Avg Fighter Pay w/o sponsors= $53,900 for UFC 185-189

i could care less about fighter pay, if its not enough get a new job.

You have no clue what you're talking about

I know exactly what I'm talking about, dummy. His pay was reported. If he'd been paid more, there's absolutely no reason not to tell people about it, except to keep fighters and fans from finding out what's up so the UFC can keep ripping people off.

I know exactly what I'm talking about, dummy. His pay was reported. If he'd been paid more, there's absolutely no reason not to tell people about it, except to keep fighters and fans from finding out what's up so the UFC can keep ripping people off.

actually you are wrong there. the commissions require a contracted minimum pay on a per fight basis written into the bout agreement that the promoter(UFC) must prepay in full into an escrow account before the event happens. That way the promoter can't take the money and run without paying fighters.
This is all the commissions report and care about.

That is the reason ppv points and full pay isn't disclosed. I am good friends with a few UFC fighters and yes almost everyone gets more pay than is reported by the commission.

His guaranteed pay was reported, not his full pay
We seen contracts, had fighters (even on here) openly say they make a lot more than AC disclosed pay, etc.
You refusing to believe, is YOUR issue ... lol

actually you are wrong there. the commissions require a contracted minimum pay on a per fight basis written into the bout agreement that the promoter(UFC) must prepay in full into an escrow account before the event happens. That way the promoter can't take the money and run without paying fighters.
This is all the commissions report and care about.

That is the reason ppv points and full pay isn't disclosed. I am good friends with a few UFC fighters and yes almost everyone gets more pay than is reported by the commission.

A former Bellator exec explained that Bellator paid fighters more than disclosed & why as well.
So fighters acknowledge it, execs acknowledge it, contracts proved it & that still is not proof to some lol

These guys are sub-contractors with significant expenses. If you were to tell me that they make $50k+ net income, and the UFC paid for all of their training, gym, travel, etc., then that'd be one thing.

It's certainly possible that these average guys are clearing $30k or less per year. That means at least half of the UFC fighters are making less, which is really struggling to get by.

Extrapolating from the data (including the fact that averages / means are skewed by a few highly-paid fighters), I think a maximum of 20% of UFC fighters are making even a decent living doing it.

UFC Fighter Ian McCall said he made a lot that wasn't AC reported - http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/7/16/3162364/ufc-ian-mccall-fighter-pay-mma-news

the UFC pays you to do your job, if you do it than you get paid good.. in my UFC debut i made over 80,000... thats a lot of money for a division half the MMA community didn't know existed!!

i love all of you guys, most of you know my life story, i just wanted you to know that i get taken care of by the UFC real well, ESPECIALLY when it comes to $!

All i gotta do now is beat the crap out of someone and move forward and start making anderson moneyyy !!!!!!! :)

So, it looks like McCall got about 4 times what was reported to the commission, plus his sponsorship money.

I came into this thread expecting to see some actual math to make your point.

Instead you copy pasted a bunch of links and then made poorly thought opinion statements.

Add all the numbers and divide by 50 retard.

Last edited:
These guys are sub-contractors with significant expenses. If you were to tell me that they make $50k+ net income, and the UFC paid for all of their training, gym, travel, etc., then that'd be one thing..

UFC covers fight week travel/expenses plus has all the bottom guys on medical

What the fuck else am I supposed to do except talk? You want me to break into Dana's house and kidnap him? You wanker, this will never change if everyone just keeps silent.

Talk shit people!! Talk!!

Take the second option I gave you. As is stands now you watch all the fights then you bitch about their wage and call Dana names. Kick back sherbro. You don't have a solution, you just have tears. Shut up.

Averages are heavily inflated by the top earning outliers.

Take the second option I gave you. As is stands now you watch all the fights then you bitch about their wage and call Dana names. Kick back sherbro. You don't have a solution, you just have tears. Shut up.

I'm going to triple the amount I post about this just because it annoys you, you douchebag.

UFC covers fight week travel/expenses plus has all the bottom guys on medical

UFC only covers some expenses, far from all. They only pay for the fighter's travel plus I think one other person. Fighters feel they need more than one person to be successful. UFC's medical program isn't like a regular employer's medical program either: does it offer a family plan?

And it still doesn't pay for any training or typical overhead costs.

So no, its attempts to pay travel and medical are minimal at best, and people shouldn't buy into the PR.

Back