Back Mount vs Back Control

EliteUltra500

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
The Back Mount. NOT Back Control. I know they are often referred to as one and the same. But for obvious reasons, being back mounted as I am describing it is way worse in a street fight situation.

Weve seen it before, the rashad vs chael, the hughes vs gracie.

Pretty much the worst position to be in. ever.

How do you get out?

In wrestling we learn how, It takes a lot of strength, but leaves you open to the RNC.

I want to know if there is a BJJ method with chokes/punches taken into account?

Last edited:
you might want to remove that vid, im pretty sure posting street fights can get you banned, or at least carded.

not that I care, I mean I watch them all the time, just a heads up

How do you get out?

switch back to to normal mount, hug his torso to avoid big punches, upa (buck like a horse), trap one arm (preferably his right arm), trap the same side leg, and Bridge like a MF.

to answer your question I think once you're belly down and completely flat your fucked, most people would probably say dont get there in the first place. your best hope is probably hoping to turn around and get back to being under mount.

Im sure there is probably a legit BJJ counter, but imo if your halfway decent at jiu jitsu and end up here your probably pretty much k.o'd and to incoherent to do the proper escape regardless

Im gonna investigate this.

In wrestling you can just elevate ur hips and try to get a hook out/ or just try to shake him off.

U need strong hip flexors/ torso flexors though.

Im gonna investigate this.

In wrestling you can just elevate ur hips and try to get a hook out/ or just try to shake him off.

U need strong hip flexors/ torso flexors though.

for a street fight where the person is punching you, he is likely to fall when you do your escape.

In grappling, it is likely that your opponent would just just the hooks in and use the seat belt control (also known as over and under) to avoid falling over.

if you are in a SF, that position is devastating, elbows to the back of the head, not much you can do about it.

Strong core get to turtle then roll over, that will at least stop the punching.

Strong core get to turtle then roll over, that will at least stop the punching.

Yeah Exactly.

You need strong rectus abdominus and iliopsoas muscles... but if you force urself to turtle with the hooks in (not always easy).... you can atleast roll... then he will have ur back still but atleast ur weight will be on him and we wont be dropping 12-6 elbows on ur dome

It's like asking how to get out of a perfectly locked in triangle. You fucked up a long time ago.

How do you get out?

switch back to to normal mount, hug his torso to avoid big punches, upa (buck like a horse), trap one arm (preferably his right arm), trap the same side leg, and Bridge like a MF.

This is my answer as well. Roll back to regular mount, protect yourself, take his posts out and bridge/roll.

I can't view the videos in the post a couple posts up to see if it says the same but here is how I would escape:

Elbows in, protect your face.
Use the ground to your advantage. Imagine scraping your hip flat to the ground to scrape one hook off. If they resist too much, they should be heel hooked.
Then, hip escape into half guard. Sweep. Submit.

I can't view the videos in the post a couple posts up to see if it says the same but here is how I would escape:

Elbows in, protect your face.
Use the ground to your advantage. Imagine scraping your hip flat to the ground to scrape one hook off. If they resist too much, they should be heel hooked.
Then, hip escape into half guard. Sweep. Submit.

Added url links, that might help with mobile users.

Added url links, that might help with mobile users.

Haha thanks man. I just can't watch them because my work's firewall. lol Are they similar to what I said? Will watch them soon. Haha MrBen... that's my name, too. Fancy that.

Back