B.J. Penn hints at possible retirement from MMA

this gonna be what.. his 5th time retiring?

Besides the fact that he: became a UFC lightweight champ , earned his blackbelt in BJJ in 3 years, fought at HW against Lyoto Machida and lost a decision (damn impressive)...he moved UP a weight class and choked out a PRIME Matt Hughes then knocked him out in their trilogy fight! He was better than GSP at one point but the difference is that GSP hasn't stopped evolving and Penn stopped evolving at the beginning of his career.

Absolutely a Hall of Famer.

and he should absolutely retire now. Don't go out like Pulver.

[WITH_TEETH];78348973 said:

have you seen the Pulver bio on netflix? gave me mucho respect for the man

I like how all the retards and noobs come out of the woodwork and say "but but but frankie !!!!!"

BJ Penn is the GOAT so far, no question about that.

[WITH_TEETH];78348973 said:

BJ is MILES away from going out like Pulver. He isn't the type to keep fighting beyond reason anyway.

It would be interesting to see if he accepts the offer from Firas to come train at Tristar, I'd love to see him fight as part of a team like that

This, I'm not sure if he needs to retire but he does need to change something up and having better training partners than your brothers and random Hawaiians would help that.

Penn should drop to LW where he belongs. Sure, he lost to Edgar but that doesn't mean he can't take on anyone else in the top 10. We have no real idea how he'd perform against the current roster.

Either way, Penn is a legend. Don't want to see him getting smashed at WW anymore.

He probably should retire, but I for one would like to see him go out on a win.

So he's going to retire...until his next fight, then he will be back and more motivated than ever!

He's a warrior, one of the all time best LW's, multi-division champion. Hell yes he is very deserving of being in the HOF

Its not a question that BJ is a sure fire HOF'er.

This^^^and why not retire? He has plenty of money and lives on Hawaii. If I were him I would surf and drink margaritas for the rest of my days.

HOF? Yes.

Should he retire from MMA? Perhaps.

Should he retire from fighting above LW? YES

HOF fo sho.

Possible retirement??? C'mon he needs to give it up, we don't need another Liddell, Titol or Shamrock story here.

multi-divison champ, LW GOAT

I think he'll be in the HoF...

Back