Awkward Uriah Hall pre fight scrum

eon001

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
After all these years of fighting in the UFC, Hall still can't quite adjust to his media obligations.
A part of me wishes the UFC would put him out of his misery and just cut him.

I ain't trying to be some tough dude on the internet, but it's very clear Hall just ain't cut out for this sport. He doesn't truly love it. The Mousasi fluke was great though.

The guy asking questions actually asked some decent stuff too. Hall looks fucking miserable there and has talked about not enjoying the media side of it, also talks about how he doesn't enjoy hurting people.

MMA is fucking crazy.

I ain't trying to be some tough dude on the internet, but it's very clear Hall just ain't cut out for this sport. He doesn't truly love it. The Mousasi fluke was great though.

The guy asking questions actually asked some decent stuff too. Hall looks fucking miserable there and has talked about not enjoying the media side of it, also talks about how he doesn't enjoy hurting people.

MMA is fucking crazy.

Hes not the only one, Nick, Rumble all say they don't enjoy MMA either.

You dont have to enjoy something to be good at it.

Hes a social introvert. I think he explained it when he was on TUF.
Don't you find it ironic that he's a social introvert, but is aggravated by NOT seeing people. He's basically just talking to people over and intercom and he's damn near having a nervous breakdown.

It's not really about the sport itself. It's about the necessary media attached to it. He hasn't got the mindset for it. These were some tame and friendly Journalists and he's spazzing out.

WTF is this garbage ?

seriously not even a feed from other side ..lol

I don’t see a problem. He don’t give a fuck just like every one else. No one watches this shit.

A big fan of Uriah Hall since the TUF days.
Seems like a decent guy that struggles with the psychological side of the sport.

He's always been this way. Dude was picked on growing up like many MMA fighters, and his #1 problem by far is getting into his own head. I'm kind of the same way growing up. Many times I get to the finals of my TKD sparring or tennis singles tournaments, then a major case of imposter syndrome takes over.

One of the most dominant fighters of all the TUF seasons, only to lose to Gastelum in the finals. I remember their weird multiple awkward hugs during the fight.

My own personal opinion is he could've been one of the all time greats with a more practiced and stronger mental game. When he's on point, dudes a killer. Not everyone can be as charismatic as Conor or Izzy.

Last edited:

I feel like a lot of fighters feel like that. Nick Diaz and GSP have both famously stated that they hate the fighting aspect of martial arts. I mean you have to have a few screws lose to truly enjoy risking your health and future for a living..

I mean you have to have a few screws lose to truly enjoy risking your health and future for a living..
I do it every day and am not a fighter or a complainer. I live in Manila and break up cock fights for a living. My boss died the other day in the line of duty.

BvKQELs.png

He should try at least a little bit to be a more likable. Next time there are no one asking any questions from him.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back