Avengers - Secret Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a theory that the scene in Endgame where Professor Hulk holds up the Avengers Compound is a homage to the scene in the OG Secret Wars - there have been at least three major story arcs with that title - when the Hulk had to hold a mountain on his back to save the rest of the heroes.

The Russo's have said that Secret Wars would be the only movie they would come back to Marvel to direct.

Is Secret Wars the one where Spidey comes back wearing the black symbiotic suit ?

Remember walking into the comic shop and seeing him swinging across the cover with the tag line " The rumours are true...."

Classic cover.

Comic book series was great.
One of my favorites right up there with X-men vs Marauders.

images

X-men Marauder Mutant Massacre.
images

images

You're not allowed to post those on here as I could never get them where I lived in the UK and you am making me jelly.

You're not allowed to post those on here as I could never get them where I lived in the UK and you am making me jelly.
The X men vs Marauder series was better.
Darker, grittier, & better... as they fell apart after getting ass handed often repeatedly early on. All the X teams did in some fashion early on.

Best thing was the internal drama/crisis that was going with most/many characters involved in that crossover from Thor to (no power Storm) & a few x men biting the bullet.

Last edited:
Darker, grittier, & better... as they fell apart after getting ass handed often repeatedly early on. All the X teams did in some fashion early on.

Best thing was the internal drama/crisis that was going with most/many characters involved in that crossover from Thor to (no power Storm) & a few x men biting the bullet.

La la la la la I can't hear you !!!!

images

X-men Marauder Mutant Massacre.
images

Mutant Massacre is one of the best storylines in comics (Kraven's Last Hunt being up there too).

Really enjoyed Secret Wars. Wasn't a fan of black suit Spidey though.

Psylock being hunted by Sabretooth through the X Mansion was genuinely chilling. Especially since Creed is basically a serial killer with superhuman powers. He's just playing with her; she throws a dumbbell at him and he crushes it in his bare hands. When she reads Sabretooth and Wolverine's minds while they are ripping each other apart, she comments that both men eagerly give up any vestiges of humanity and let animal instinct take over,

"They so love what they do..."

Psylock being hunted by Sabretooth through the X Mansion was genuinely chilling. Especially since Creed is basically a serial killer with superhuman powers. He's just playing with her; she throws a dumbbell at him and he crushes it in his bare hands. When she reads Sabretooth and Wolverine's minds while they are ripping each other apart, she comments that both men eagerly give up any vestiges of humanity and let animal instinct take over,

Does Wolvernine stop/kill Sabertooth?

Would be great to see Dr. Doom be the big bad in an Averngers movie.

Forbidden Planet or Comic Showcase reading comics as a kid........ memories

Does Wolvernine stop/kill Sabertooth?

Would be great to see Dr. Doom be the big bad in an Averngers movie.

It's closer to say that Wolverine survives Sabertooth. This is before Wolverine got the Vin Diesel/Hulk Hogan clause in his contract and went 42673-0 against Sabertooth into the 2010s. Up until Mutant Massacre, Sabertooth was a minor assassin villain partnering with Constrictor and taking on Iron Fist and Luke Cage. In 80s Wolverine/X-men, he became the guy who bullies the badass of the Marvel universe. There was serious questions as to whether or not he was Wolverine's father, who he killed, who they killed together. Whenever Logan found a link to his past, he'd go there only to find out that Sabertooth had killed everyone and burnt the place down. Used to taunt him, saying that he was only pretending to be a good guy... to be a human being even... and that the real Logan was trying to find his way back to the forests so he could kill everyday. Good shit.

This is pre-ninja Psyloke. She still wore all that clothing and hadn't switched over to badass in a swimsuit yet.

Cant remember if her eyes had been gouged out yet at this point?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back