Back pain

yvesrn

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hello all,

Going to start out by saying I have been training on and off for 4 yrs or so and lately it has been more off. Getting back into it to lose some wt. i carry most of my wt up top. what i am wondering is have any of you hurt your back throwing a kick/punch? I was hitting the bag and did a switch kick. As i kicked with my left leg i felt a pull in my lower back to left side of my spine. no radiating pain just pain to the muscle site. I can still lift wts. eg. deadlift, bent over rows, power clean. seems to bother me with left leg kicks and sometimes rt cross.

Thinking technique beside the fact i'm getting older and need to get some of this wt off.

Thanks for the help in advance

yeah i did this too, and had it for about a week
just stretch side to side, stretch your back and what not when u can, especially before training

I pulled a muscle in my lower back when I was in high school. It was pretty severe to the point that any wrong movement would end with a sharp pain going through my back. I'd sometimes collapse from it.

Because I figured it would heal quickly like most things did...I trained through it...but it took a year to heal. So I'd recommend you take it easy and do things that don't aggravate it.

Didn’t feel like creating a new thread. My back is F’d. nothing to serious after X-rays, but have some small tears. I’m very active so sitting down isn’t an option. Going slower is because I have no choice. Can’t grapple or train really. Played basketball and my back twisted up and brought me to my knees. Having trouble standing up and running, cutting. Chiropractors don’t work. Does anyone have any help to get me moving again?

Back