Axl Rose and Slash bury the hatchet

I like Chinese Democracy.

I kind of did as well.

It's far too late as many have noted, that said... I hope all they do is go on tour together as GnR with Duff and Izzy back as well. Just play their old hits and they'll start making money hand over fist.

I don't care if it sucked I'd gladly fork over my money for a GnR reunion. It couldn't be any worse than my Van Halen reunion tour experience.

Because Axl's ego would dictate that he writes everything and nobody else is allowed any contribution. Slash ain't that great of a songwriter anyway, and as someone else said, Izzy wrote most of Appetite, and he ain't coming back in a hurry.

Also, Guns' best sound came from when they were living on Skid Row, broke, with youthful attitude fuelling them. No-one wants to listen to multimillionaires raging against the machine.

Whether 'too late' or not, a reunited Guns N' Roses could go on a stadium world tour right out of the gate and rake in hundreds of millions of dollars. There's money to be made, which is why so many have tried, Irving Azoff included, to reunite the old band. It's basically why Universal stonewalled Chinese Democracy.

Axl's live performances are hit and miss for a number of reasons. His age, his conditioning, the fact that his vocal range is varied, and he sings different songs in different pitches, tempos, ranges. It's always been a grind for him because of how ragged he performs from show to show.

When I saw him in Toronto in 2010, he was a fucking monster. The lame ass band with him didn't do much for me, but Axl turned back the clock for a night. It was one of the best performances I've ever heard him give. He was late as fuck too. Couldn't use the subway to get home!

Where is Ja Rule to make sense of all this?

i was listening to sweet child o mine the other day and all i could think about was how terrible axls voice is. his voice has always sucked, not a new thing.

Doesn't matter if they can't get Izzy back. He wrote most of AFD. After he left, shit went downhill.

^^

This man knows what he's talking about.

Appetite wasn't even their best album.

It was their only great album. I loved that they panned Slash's and Izzy's guitar parts in stereo so you could hear what both were playing. Axl is a rock star, Slash plays soulful leads, but Izzy is a beast.

i was listening to sweet child o mine the other day and all i could think about was how terrible axls voice is. his voice has always sucked, not a new thing.

Your voice is terrible

Have to post my favorite GNR song:

[YT]Qyf8oRF6Trg[/YT]

Damn, they sounded so raw and powerful back then.

Glad to see izzy getting some credit.

I agree that they won't make great music without him. He was their best songwriter.

The good news is that he's already on good terms with axl, so the biggest hurdle has already been overcome.

Would love to see the original lineup reunited, but with sorum instead of adler... and dizzy can stay, of course.

Izzy's a great songwriter. But by the Illusions World Tour, they had basically turned off Izzy's guitar live.

Appetite is pretty tight in terms of songwriting. I think you can see how they blended their songwriting capabilities perfectly, whereas they didn't collaborate in the same way on Use Your Illusion, to the band's detriment. I don't think Illusions was as cohesive and tight as Appetite, but it did offer a much broader colour of music than Appetite, which was simply a viscous, unrelenting hard rock album.

Have to post my favorite GNR song:

[YT]Qyf8oRF6Trg[/YT]

Damn, they sounded so raw and powerful back then.

Top 3 GOAT rock song imo. If you watch live performances it's the only song Slash ever runs around on stage and dances too. He said it's the only song he plays that makes him do that. Such a badass riff, driving bass and pounding drums. Makes me wanna drive 100 mph in a corvette.

Izzy's a great songwriter. But by the Illusions World Tour, they had basically turned off Izzy's guitar live.

Appetite is pretty tight in terms of songwriting. I think you can see how they blended their songwriting capabilities perfectly, whereas they didn't collaborate in the same way on Use Your Illusion, to the band's detriment. I don't think Illusions was as cohesive and tight as Appetite, but it did offer a much broader colour of music than Appetite, which was simply a viscous, unrelenting hard rock album.

Uyi2 has better songs. Its never going to get a fair comparison to the album that's widely considered the best debut album ever.

I will say that afd has fewer low points, but the only song on it that would be in my top 5 is rocket queen.

Back