Awful way to end the year for the UFC IMO

The facebook and FX fights were decent, the first 3 PPV fights obviously sucked but the co-main and main made up for everything I think.

I thought it was pretty bad. Buffalo Wild Wings cleared out a lot throughout the fight card, not a lot of people stayed for the main event, and a couple of the people I went with were falling a sleep almost haha

It seems like every time the UFC has a really good event, there is a really crappy one right after to ruin the momentum. The bad outweighed the good, IMO.

At least Lauzon vs. Miller was epic. The rest was terribad.

Maybe I need to rewatch it but I don't understand how Lauzon/Miller is a "FOTY" contender!? Miller was pretty much annihilating him until the last 30 seconds when Lauzon almost got the sub...:eek:

It was a good fight , but I agree people are getting way to excited calling it FOTY, Jim Miller is a really good fighter but he completely bores me TBH

Miller/lauzon was a good fight. JDS vs. Cain wasn't too bad. Most other fights were garbage.

Zuffa needs to really start stacking up these ppv cards. They think because they give people free cards all the time with Fox they can get away with these watered down ppv cards.

Yeah damn guys for getting hurt

Don't forget this was supposed to have Forrest/Sonnen, Forrest/Davis, Gray Maynard, Koch/Lamas, and Weidman.

The Prelims were really good, Miller/Louson was a FOTY candidate and seeing Cain win back his belt was worth the money alone.

Not a good event.

It wasn't the matchups though, they were fine

I thought it was pretty bad. Buffalo Wild Wings cleared out a lot throughout the fight card, not a lot of people stayed for the main event, and a couple of the people I went with were falling a sleep almost haha
Really!? That's surprising. I was shocked the place I go to had so many people :eek: Just for the main event :icon_lol:
Ufc has sucked all year
I wouldn't say it sucked this year, but it has been somewhat disappointing. This will only lead to an exciting year for MMA next year (have you seen the next 7 events!? crazy!)

Sounds like fun people to be around

The whole card could have been worse... Def nothing worth watching again or anything.

It was a pretty bad event. Lauzon-Miller and Cain-JDS was good but the first 3 fights on the main card were awful. On the undercard Wineland-Picket was good but I felt Guillard-Varner was a little underwhelming. The rest of the prelims were bad too.

It was a good card. People are just butthurt some fan favs lost. Leben lost, contenders Belcher and Boetsch lost and JDS got his ass kicked.

I like Leben but am not really emotionally invested in whether he wins or loses. I have come to accept that he is just not that good. I like him because he always brings it. As for the other guys, I'm not a fan of any of them. The only fighter aside from Leben I was rooting for the whole night was Cain and he won. I should be happy about the card... but I'm not. Why? Because the card sucked and I feel like I wasted my time on it.

Good thing I had a bunch of friends over and saw it for free.

Main card wasn't very good other than Miller-JLau, but the prelims were excellent.

The card lost a lot of notable names to its initial offering. As such the final presentation was far different than how they intended to end the year. Having said that, the line up seemed, at least to me, to still have potential to all be fairly entertaining bouts. Unfortunately what you put on paper doesn't always translate to success when it plays out.
The first 3 fights ended up a bit lackluster to what they could have been. But that's not the UFC's fault. They can't draw up how the fights play out, only try to put entertaining or marquee fights together amidst available fighters and injuries and whatever other circumstances arise. They did a pretty good job when you realize how different this card looked from what it started out as. It had potential to still have entertaining matches on its main card, top to bottom, it just didn't play out that way unfortunately.
The main and co main still produced.

i am not getting all the hate for this card... it had some poor fights like leben v brunson but miller v lauzon was a foty contender (not sure if the really already gave it to rousey or not, but if they did than that is a joke) melvin v varner was a great fight and so was cain v jds

every event is the worst event on here, but all i know is that i had a good time eating talking and watching some good fights.

Exactly the same for me, maybe the food made the fights better than they actually were:icon_lol:

The main and co-main saved it from complete disaster. I was relieved to have those fights wake me up and wrap up the night on a positive note.

Back