Babalu Sobral

tehMoose

The slayer of ufc shills
@Silver
Reaction score
Where do you rank him all time and what are your thoughts on his career and resume?

Top tier gatekeeper. He was a good fighter and I enjoyed watching him fight, but the dude just couldn't get over that final hump and become champion. Maybe without Chuck he could have.

I have him around 16th-20th top LHW of all time. Won't argue if someone has him as high as #10 or as low as #25.

Was he better across his career than Forrest? Ya, probably. But Forrest got the belt. How each person reconciles those 2 facts puts Babalu in the top 15 or the lower top 30. And that's just one example. And that's why these lists are more art than science.

Last edited:
Ricky Ricardo had a song about him

Definitely not in the top tier but he has some good wins. Just not in the upper elite category

674g36.gif

He has a tough resume but didn’t beat anyone outside of green Shogun. Lawler might be his best win

One of the best light heavyweights of the night.

How was this not the first answer....

That said...the sobral who fought chuck the second time likely beats tito if he was champ...

He was just one of those guys that was a great fighter but couldnt beat the champion in his division..

I always wonder what a 185Lbs sobral would of looked like...he seemed soft bodied at 205

He was great in The Jungle Book and Tailspin, who knew he could fly a plane?

He was way before my time but when I was watching the old legends he was getting finished by all of them...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back