AWA Team Challenge Series Roster

TankAbbott

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Checking my review notes from the Team Challenge Series "draft" episode. . It's actually funny/sad to watch as the storyline AWA execs blunder things during the "draft" and it feels very true to life. They are supposed to have the wrestler names in a bingo ball hopper but screw up several times and force Lee Marshall to ramble on to cover for them. (The show also features Larry Z cutting a promo on the Christian Elite. )

Here's the full draft: Larry's Legends: Ken Patera, Akio Sato, Wayne Bloom, Mike Enos, Bob Orton, Ivan Koloff, Jake Milliman, Kokina Maximus

Sarge: Jerry Blackwell, The Fulton Bros., Johnnie Stewart, Pat Tanaka, Rocky Stone, THE UNKNOWN SOLDIER, Col. Debeers

Baron: Mike George, Paul Diamond, Big Van Vader, Todd Becker, Derrick Dukes, Tommy Jammer, The Russian Brute , Trooper

WILD CARDS: Ricky Steamboat, Big John Studd, Nikita Koloff, Rock and Roll Express, Bam Bam Bigelow, Hector and Mando, Greg Gagne

All I remember is watching the matches on ESPN, which took place in an empty TV studio.

Shame that Verne was so far behind the times.

Ahhh, the death throes of the AWA; it spawned so much wrestlecrap.

All I remember is watching the matches on ESPN, which took place in an empty TV studio.

Shame that Verne was so far behind the times.

Best match from that taping is Doug Somers playing to the crowd...which doesn't exist.

Greg Gagne explained the Pink room away as them hiring somebody who told them he could green screen a crowd in - but then deal came apart, so we just got the pink screen.

Back