B.J. Penn retirement update: 'Prodigy' plans to 'take some time' before future

I'm sure he'll want to come back. And I don't think Dana will let him fight at 170 again. So I expect a high profile fight at 155...

I'd like to see him pull a Rich Franklin and take some fights at a 160 or 163 pound catchweight for the remainder of his career. I can see why he doesn't wanna fight at LW, cuz' if he really hates cutting weight that much then he shouldn't have to, but he's too small for WW, and he's popular enough, both with the fans and with the UFC, like Rich Franklin, to be allowed to fight at a catchweight.

Hmm....So you're saying there's a chance.

saupload_lloyd-300x300.jpg

Either LW or don't come back I say.

155 or bust, imo.

Love B.J. and still believe he can compete with the top guys, but at lightweight only. It is officially proven that he has no business at 170.

With that said, I'd love to see the UFC sign Eddie Alvarez and match him up with B.J. Penn. Has the potential to be a great fight and would love to see this go down.

P.S. I really hope B.J. decides to reunite with Marinovich and makes a nice little run at 155 before hanging them up.

i wouldnt mind if bj just took a reasonable fight for a change - at 155 against a relative contender - give him a chance to get some confidence

but knowing bj, he'll only want ridiculoius fights

I thought that before, but after watching him vs. Rory it didn't even look like he wanted to be there. He was done after round 1 and didn't even push the pace like we're used to seeing him do.

In shape/motivated/whatever he just looks like he doesn't have the same spirit to fight.

He still has some fight left in him.

When they invented Youtube I was hoping I would not have to "Read more" anymore. Whats up with this words and shit. Even a phone has a camera. Talk into it.

I never knew there was a third Diaz brother.

Get back to us when you get rid or your camp filled with yes-men BJ

Dont want to see him return at all.He's been taking way too much damage in all of his last few fights.

Not to mention he has the worst fans on Earth.They will assume that 'this is the time' he is motivated,in shape,etc and expect him to win.

Later when he loses they will just say he wasn't motivated,out of shape,could have beat Godzilla had he trained,etc.

Dont want to see him return at all.He's been taking way too much damage in all of his last few fights.

Not to mention he has the worst fans on Earth.They will assume that 'this is the time' he is motivated,in shape,etc and expect him to win.

Later when he loses they will just say he wasn't motivated,out of shape,could have beat Godzilla had he trained,etc.

Agree. regardless what weight class. I don't see him doing well even at LW either. He wouldn't be able to beat the top 6 at the moment. PLUS, he will never to get to LW. The dude loves his food too much. He better not take another fight at WW, it really isn't fun watching a fat human punching bag.

he needs to hang em out and shogun needs to do the same

Are you retarded? Penn is one of the few guys who isn't fighting for the cash.

Pretty sure at this point money is the motivator. This dude is fighting for the same reason Holyfield is still fighting. I would never say Holyfield isn't a warrior but he needs that doe

would be nice to see him at 155 now that edgar is 145.

Back