awesome training video!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

forge5416

White Belt
Reaction score
hey everybody, matt from team forge here. we are new to sherdogs forum but we wud be honoured to share with you some of our training ideas. if you like training and motivational videos check out our training video(s). we shot and edited it ourselves and wud love to share it with you.

YouTube - Team Forge MMA training

we believe that team forge represents the future of mma conditioning and we wanted to make a video that inspires people and shows the relevance of some our our training methods, plus its a tribute to the guys who go out there and sweat and toil everyday.

feel free to ask any questions about training or our methods and i will happily get back to you.

hey dude. im not great with technology so i dont understand why u cant watch it through the link. i can tell u how to find it if u want?

in answer to ur question about training methods they are all about the power of belief! we assess our client and ask them ther goals and then forge them into a higher version of themself. a version of them they only dreamed they could attain. its a combination of psychological re programming and extreme conditioning. some of the stuff we get people to has to been seen to be believed. again, feel free to ask any questions. of u cud look for me on facebook. matt towers, wirral, uk.

It starts with 2 guys mud wrestling with lousy technique.......Then progressing to a guy doing mitt work and burpess in the snow. My personal favorite was when he was doing a full clean and press in the snow, with a gas mask on, while a guy punches him in the stomach. if you can't tell i'm being sarcastic and a lot of the stuff they're doing is lame.

I do like gas mask activities though closer to fight time. When I first got into the military, my team leader was a sniper with a never ending tank and would take us on gas mask runs all the time. We even played basketball games in gas masks. For those of you that don't know, when you breath in a gas mask you can only take slow steady breaths or else you will only get like 70% of the needed oxygen and will soon go into oxygen dep. So any activity is much rougher.

I'm not trying to bash you forge but I fail to see how doing burpees in the snow is going to help performance in a ring or cage.

I'm not trying to bash you forge but I fail to see how doing burpees in the snow is going to help performance in a ring or cage.

You obviously haven't learned anything from Rocky IV then.

Me not being able to watch that video has to do with the fact that Sony likes copyrights. Who knew.

How do your methods make your fighters better? Do you target strength, conditioning, or endurance depending on a weakness or is your team all about one aspect? How do you measure progress? Or do you just run your fighters to the ground?

I know he is on a fight "team" and I'm not trying to defend his video, but not everyone trains to fight in a cage or ring.

When I was training, we were encouraged to spar in small spaces(example: elevator), or varying depths of water. We did drills where we fought multiple opponents at once, or where we could only use one hand.

We didn't train specifically to fight in competition, but to be able to respond and react in whatever situation we were in.

I know he is on a fight "team" and I'm not trying to defend his video, but not everyone trains to fight in a cage or ring.

When I was training, we were encouraged to spar in small spaces(example: elevator), or varying depths of water. We did drills where we fought multiple opponents at once, or where we could only use one hand.

We didn't train specifically to fight in competition, but to be able to respond and react in whatever situation we were in.

I cannot recall the last time I got into a fight in an elevator

hey everybody, matt from team forge here. we are new to sherdogs forum but we wud be honoured to share with you some of our training ideas. if you like training and motivational videos check out our training video(s). we shot and edited it ourselves and wud love to share it with you.

YouTube - Team Forge MMA training

we believe that team forge represents the future of mma conditioning and we wanted to make a video that inspires people and shows the relevance of some our our training methods, plus its a tribute to the guys who go out there and sweat and toil everyday.

feel free to ask any questions about training or our methods and i will happily get back to you.

Good job on the vids, I have watched two of them so far.
One thing that I was wondering about was the guys that were doing the deadlifts with the masks on and at the end of the pull they were jumping into the air. What benefit does that have? Some of the training looks a little much for my taste, but to each his own I guess.:D

You know how I know you are gay?

This pretty much answers that:

[...] training methods are all about the power of belief! [...] forge them into a higher version of themself. a version of them they only dreamed they could attain. [...] psychological re programming and extreme conditioning.[...] has to been seen to be believed. [...]

I cannot recall the last time I got into a fight in an elevator

A guy I was on an elevator with farted and I'm pretty sure it was on purpose. But I didn't start a fight over it; I just rose above. Not in the figurative sense -- I climbed up to the top of the elevator car and rose above his fart stench to where the air was still clear.

A guy I was on an elevator with farted and I'm pretty sure it was on purpose. But I didn't start a fight over it; I just rose above. Not in the figurative sense -- I climbed up to the top of the elevator car and rose above his fart stench to where the air was still clear.

I guess it could happen. Isn't that what M. Night Shyamalamlama whatever the hell his name is new movie Devil is about? If I'm ever in an elevator and I need to fight the devil I will be sure to refer to [X Michael X] for advice.

^ What do you mean? That was the "future of mma conditioning". Haven't you been paying attention?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back