Media Awkward... Cowboy runs into Jorge at UFC 246

That’s one beta I wouldn’t mind having in my side in a bar fight

Cerrone claimed he didnt know who Masvidal was, even though they had trained together. Masvidal was insulted and after he finished him he asked him "you remember me now, motherfucker".

I'd say that's a bit awkward
The "they trained together" is making it out to be more than it was. In Jorges own words they met a couple times, and Jorge trained at Jacksons a little bit when he was fighting in Japan, and Cerrone was still in the WEC. That was almost 10 years before the fight, there's a very good chance after 10 years Cowboy forgot meeting someone at the gym a decade earlier.

But neither one of them seemed awkward in the gym.

The "they trained together" is making it out to be more than it was. In Jorges own words they met a couple times, and Jorge trained at Jacksons a little bit when he was fighting in Japan, and Cerrone was still in the WEC. That was almost 10 years before the fight, there's a very good chance after 10 years Cowboy forgot meeting someone at the gym a decade earlier.

But neither one of them seemed awkward in the gym.
Sure he forgot

i do believe in that.

that is the most primal display of alpha vs beta you'll see.
animal kingdom shit.

EOlPo3SW4AA61jb

I see a wounded lion knowing he needs time to recover, so he allows the beta to bask in false glory and gain false confidence until he returns to rip his head off

Funny that.. cause Masvidal has done that almost everytime in big fights.. Henderson/Maia/Wonderboy

He constantly fades and gives up crucial rounds.. people forget cause hes had 2 back to back kos

Till.Askren and Nate Diaz were all very big fights and he murdered them all.

he’s obviously not the same Masvidal as before.

Nothing awkward or anyone shook here. Another much ado about nothing.

The threads you guys make about the way this guy acts....

Stop projecting your insecurities on to someone else. Just because you'd shit your pants, doesn't mean that Cerrone gives a shit. He's literally fought that guy in the cage, got his ass kicked, and I promise you if they offered it again he'd be in the cage with him tomorrow
First he'd wanna hold hands w conor and take a stroll

Definitley not.
The guy has had some blood and guts fights. But when given the brass ring,the guy just wont reach out and take it,just deflates.
Its a personality flaw,but id call him more unfocused and inconsistent.
Id say hes not 100 percent focused anymore. Too many hobbies wife kid ranch coaching. distractions everywhere

They seem cool to each other now, its all good.

Till.Askren and Nate Diaz were all very big fights and he murdered them all.

he’s obviously not the same Masvidal as before.

He murdered Nate? I guess we watch different fight. If I recall correctly a doctor stopped the fight, while Nate was on the rise..
GTFO with that trash. Its actually embarrassing to carry the BMF belt, since he won it in the least baddest mother fucking way..

I see a wounded lion knowing he needs time to recover, so he allows the beta to bask in false glory and gain false confidence until he returns to rip his head off
wounded lions who concede defeat die, or are forced to lose their alpha status.
he didn't die, considering he begged for mercy and got spit on.
he is, therefore, a beta.
the rules of the animal kingdom are unforgivable.
you'll just have to accept them my friend.

These kinds of threads are written by guys who dissect their own interactions & insecurities with their own friends. After greeting their own friend, they start wondering if they were alpha enough in how they said hi or what's up. It's hilarious

In the past, the prevailing view on grey wolf packs was that they consisted of individuals vying with each other for dominance, with dominant grey wolves being referred to as the "alpha" male and female, and the subordinates as "beta" and "omega" wolves. This terminology was first used in 1947 by Rudolf Schenkel of the University of Basel, who based his findings on researching the behaviour of captive grey wolves.[18] This view on gray wolf pack dynamics was later popularized by the researcher L. David Mech in his 1970 book The Wolf. He later found additional evidence that the concept of an Alpha male may have been an erroneous interpretation of incomplete data and formally disavowed this terminology in 1999. He explained that it was heavily based on the behavior of captive packs consisting of unrelated individuals, an error reflecting the once prevailing view that wild pack formation occurred in winter among independent grey wolves. Later research on wild gray wolves revealed that the pack is usually a family consisting of a breeding pair and their offspring of the previous 1–3 years. In the article, Mech wrote that the use of the term "alpha" to describe the breeding pair adds no additional information, and is "no more appropriate than referring to a human parent or a doe deer as an alpha." He further notes the terminology falsely implies a "force-based dominance hierarchy." In 13 years of summer observations of wild wolves, he witnessed no dominance contests between them.[19]

Alpha just means the one at the top of the hierarchy.

Hierarchies exist everywhere, take mma for example, the champ is the alpha and the rest are ranked by their wins and losses and then at the very bottom you have the bottom feeders hanging by a thread on a losing streak worrying about if they're gonna be cut from the ufc.

Same thing in school, the smart people with high scores are higher in the hierarchy of academic achievement than the rest. They are alpha in that field, but may not be high on other hierachies like having many friends and relationships . when it comes to the idea of the "alpha male " it's referring to the male who ranks high no matter what hierarchy you put him in, he's alpha across a myriad of different hierarchies, hence , "alpha male".

The video you showed makes a bunch of straw-men and attacks them instead of trying to make an honest counter argument.

1. The idea of the alpha male is not based on only wolves or monkeys. What about lions? When a lion comes of age he gets kicked out of his family and has to roam around alone, eventually he finds another pride of liones , he finds the head of the tribe and tries to kill him to take his place so he can get his women and territory. The winner is the alpha that keeps the resources and the loser either cowers and runs away or is eventually killed.

There's also other animals like elk where the alpha male gathers females and gets them to join his harem so there's 1 male with a herd of females following him. He of course has to fight other males to defend his position and the winner is the alpha and gets to pass his genes to the next generation.

By the way I'm not saying that being alpha means being unnecessarily aggressive or violent. It means being high in a bunch of different hierarchies , e.g. strength, wealth, intellegence, etc... If you're at the top of a lot of different hierarchies that means you're an alpha male. Being at the top of just 1 hierarchy doesn't make an alpha male.

Back