Babble Boi's Eatery

Bubble Boy

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I’ve been enjoying reading some of the diet logs here and thought I could probably use starting one of my own. This will be for my own accountability and for feedback and advice.

Stats:
I’m late middle aged.
5’9” on a good day.
I hit the weight room pretty hard 3 days a week (I have a log over in Strength and Conditioning) and do a little cardio here and there.

I’ve always been active and in halfway decent shape.
I have had some pretty good peaks here and there through the years.
And a couple slumps too. A divorce 3 and

Last edited:
This is my version of the diet plan my cousin gave me. It's been modified to fit some of the foods that I like versus what he had plugged in there. I kept my substitutes as close to the macros that he recommended as possible.
Feed back is appreciated. It's about 2200 calories.

Breakfast
Lean meat, 4 oz. or 6 egg whites
1 cup oat meal
Fruit

Snack
1 scoop of protein powder
Slice of toast, peanut butter, jam

Lunch
Lean meat, 4 oz
Vegetable
Brown rice, 1 cup

Snack
Slice of toast, peanut butter, jam

Dinner
Lean meat, 4 oz (or 6 egg whites)
Vegetable
Brown rice , 1 cup

30 min pre-workout
Bowl of raisin bran or toast and jam or cliff bar + pulse of protein(about 300 calories total)

30 min post-workout
Pulse of protein powder
Sugary cheat (half a candy bar, ice cream, beer, etc, about 200 calories).

NOTE: if not working out that day, try to hold off on the pre/ post meals, but ok to have them.

Welcome to the logs and please dont tell me you're chucking away the yolks.

Haha, thanks golvmopp. I buy the carton kind. I'm sure the yolks are going to good use somewhere.

Side note in general: Read the FAQs in this forum and am going to be reducing my carbs a bit. Probably crowd them around my workouts. Mostly post.

I think.
Not quite sure exactly what I am doing yet. Still researching.

Haha, thanks golvmopp. I buy the carton kind. I'm sure the yolks are going to good use somewhere.

Yolks probably go into the other carton for use with patisseries. :D Gjdm, I'd have lost my shit otherwise.

Side note in general: Read the FAQs in this forum and am going to be reducing my carbs a bit. Probably crowd them around my workouts. Mostly post.

I think.
Not quite sure exactly what I am doing yet. Still researching.

IME, if you wanna get the best of both worlds - losing the carb-flab while not having flat muscles - go on a harsh first week of no-carb. After you've lost the water, concentrate your carbs on post workout meals - stay hydrated throughout the day (and workout), and cut all water intake for the day about 20 minutes prior to ingesting the first carb-heavy meal. Works great for me - like a mini dry refeed.

Of course, your mileage may vary, but I can put on obscene amounts of waterweight around the waist if I drink frivolously while eating carbs.

Back