B.J. Penn is NOT the LW GOAT. Not even close.

Edgars the best so far, Pettis could change that if he was more active

Marinovich Penn is LW goat imo. If only BJ looked like that more often in his career.

Uh. This thread isn't ignorant, I know fully well what BJ did in his past and I know fully well that Caol Uno isn't that great of a fighter, if he were dropped into today's fight game he'd be irrelevant. He was only able to succeed because the fight game wasn't as developed.

Well, there you have it. The current champion in each division is the GOAT of that division. This has simply been a semantic argument because what you are saying is true: the fighters are better than they have ever been.

I know hypotheticals don't mean much(proceeds to talk about hypotheticals), but I think it's pretty obvious BJ could have dominated lw for over half a decade, similar to George~s at ww but with more finishes. He just spent a good chunk of his prime trying to dominate a weight class he wasn't suited for, and was a notorious under-trainer. He still might have hit the wall with guys like Bendo, Edgar, etc., but he would've already 5+yrs of dominance by that point, and nobody would questioning his GOAT status at lw.

motivated bj beats cain.
son give up the b.s bro, BJ is a beast and if he lets it out its game over for anyone the dares step to him

tip toe bj is just an evil spirit that has taken over his body.

bj is m favourite fighter, i wouldnt be watching ufc if it wasent for him

B.J. Peen notable LW wins: Diego Sanchez, Gomi, Sean Sherk, Kenny Florian, Joe Stevenson.

Where you are failing is the lack of mention for his win over Matt Hughes during a time period when Hughes was king of the welterweights.

EDIT* It doesn't matter that it isn't a LW fight. It exceeds beating a LW.

BJ is currently the LW Goat. But there hasn't been a truly dominant LW champ yet.

I'll vote for BJ although I'm sure this will be more debatable in the future

IMO, the title of LW GOAT is ripe for the taking. There's an argument for BJ and Gomi, and I guess Edgar since he beat BJ twice in LW title fights, then again Bender beat Edgar twice in LW title fights, and now Pettis has beaten Bender twice. As interesting as BJ's career has been with all his fights in other weightclasses, etc., I don't think he's got a firm grasp on being LW Goat I think Pettis could take the mantle and really solidify himself as the division's best ever with a couple more defenses. If he beats RDA and Khabib, to go with his two wins over Bender, his win over Gil, and being champion in both WEC and UFC, I think he'd have a strong argument.

IMO, the title of LW GOAT is ripe for the taking. There's an argument for BJ and Gomi, and I guess Edgar since he beat BJ twice in LW title fights, then again Bender beat Edgar twice in LW title fights, and now Pettis has beaten Bender twice. As interesting as BJ's career has been with all his fights in other weightclasses, etc., I don't think he's got a firm grasp on being LW Goat I think Pettis could take the mantle and really solidify himself as the division's best ever with a couple more defenses. If he beats RDA and Khabib, to go with his two wins over Bender, his win over Gil, and being champion in both WEC and UFC, I think he'd have a strong argument.

At least there's someone out there that doesn't just blindly say that BJ's the GOAT.

Hey, when Aldo (who has the same frame as Penn) goes up and beats Lawler and then loses a split to Hendricks, let me know ... Until then, Penn is a legend. Plain and simple. He deserves hate for a lot of his career foolishness, but he also deserves immense props for some of that absurdity allowing him to do some crazy stuff. Props to Penn, period.

Donny level trolling minus the sweet nicknames and pics.

Back