Avengers - Secret Wars

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by MescalineDreams, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Randlewand Purple Belt

Pre-retcon Beyonder surpasses everyone.

2. MescalineDreams Steel Belt

T is in the mid 800's bud, far from it.

Why is some aussie shit poster tryna talk?

Lmao, who the fuck are u

Stay in ur lane kid

U aren't on my level.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
  3. Batjester Thanos is right.

I'm with you, the Beyonder was just stupid.

KnightTemplar and Randlewand like this.
  4. Wet Blanket Everyone's Favorite Canadian

Yeah I was being serious!

5. Aegon Spengler Gold Belt

Someone asked Tom King (Batman, Green Lantern, buncha-other-stuff writer) who the most powerful person in comics was at a Fan Expo I went too. He said Alan Moore riding a camel could probably make anything happen in any comic he wanted

funny dude

Randlewand likes this.
  6. KnightTemplar Halloween Belt Platinum Member

In terms of power, yeah. But he's boring as fuck. Also, Doom actually steals part of the Beyonder's power at one point.

7. armbarforhire Black Belt

He was just a MacGuffin to get a bunch of heroes and villains together and fight.

Randlewand and KnightTemplar like this.
  8. Randlewand Purple Belt

He was, but he's also grown into a legend at this point.

Secret Wars is also the next big event of that comic book era. I think it's inevitable it will happen at some point.

9. Streeter Red Belt

Got to agree that Doom is by far the most charismatic and fun big bad they could have. Galactus and Beyonder while both more powerful than Doom are kinda bland .

KnightTemplar likes this.
  10. hillelslovak87 Steel Belt

HOLY SHIT. I had the issue with Black Symbiote Spiderman from the second row of the first pic. I also had the one with Cyclops' face in the first row of the second pic.

Those, along with an Amazing Spiderman #12, the holograph issue of Carnage's first appearance in Spiderman and the first holograph issue of War Machine were all destroyed when our elderly dog pissed off a staircase down onto a little crate I had holding them.

My 10 year old ass was sooooooooooo sad.

-Magua- likes this.
  11. Streeter Red Belt

Hoping since they seem to want to bring Thanos back hope... it's the Heart of the Universe arch.

12. KnightTemplar Halloween Belt Platinum Member

Exactly. What makes Doom so interesting is that he's basically just a human, albeit an incredibly intelligent and strong-willed one. He wasn't born with Super Powers, but a combination of scientific genius, magical prowess and utter ruthlessness allows Doom to stand and bang with the Gods themselves.

Also, while Doom is a vindictive, cruel, arrogant, manipulative bastard, he does have a(very)warped code of honour. If Doom gives his word, even to an enemy, he will not break it. Of course, Doom is one of the smartest men alive, and is perfectly capable of screwing people over while still keeping to the exact words of his oath if he doesn't respect them. He's also in the past refused to fight opponents who for some reason haven't had a Full Training Camp, since Doom believes such easy victories are meaningless and beneath him.

And while he rules Latveria with an iron fist(literally)he does care for his people in his own twisted way. For a tiny, land-locked Slavic country, they enjoy remarkable levels of education, health and security, as long as they obey Dooms laws. Crime is almost non-existent and anyone who attempts to attack Latverians is going to have to answer to the most dangerous man in the world. It's not only fear of Doom that keeps most Latverians loyal to him. Many take the view that while Doom is a monster, he's their monster.

MescalineDreams and -Magua- like this.
  13. KnightTemplar Halloween Belt Platinum Member

Agreed. But the MCU rarely adapts the big comic book arcs slavishly. Look at the massive difference between the comic book Civil War and the movie version. I think the MCU Secret Wars will be a combination of the OG series and the later Battleworld/Emperor Doom version.

uppercutbus, Randlewand and -Magua- like this.
  14. KnightTemplar Halloween Belt Platinum Member

Think you're right. I know it was Slaymaster, a recurring foe of her brother, Captain Britain, who gouged out her eyes. Captain Britain then returned the favour with interest: he crushed Slaymaster's skull with a chunk of concrete, killing him.

15. TTech Purple Belt

Definitely one of the best animated series. So much better than Spider-man shows today, he was just so much more likeable and Spidey like and the writing intriguing.

I was so miserable :) cause they never finished and I never read the comics. What happens next in the comics. I forget a bit but at the end of the show he was going after MJ, becase only her clone remained here or sth. What happened?

16. MescalineDreams Steel Belt

Nah this was way after that

The ending was basically secret wars arc, followed by spider carnage (spiderman from a different dimension) trying to destroy all of time and space.

It was an epic series.

17. TrueBias Silver Belt

This sounds fantastic. Id love a short clip of this in any form.

18. MescalineDreams Steel Belt

Enjoyable writeup

<mma4>

Marvel is deeep man.. I never fully appreciated it until I was older.

19. horc00 Brown Belt

When they first announced the Venom movie, I was secretly hoping they'd introduce the symbiote by having Thanos and crew accidentally bringing in from outer space.

20. TTech Purple Belt

Yeah but what happens after he goes witH mad. Web when she tells him theyll look for the real MJ in s5 ep. 13, the very last episode, the very last scene.. Was that even in the comics? Do they find her,what happens to the clone? ;) curious

Last edited: Aug 3, 2020