B.J. Penn hints at possible retirement from MMA

It is definitely time for BJ to hang up the gloves.

He is way past his prime & his best is behind him.

If he doesn't make the HOF it would be a travesty. Thanks for the memories BJ!!

He doesnt need to retire. When he was away from home in cali, fought at 155 lbs, and had the marv doing his s&c, he was elite.

He sells himself short fighting at 170 lbs and training at home in his comfort zone.

BJ said that the UFC would have to make it worth his while if he were to fight again.He is definite hof.

With the UFC it wouldn't surpirse me if he didn't get in the HoF, but John Madden did. Or some stupid shit, like Calvin Clien or some shit..

I like how all the retards and noobs come out of the woodwork and say "but but but frankie !!!!!"

BJ Penn is the GOAT so far, no question about that.

actually it is pretty stupid to say there is no question about whether Bj is the LW GOAT.

Edgar has more LW fights. More LW wins. And the better and bigger LW wins. They have the same amount of successful title defenses. there is no question Edgar is in the discussion for LW GOAT with BJ.

The case for BJ at LW is he was more exciting because he finished more. and while that might be all that matters to the extreme Just Bleed fans that is worth very little over time. Fighting and BEATING better competition is generally valued way more then finishing lesser comp. And frankie beat the better comp.

Yes he is a HOFer without question and I am a big BJ fan (fighter and activity, recieving only!) but I hope he retires unless he wants to try to take one more shot at lw

Last edited:
I think he should try 155 one more time. Frankie's the only guy who ever really beat him there.

styles make fights; maybe bendo wouldn't be able to beat him.

BJ is not an elite ww and should not be fighting the best guys up there. I think he could still win some good fights at lw though, and I hope he does, his last two fights were ugly and he shouldn't go out like that.

For whatever people want to say about who he is, his character, and those discredit him in all the wonderfully creative ways that he is always discredited, he is 100% HOF, not even his legion of haters can disagree with that.

actually it is pretty stupid to say there is no question about whether Bj is the LW GOAT.

Edgar has more LW fights. More LW wins. And the better and bigger LW wins. They have the same amount of successful title defenses. there is no question Edgar is in the discussion for LW GOAT with BJ.

The case for BJ at LW is he was more exciting because he finished more. and while that might be all that matters to the extreme Just Bleed fans that is worth very little over time. Fighting and BEATING better competition is generally valued way more then finishing lesser comp. And frankie beat the better comp.

It's going to be hard to debate when Frankie beats Aldo, slaps around some FWs and then moves back up to retake the LW crown in the future.

People are going to be like, Bjaywho?

Back