[b]developing A Chin[/b]

206crazy

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
i know this sounds wierd but a friend of mine would just go walk around and head butt things all the time. then one night he hit a trashcan and it split open his head. a lil bit longer his head devloped some what of a perminent hornish bump, that doesnt go away. his head basically turned into a titanium cranium....

so is it possible to develope a chin just by getting use to impact, or are some people just real hard headed?

No, I think your threshhold of pain might be more after you get used to the idea of getting hit.. In muay thai, you bite onto a rope and lift up a weight which strengthens your jaw which helps with getting hit in the face.

206crazy said:
i know this sounds wierd but a friend of mine would just go walk around and head butt things all the time.

No, not weird at all. For a crazy person!

Neck bridges, what John said, and just spar. Pretty basic.

lots of sparring...me n my buddies get together usually once a week and bareknuckle box and now its immpossible to knock me out with a glove on

KillaKix said:
lots of sparring...me n my buddies get together usually once a week and bareknuckle box and now its immpossible to knock me out with a glove on

lol. you mean its impossible for guys u know to knock u out with a glove on. lets jus get that straight!

Headbuting things to develop a chin or to get a harder head = Realy fucking stupid. Beat your friend with a stick until he stops that foolishnes.

Developing a ching = train your neck, then train it some more, do some shrugs and stuff to beef up the traps, then train that neck some more. Spar a lot to learn stuff so you dont have to have a chin and to learn to roll with the punches, then train your neck some more...

A stronger neck gives you a stronger chin. I also think that its very important to be used to get hit hard because you need to react in a proper way when getting hit. This do not apply if you get ktfo but it will make you better at taking punches.

John O'Brien said:
No, I think your threshhold of pain might be more after you get used to the idea of getting hit.. In muay thai, you bite onto a rope and lift up a weight which strengthens your jaw which helps with getting hit in the face.

Exactly. Also do alot of neck bridges and spar HARD not like a pussy.

Your friend probably thinks he's tough for headbutting solid objects, I think he's an idiot. I assume he is headbutting with his forehead which is alreday one of the stronger areas of your cranium. Not too many people aim for the forehead because of it strength.

krellik said:
Headbuting things to develop a chin or to get a harder head = Realy fucking stupid. Beat your friend with a stick until he stops that foolishnes.

Developing a ching = train your neck, then train it some more, do some shrugs and stuff to beef up the traps, then train that neck some more. Spar a lot to learn stuff so you dont have to have a chin and to learn to roll with the punches, then train your neck some more...

I truly wish to develop my ching. Show me the way...

Some people have hard heads, or just know how to take punches. For example, people have complimented me on my ability to take a punch, and keep on ticking. One thing I do is try not to turn away. That way I can see all the punches and brace for them. You can get hit ultra hard on the chin or temple when you expect it and be fine (or maybe it's only me, anyway...), but it takes a very light punch to knock someone out who is not expecting it. Hence why most knockouts are counter punches. As for headbutting to increase impact resistance, i don't suggest it. As for headbutting to be cool, keep on keepin on.

parallax86 said:
lol. you mean its impossible for guys u know to knock u out with a glove on. lets jus get that straight!

Yeah I always wonder about people who brag about doing "bare-knuckled" boxing... in their backyards... with their school chums...
Are we supposed to be impressed?
It's a dumb thing to do, why would you ever want to brag about it?

But anyways. A strong neck helps a lot.

Those headband things with weights on them are a nice (and safe) way to build a nice strong neck, but if you don't have the equipment you can always just train your neck the good ol' fashioned way and do neckbridges until the cows come home.

Joke Time:
On the other hand... Maybe running into things with your head does actually help prevent a knockout...
...wait for it...
...because you'd be too stupid to know when you're KOed!

Rufus the bum loved to run into stuff with his head too... is your friend named Rufus by any chance?

bumfights.jpg
_38012564_bum150.jpg

this is crazy dude,

dont train your chin, its fragile, you can screw up your jaw, and neck.

and brain!!!

so stupid.

206crazy said:
i know this sounds wierd but a friend of mine would just go walk around and head butt things all the time. then one night he hit a trashcan and it split open his head. a lil bit longer his head devloped some what of a perminent hornish bump, that doesnt go away. his head basically turned into a titanium cranium....

so is it possible to develope a chin just by getting use to impact, or are some people just real hard headed?

that is fucking hilarious.. i know a guy with a ridge on his forehead from some type of massive impact. he has a titanium cranium as well and hes always bragging about how deadly his headbutt is in a fist fight. lol

OpethDrums said:
that is fucking hilarious.. i know a guy with a ridge on his forehead from some type of massive impact. he has a titanium cranium as well and hes always bragging about how deadly his headbutt is in a fist fight. lol
Do these forehead ridges make them look like Klingons? That would be so busted, but it'd serve em right.

yeah and how easily it must open up and bleed all over the place.
scar tissue is not a good thing for pro-fighters.

206crazy said:

Sounds like he needs a straight jacket, and a rubber room to live in.

Back