Avengers - Secret Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.
In that particular fight? They end up crashing through a window, falling off a cliff into the sea, separating on impact. Rogue has to dive in after them and pull Wolverine away before he drowns, he's so focussed on trying to finish off Sabretooth.

Agreed. Doom needs to be the next MCU Big Bad. He's the only character who can surpass Thanos.

Pre-retcon Beyonder surpasses everyone.

Your way too fem to have a beard.
T is in the mid 800's bud, far from it.

Why is some aussie shit poster tryna talk?

Lmao, who the fuck are u

Stay in ur lane kid

U aren't on my level.

Last edited:
Dude! McConaughey is actually a really good call!
If anyone could pull it off with some actual class and
likability it would be him.

The McConaissance continues

Yeah I was being serious!

Pre-retcon Beyonder surpasses everyone.

Someone asked Tom King (Batman, Green Lantern, buncha-other-stuff writer) who the most powerful person in comics was at a Fan Expo I went too. He said Alan Moore riding a camel could probably make anything happen in any comic he wanted

funny dude

He was just a MacGuffin to get a bunch of heroes and villains together and fight.

He was, but he's also grown into a legend at this point.

Secret Wars is also the next big event of that comic book era. I think it's inevitable it will happen at some point.

In terms of power, yeah. But he's boring as fuck. Also, Doom actually steals part of the Beyonder's power at one point.
Got to agree that Doom is by far the most charismatic and fun big bad they could have. Galactus and Beyonder while both more powerful than Doom are kinda bland .

Is Secret Wars the one where Spidey comes back wearing the black symbiotic suit ?

Remember walking into the comic shop and seeing him swinging across the cover with the tag line " The rumours are true...."

Classic cover.

Comic book series was great.
One of my favorites right up there with X-men vs Marauders.

images

X-men Marauder Mutant Massacre.
images

HOLY SHIT. I had the issue with Black Symbiote Spiderman from the second row of the first pic. I also had the one with Cyclops' face in the first row of the second pic.

Those, along with an Amazing Spiderman #12, the holograph issue of Carnage's first appearance in Spiderman and the first holograph issue of War Machine were all destroyed when our elderly dog pissed off a staircase down onto a little crate I had holding them.

My 10 year old ass was sooooooooooo sad.

Hoping since they seem to want to bring Thanos back hope... it's the Heart of the Universe arch.

Got to agree that Doom is by far the most charismatic and fun big bad they could have. Galactus and Beyonder while both more powerful than Doom are kinda bland .

Exactly. What makes Doom so interesting is that he's basically just a human, albeit an incredibly intelligent and strong-willed one. He wasn't born with Super Powers, but a combination of scientific genius, magical prowess and utter ruthlessness allows Doom to stand and bang with the Gods themselves.

Also, while Doom is a vindictive, cruel, arrogant, manipulative bastard, he does have a(very)warped code of honour. If Doom gives his word, even to an enemy, he will not break it. Of course, Doom is one of the smartest men alive, and is perfectly capable of screwing people over while still keeping to the exact words of his oath if he doesn't respect them. He's also in the past refused to fight opponents who for some reason haven't had a Full Training Camp, since Doom believes such easy victories are meaningless and beneath him.

And while he rules Latveria with an iron fist(literally)he does care for his people in his own twisted way. For a tiny, land-locked Slavic country, they enjoy remarkable levels of education, health and security, as long as they obey Dooms laws. Crime is almost non-existent and anyone who attempts to attack Latverians is going to have to answer to the most dangerous man in the world. It's not only fear of Doom that keeps most Latverians loyal to him. Many take the view that while Doom is a monster, he's their monster.

He was, but he's also grown into a legend at this point.

Secret Wars is also the next big event of that comic book era. I think it's inevitable it will happen at some point.

Agreed. But the MCU rarely adapts the big comic book arcs slavishly. Look at the massive difference between the comic book Civil War and the movie version. I think the MCU Secret Wars will be a combination of the OG series and the later Battleworld/Emperor Doom version.

Pretty sure that came later

Think you're right. I know it was Slaymaster, a recurring foe of her brother, Captain Britain, who gouged out her eyes. Captain Britain then returned the favour with interest: he crushed Slaymaster's skull with a chunk of concrete, killing him.

A taste of what is to come in the movies

God damn this series was legendary

Must watch

Definitely one of the best animated series. So much better than Spider-man shows today, he was just so much more likeable and Spidey like and the writing intriguing.

I was so miserable :) cause they never finished and I never read the comics. What happens next in the comics. I forget a bit but at the end of the show he was going after MJ, becase only her clone remained here or sth. What happened?

Definitely one of the best animated series. So much better than Spider-man shows today, he was just so much more likeable and Spidey like and the writing intriguing.

I was so miserable :) cause they never finished and I never read the comics. What happens next in the comics. I forget a bit but at the end of the show he was going after MJ, becase only her clone remained here or sth. What happened?
Nah this was way after that

The ending was basically secret wars arc, followed by spider carnage (spiderman from a different dimension) trying to destroy all of time and space.

It was an epic series.

Psylock being hunted by Sabretooth through the X Mansion was genuinely chilling. Especially since Creed is basically a serial killer with superhuman powers. He's just playing with her; she throws a dumbbell at him and he crushes it in his bare hands. When she reads Sabretooth and Wolverine's minds while they are ripping each other apart, she comments that both men eagerly give up any vestiges of humanity and let animal instinct take over,

"They so love what they do..."
This sounds fantastic. Id love a short clip of this in any form.

Exactly. What makes Doom so interesting is that he's basically just a human, albeit an incredibly intelligent and strong-willed one. He wasn't born with Super Powers, but a combination of scientific genius, magical prowess and utter ruthlessness allows Doom to stand and bang with the Gods themselves.

Also, while Doom is a vindictive, cruel, arrogant, manipulative bastard, he does have a(very)warped code of honour. If Doom gives his word, even to an enemy, he will not break it. Of course, Doom is one of the smartest men alive, and is perfectly capable of screwing people over while still keeping to the exact words of his oath if he doesn't respect them. He's also in the past refused to fight opponents who for some reason haven't had a Full Training Camp, since Doom believes such easy victories are meaningless and beneath him.

And while he rules Latveria with an iron fist(literally)he does care for his people in his own twisted way. For a tiny, land-locked Slavic country, they enjoy remarkable levels of education, health and security, as long as they obey Dooms laws. Crime is almost non-existent and anyone who attempts to attack Latverians is going to have to answer to the most dangerous man in the world. It's not only fear of Doom that keeps most Latverians loyal to him. Many take the view that while Doom is a monster, he's their monster.
Enjoyable writeup

<mma4>

Marvel is deeep man.. I never fully appreciated it until I was older.

There's a theory that the scene in Endgame where Professor Hulk holds up the Avengers Compound is a homage to the scene in the OG Secret Wars - there have been at least three major story arcs with that title - when the Hulk had to hold a mountain on his back to save the rest of the heroes.

The Russo's have said that Secret Wars would be the only movie they would come back to Marvel to direct.

Is Secret Wars the one where Spidey comes back wearing the black symbiotic suit ?

Remember walking into the comic shop and seeing him swinging across the cover with the tag line " The rumours are true...."

Classic cover.

When they first announced the Venom movie, I was secretly hoping they'd introduce the symbiote by having Thanos and crew accidentally bringing in from outer space.

Nah this was way after that

The ending was basically secret wars arc, followed by spider carnage (spiderman from a different dimension) trying to destroy all of time and space.

It was an epic series.

Yeah but what happens after he goes witH mad. Web when she tells him theyll look for the real MJ in s5 ep. 13, the very last episode, the very last scene.. Was that even in the comics? Do they find her,what happens to the clone? ;) curious

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back