aww! Your very first submission!

haha, i remeber my first sub , it was an americana from the mount
feels good to finish with a sub , makes you wantto get better, but probably not as much as getting caught in one , oh wel they both motivate

1st one ever learned: flying triangle.

1st one ever executed on resisting opponent: flying gogoplata.

first submision ever pulled off in a tournament was a keylock.

I think it may have actually been a triangle from guard - which is odd because 7 months on I suck at them.

gi-choke my first if i remember correctly. The first sub we teach is americana from mount and kimura from guard ussually...

Dedicado said:
What was the first submission you were ever taught?

If you had to teach somebody, totally new, a first submission, which would it be and why?

The first submission I was ever shown was the Guillotine Choke by this JKD instructor my high-school P.E. teacher brought to class, he was super gung-ho, and he challenged me to "Karate" him, he kicked my ass! (this was in'97).

Triangle and then armbar.

the sleeper from the million dollar man. I use to put my friends in it when I was 10-11 all the time.

i'd go from a scissors lock to a million dollar dream when they'd roll over.

the first technical move was an armbar from watching Royce Gracie do it in the UFC.

my first submission was from the million dollar dream :)

the first submission I ever taught someone was a armbar.

woo.orange

My first night of sparring, I caught a blue-belt with a straight ankle lock.

johil d'o said:
1st one ever learned: flying triangle.

1st one ever executed on resisting opponent: flying gogoplata.

This is proper - start with the basics

I didnt teach myself persay, but I knew alot of submissions from watching mma. I knew the triangle, keylock, kimura, guillotine, armbars, achilles locks, ankle locks before I was ever taught them in class, but learning them in class definitely sharpened them alot. Before I was shown the proper way to do them they were all very crude and ineffective.

armbar.. The first one i tapped someone with rolling. i was a white belt, and he was blue so i feel special.. hell, i'm still a white belt

I first learned the armbar in calss. Sparring, I subbed by keyhole from sidecontrol.

Back