Back Problem

Ring Shark98

Black Belt
Reaction score
This past summer I hurt my back at work. I hurt a muscle just below my left shoulder blade. I was lifting something that I underestimated, and kind of pulled the muscle. I would rest it, and it would get a little better, until I would lift something (no matter how heavy), and the muscle would 'grab', with intense pain. Then it would take two or three days to recover, and after about a week or so, it would happen again. This happened until I quit work to go back to school, where I rested it for a few weeks.
However, now that I am doing BJJ again, while doing some rolls, I felt a little bit of pain in that same muscle again, and while it doesn't hurt, I'm worried it will happen again.
What the fuck is wrong with this muscle??

try and target it with light resistance. basicaly do recovery work for it because it is obviously still weak from the tear and and heavy near max work strains it again. aim for some hypertrophy.

That is basically thr same thing that happeend to me, except in my lower back..it sucks dude.

I'm not horribly worried about it. I know my Dad has back problems, but yeah, that is in his lower back. I can tell for sure this is a muscle injury. Oh well, it doesn't seem to be getting any worse.

http://www.exrx.net/Muscles/Supraspinatus.html

have a look at this...is it this muscle thats hurting because i destroyed mine...(was actually told by the physio that i didnt have one any more)..and had to rebuild it with very light work...i now have pain in the same area but this is due to my trap taking the majority of the work and sending the pain to the same area (dont ask me how)..i am having acupuncture on it and its helping a lot...doesnt help when someone tries a key lock or a kimura on me though..hurts for days after

Nope, mine is a bit lower than that. It feels like the serratus or the lat.

Back