back of the head or "gamesmanship" ?

Judge and Jury

Green Belt
Reaction score
I'm agreeing with the announcers on this one. stemmed a little soccer like. imo

Looked like he was a little stunned by Yuri and wanted a way out, grabbed at it when he noticed it.

yeah obviously i have no place commenting on the heart of a fighter, but it looked like what it looked like.

They just need a better rule. The rule is terrible as there is too much room for intrerpretation. Also, only refs who speak the language of the fighters.

yeah obviously i have no place commenting on the heart of a fighter, but it looked like what it looked like.

This is the best comment on this issue we will see, btw.

So dubious...I doubt he gets another shot in the UFC which makes it a stupid move. Winning isn't always everything with Dana, look at Leonard Garcia. Thank god they didn't DQ Alcantara like what happened in the Erik Silva fight.

They just need a better rule. The rule is terrible as there is too much room for intrerpretation. Also, only refs who speak the language of the fighters.

This is the best comment on this issue we will see, btw.

That would be hard, there are fighters from all over the world these days. I doubt you'll find many refs who can speak Korean and Portuguese for example.

I have a hard time blaming him for quitting him when he was so much smaller and outgunned but he should be ashamed of himself stealing money from Alcantara.

both, in my opinion.

two of the punches looked like they were to the back of the head, but they were weak and didn't do any damage.

So dubious...I doubt he gets another shot in the UFC which makes it a stupid move. Winning isn't always everything with Dana, look at Leonard Garcia. Thank god they didn't DQ Alcantara like what happened in the Erik Silva fight.

very true..

as is the language comments made and the ones about him stealing money from his opponent

That was one of the worst cop outs I've ever seen. Shake my head

whether you think it or not what sport is most well known for dives?

You have to consider it's not the purpose of soccer being hit. Any light scratch may cause a foul/penalty.
And tbh all this soccer bullsh seems to be headed to Brazilians.

both, in my opinion.

two of the punches looked like they were to the back of the head, but they were weak and didn't do any damage.

How dare you to say it didn't do any damage or are weak punches. its not your head.:icon_evil

How dare you to say it didn't do any damage or are weak punches. its not your head.:icon_evil

anyone who's been hit in the head more than a few times knows that the 1/2 shots that actually hit the back of the head were soft shots that didn't do damage.

This rule needs to be defined better. The unified say a Mohawk strip while other commission rules say from the ears back - in which case many announcers get it wrong.

Back