

WOW TOUGH TIMES.

Try growing up learning 4 languages from birth, moving from the motherland to the US, having immense pressure to succeed in every avenue of schooling from kindergarten to high school, going on to business school in another foreign land only to graduate, learn a further two languages in the Far East and split your time between Shanghai/Tokyo and LA, spending months at a time away from a beautiful wife and an amazing 10 year old daughter.

Oh wait, I did all that and still complain less than you TS and your four sheets of paper.

Scientific calculators were great before teachers discovered how much you could cheat with one.

WOW TOUGH TIMES.

Try growing up learning 4 languages from birth, moving from the motherland to the US, having immense pressure to succeed in every avenue of schooling from kindergarten to high school, going on to business school in another foreign land only to graduate, learn a further two languages in the Far East and split your time between Shanghai/Tokyo and LA, spending months at a time away from a beautiful wife and an amazing 10 year old daughter.

Oh wait, I did all that and still complain less than you TS and your four sheets of paper.

<escalate99>

What about Triggonomics?

Frank+Trigg+Official+Silver+Star+Casting+Co+hpE_JSolTaQl.jpg

WOW TOUGH TIMES.

Chill linguist.
Where were you born then?

I’m chill just felt like getting some likes.

Born in Germany, and you fair maiden?
Weird hearing it called motherland when I've been balls deep in Band of Brothers hearing everyone call it fatherland.

I'm English, German name but no German family.
There's a fair few with my name in Chile and Argentina though
<6>

This is our time old man. We type trig into a calculator and shit with the door open. Adapt or die.
THE BIG YELLER ONE IS THE SUN

WOW TOUGH TIMES.

General Tso has taught you well,congrats.

When would you ever need to use trigonometry in real life anyway?

Is that how you designed the Great Pyramids?

Back