Awesome New JB Interview *Updated!*

I'm going to start smoking weed post workout, its getting harder to get good weed though, alot of dealers are putting glass in it now to make it look like it is more crystalized.

I'm going to start smoking weed post workout, its getting harder to get good weed though, alot of dealers are putting glass in it now to make it look like it is more crystalized.

I think it's more of a rest day thing as opposed to pwo.

...why would anyone want 'crystalized' weed?

So just finished listening to the whole interview. Alot of info I already knew, but I hadn't heard his take on test before. I was also interested in when he talked about how many hours a week a person should work out as well. Obviously this changes depending on a persons goals, but I definitely think I need to up my hours per week.

Man he really hits hard with the hours per week. He said minimum was 5 hours per week. lol ...all of suddenly 30 mins 6 days a week is nothing. What type of workout routine does he lay out?

Man he really hits hard with the hours per week. He said minimum was 5 hours per week. lol ...all of suddenly 30 mins 6 days a week is nothing. What type of workout routine does he lay out?

I mean right now I'm able to work out 6 days a week, about 45-90 mins per, but I just graduated and am looking for a job, so I have no other responsibilities(yes its awesome). I think he's slightly jaded working with professional athletes, canadian bobsledding and hockey teams the last I heard. Obviously if your job depends on your physical fitness you're going to be putting in more hours per week.

5 hours is really easy to hit even with a full schedule. Most people around here train BJJ/MT at least a few times a week. Combine that with some gym time or just more training time and you are set.

Even for non-fighters, it isn't that difficult to reach 5 hours. 3 days in the gym should be the absolute minimum for otherwise sedentary individuals. With cardio on off days or even more gym time, 5 hours could be easily reached.

Another Idea that guys like Thibs recommened is NEPA (Non Exercise Physical Activity). Basicly it's just a fancy way of saying walk more and be more passively active, ie, taking the stairs, parking further away, etc. It adds up to a lot of kcals burnt over a several month period. Although it may not put you in that G-flux, itll certainly help in the long run.

not to sound snarky or anything, but you have over 2200 posts in about 3 years on sherdog...maybe that would have gotten you an extra hour or so per week? :icon_chee

I mean right now I'm able to work out 6 days a week, about 45-90 mins per, but I just graduated and am looking for a job, so I have no other responsibilities(yes its awesome). I think he's slightly jaded working with professional athletes, canadian bobsledding and hockey teams the last I heard. Obviously if your job depends on your physical fitness you're going to be putting in more hours per week.

Well thats what I mean. When I was laid off I was working out 6 hours a week and that was for a few months. Thats nice when you don't work but when you are putting in a full workweek plus the other tons of commitments then 5 hours can be pain in the ass at times. Not that it can't be done.

5 hours is really easy to hit even with a full schedule. Most people around here train BJJ/MT at least a few times a week. Combine that with some gym time or just more training time and you are set.

Even for non-fighters, it isn't that difficult to reach 5 hours. 3 days in the gym should be the absolute minimum for otherwise sedentary individuals. With cardio on off days or even more gym time, 5 hours could be easily reached.

Right but Im wondering about the whole routine. I mean for time's sake I cram working out into 30 mins or less 6 days a week. Superset 30 sec rest full body workouts(I bust my ass in the gym in that time) every other day right now and HIIT cardio on non-lifting days. It actually comes out to 153 mins a week. So right now im 147 mins from his minimum, about half of it. Im not trying to be a professional athlete but I was shocked on how he judging the workout by time per week instead of actual activity. I mean for example if I do a 21 min HIIT set at the gym and some housewife is walking at a snails pace for an hour talking on the cell phone who's burning more calories?

Has anybody read his book....does he give workout routines for the entire week for different people?

edit* also wanted to add - He mentioned you need to take 10 grams of fish oil per day. Damn, I was only at like 6

Thanks! Berardi is always worth a listen. I appreciate his candor on controversial topics.

Back