Avg Fighter Pay w/o sponsors= $53,900 for UFC 185-189

that's a shitty guarantee since its not true.

Uncle Creepy and Sean Mccorkle have come out and said they received locker room bonuses that doubled their pay....even with a loss.

Feel free to google your heart out. there are a bunch of fighters that have talked about the locker room bonuses.

They got like 20k, that's where I got that figure.

But i'm sure that Rory got hundreds of thousands more for being a draw and shortening his life. :(

If Rory was an HBO boxer (non-PPV) he would be guaranteed 500k +, on the lower end.

if anyone is interested the median is 28,000
mode is 24,000

Nobody cares about the mid card guys, it's the main event er that usually bring in the fans /Money, so if anybody should be complaining its the top guys. The UFC could replace the full under card with regional fighters and it wouldn't hurt them.

If Rory was an HBO boxer (non-PPV) he would be guaranteed 500k +, on the lower end.

If Rory was an eagle he could fly, but he's not an eagle and he's not an HBO boxer. He's also not griping about his pay and almost certainly doesn't need you to do it for him. If he's fine with it, why do you care?

If Rory was an eagle he could fly, but he's not an eagle and he's not an HBO boxer. He's also not griping about his pay and almost certainly doesn't need you to do it for him. If he's fine with it, why do you care?

Why do you care if I care? shill.

ZUFFA makes Don King blush, like mentioned already.

The "average fighter pay" is a LOT different from the "pay of an average fighter."

Remove the few top fighters in each weight class, and that "average" drops significantly.

Either way, $50,000 per fight can't even be remotely compared to game checks in other sports, since MMA fighters only make 3-4 appearances per year. The Patriots backup quarterback, Matt Flynn, also makes over $50,000 per match, but gets to do it every week for 16 weeks (and he gets paid even if he's injured).

Why do you care if I care? shill.

ZUFFA makes Don King blush, like mentioned already.

Just interested in the psychology of a person who complains on behalf of another person who is satisfied with the situation.

Call me a shill if being a shill is having enough respect for Rory to let him handle his own financial dealings without my help or an even more insulting critique that he didn't negotiate a better deal.

Fight of the night bonus's aren't dependable, and where does it say he made 30k on the reebok deal? I'm not doubting it I just haven't seen that. Even with fotn and the extra 30, that's 139k for a title fight\absolute war. Dana White gambles into the millions. Millions! While his fighters are making sweet fuck all.

All this whole "locker room bonus" bullshit has got to end. "Duhh, he probably got more, probably, in the locker room" - that means nothing. I can say he probably didn't get any more, because why pay more than you have too when you have a monopoly on the sport and have a guy already locked into a shitty contract? Neither of us has any backup for our claims, except mine actually make sense whereas yours are based on hopes and dreams.

Either do something about it or shut up already.

Don King has almost certainly killed more people though

True, but the bro's come from a 'colorful' background.

Someone brought up a good point about the mid-carders not really being relevant, and unfortunately that is true. But guys like Rory should be making the same as Danny Garcia etc. Actually, i'd like to see Haymon come in to MMA and cause a big shift, not that he's a good guy but at least he shares more of the profits with his fighters.

I didn't look at the numbers but what is the point of averaging the pay per fighter? I mean if one guy makes $200k and another makes $0, there's technically an average of $100k per fighter but it's still not fair.

I didn't look at the numbers but what is the point of averaging the pay per fighter? I mean if one guy makes $200k and another makes $0, there's technically an average of $100k per fighter but it's still not fair.

thats why you look at the median pay, which is actually 28,000

So after seeing that idiotic janitor thread I did some math.
http://mma-manifesto.com/ufc-fighte...n/ufc-185-fighter-purses-attendance-gate.html
http://mma-manifesto.com/ufc-fighte...ufc-186-fighter-salaries-attendance-gate.html
http://www.mmamania.com/2015/5/26/8...laries-chris-weidman-anthony-johnson-500k-mma
http://mma-manifesto.com/ufc-fighte...ufc-188-fighter-salaries-attendance-gate.html
http://www.mmamania.com/2015/7/13/8...cgregor-chad-mendes-500k-apiece-las-vegas-mma

That's only reported pay. No locker room bonus, no reebok bonus. I know it's not a million dollars, but I'd take $54,000 for stepping into the cage one time.
Yeah there are people who make less, and way more. The point is, that's the average reported payout. Not $10,000 and not $25,000 a year.

brain damage should yield higher expected returns

The UFC seemed ecstatic that many of their fighters would be given 2500 -5000 from Reebok. That seemed very fair and reasonable to the UFC. In fact they were super excited for the fighters and about this development.

So peanuts seem right to them but clearly the UFC gives fighters like $50,000 super secret locker room bonuses all the time. I'd say most get like $150,000 in super secret locker room monies.

Median for UFC pay last few events: 28000
median for WSOF pay last few events: 3000
median for bellator pay last few events: 8000

thats why you look at the median pay, which is actually 28,000

Median pay wouldn't work unless the numbers followed a pattern in terms of pay i.e. 10, 12, 14, 16 (in thousands) etc. Finding a median for a data set which has so many repeated numbers and no pattern isn't statistically accuracte. What you'd want to do is eliminate outliers based on a statistical test, then re-calculate a mean.

Either do something about it or shut up already.

What the fuck else am I supposed to do except talk? You want me to break into Dana's house and kidnap him? You wanker, this will never change if everyone just keeps silent.

Talk shit people!! Talk!!

Median pay wouldn't work unless the numbers followed a pattern in terms of pay i.e. 10, 12, 14, 16 (in thousands) etc. Finding a median for a data set which has so many repeated numbers and no pattern isn't statistically accuracte. What you'd want to do is eliminate outliers based on a statistical test, then re-calculate a mean.

very true, I'm too lazy to do that now though lol. I think 28,000 is definitely closer than 59000 though.

maybe sometime when I'm not as busy i'll write a python script to scrape the number and calculate things correctly. Would be interesting to see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back