B0rt, we need an...

OK guys, here's your update, taken from a personal letter I received:

The operation went really well, despite my fears going into it. I don't really notice the absence of my dong, and already I'm starting to feel like a real woman. Ever since hanging out at that tranny bar last year, I've not only gotten great advice, but also some of the most loving support I've ever experience in my life. I love my new family, and I love my new body! I'll keep you guys posted on how it goes when I start enetering and kicking ass in the Women's Division of local Strongman contests. I can't wait!

Excellent...now I may actually catch up and surpass Barut's OHP pressing prowess....right Fatty?

Sorry for not updating last night. It was 2.5 hour drive each way and I didn't get back to the house until 11pm. I was tired. I have videos, but I need someone to walk me through the procedure for converting a dvd file into something that is recognized by windows media maker.

Overall impressions:
I really enjoyed the contest. There were over 50 competitors in the different classes and 8 guys in the 265 class. We got a late start due to lots of rain in the AM, but overall the contest was very well run.

Contest prep:
I went to the gym once in the past 2 weeks. Finals kept me from being able to prepare like I wanted to. I weighed in at 10:30am at 247. I was by far the lightest 265'er. There were some huge guys in my class. I'm going to actually try to make 231 for the next one.

There were five events: DL medley, odd object loading, viking press, tire flip, and push, drag, and power stairs medley. I finished every event. I think only 3 other guys in my class finished all the events and I beat everyone in the class in at least one event with the exception of the guy who finished 2nd.

DL Medley:
There were five stations. 110lb thick handle db's, 300lb log, 405lb bar, 450lb axle from 18" and a 550lb frame (kind of like a trap bar type thing). I didn't realize that we didn't have to control the weights on the way down, so I set them down. I also took my time a bit to be sure that I was happy with my hand and foot placement before pulling. I finished the five lifts in 24.xx seconds and came in 2nd to last in the class. Realistically, I could have done the course in 5-8 seconds less.

Odd object load:
214lb atlas stone, 185lb cylinder, 185lb field stone, 255lb cylinder, 290lb grave stone, 300lb keg. The atlas stone, field stone, and grave stone had to be loaded on to a high platform and the other three went on a low platform and had to be stood up. I went second in this event because of my DL finish. The guy in front of me couldn't get the grave stone lapped, so I was going into it blind. I got the first 3 fast and easy and had a bit of trouble with the big cylinder due to the awkward shape. I lapped the grave stone and got it loaded and then loaded the keg and stood it up right as time expired. I think I finished 5th in that event.

Viking press:
300lb OH press for reps. No double knee bending allowed. I finished with 11 reps and was happy. The winner in my class hit 21.

Tire Flip:
650lb tire. The tire was actually two tractor tires bolted together which made flipping the tire very hard. I think the course was about 80' long. The first guy couldn't get one flip. The next guy missed the finish line by a flip or two. I was third. In warmups I had been able to flip the tire twice. I was not confident that I was going to finish the course. The whistle blew and I flipped the fucker the length of the course. The next 3 guys either couldn't beat my time or they couldn't finish the course. The guy who finished in 2nd place killed my time and the winner of my class edged him out. I did much better than expected.

Push/Drag/Power Stairs:
Same course as the tire. Push one truck down, drag another one back, and then take 300lb up 3 - 17" stairs. The guy who finished 4th, who I wanted to catch, finished in 33.4'ish seconds. I finished in 33.8'ish. I was very pleased. My time was the 3rd fastest out of all the weight classes. I am teh athletic.

Video will be posted when I figured out the technical issues.

Well done, sir! Sounds like good, simple events.

Well written, I just could see it with my own eyes. No video needed ;) Congrats on your efforts!

Nice. Sounds like you did really well, especially considering your schedule of late w/ finals and such.

congratulations on your first event, sounds like you hit a groove and got into things.

300 OHP x 21? Jebus.

Thanks for the update mate, not quite as colourful as ghostwipes update....

Seriously congrats mate!!!!

Good job Barut. I can't wait to see the videos.

Good work, buddy. Sorry to tard up your thread.

Good shit, especially going into an event just after exams, that had to be rough.

Sounds like a lot of fun. Looking forward to the vids.

Domination.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LTR-tePa0Bg&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LTR-tePa0Bg&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Back