AVENGERS: ENDGAME (Dragonlord's Review)

If you have seen AVENGERS: ENDGAME, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
CTFO = Choked The Fuck Out;)
ahhh
Maw died with Thanos and the rest of his army in Endgame, so there won't be a rematch.

Maw was already Steve Rogers type dead by the snap and we know

giphy.gif

but in all seriousness if they do a Strange/Maw rematch it would be because the MCU has now opened the door to the 'Many Worlds' 'Time Travel' path.

Not a path I love but if they go that way I would not mind seeing Strange go back team up with Ancient One as her 'better' and the two of them taking on a few of Strange's toughest foes. You could squeeze Maw in there somewhere.

So now that we know the extent of Thanos's abilities without the stones (he's like base level Hulk with above avg intelligence and fighting skills)....

IMO Ebony Maw seems like the most powerful villain.

Ebony Maw beat Strange one on one in NYC. And it seemed like he was so powerful that Iron Man and Iron Spider had to resort to throwing him into space rather than trying to take him on in a fight.

It's like in Rurouni Kenshin...Shishio is considered the #1 baddie, but his right hand man and protege, that young cheerful boy whose name I forget, seems far more dangerous and skilled than Shishio.

It was definitely established early in phase 2 that Thanos was supposed to be by far the most powerful living character after Odin (Thus he waits for Odin to die before going on his Infinity Stone heist). But now Captain Marvel and Wanda in rage mode are the most powerful of phase 3. Maybe we can add Strange in there...but he did lose to Ebony Maw.

Maw, in the MCU, is just a powerful telekinetic (also very intelligent). He's like Jean Grey without the telepathy and Phoenix Force -- a very formidable foe, but not one of the top tier characters (imo).

He won R1 vs. Strange, but I'd take Strange in the next 14,000,0000 matches.

OT, I saw something on YT re: Hickman's new X-Men storyline -- Apocalypse vs. Nimrod. Looked and sounded amazing.

Rama if you haven’t read House of x 2 yet you’re seriously missing out. It’s insane.

Also the series is so popular house of x 2-3 and powers of x 2 are sold out and already on their 3rd printing.

I missed issue 3 and issue 2 of powers of x that’s how fast they sold out.

Rama if you haven’t read House of x 2 yet you’re seriously missing out. It’s insane.

Also the series is so popular house of x 2-3 and powers of x 2 are sold out and already on their 3rd printing.

I missed issue 3 and issue 2 of powers of x that’s how fast they sold out.

I wanna say I'm going to get them digitally, because it does look awesome, but I'd probably be lying to myself, which I'm used to, but I just can't do that to you man. Not to you.

I wanna say I'm going to get them digitally, because it does look awesome, but I'd probably be lying to myself, which I'm used to, but I just can't do that to you man. Not to you.

Rama this is the only book I’m collecting right now

Did you read up on house of x 1-2 yet. The overall plot and what’s happening.

Rama this is the only book I’m collecting right now

Did you read up on house of x 1-2 yet. The overall plot and what’s happening.

I just got the gist from that YT video .
Something about Moira MacT learning about these catastrophic events from alternate futures so she can build protocols to prevent them from coming about?

giphy.gif

Thor and Cap might be awesome than we first see, but don't sleep on WS either.

Can't quite make out whom the little flippy pistol-looking thing belongs to, tho.

So now that we know the extent of Thanos's abilities without the stones (he's like base level Hulk with above avg intelligence and fighting skills)....

IMO Ebony Maw seems like the most powerful villain.

Ebony Maw beat Strange one on one in NYC. And it seemed like he was so powerful that Iron Man and Iron Spider had to resort to throwing him into space rather than trying to take him on in a fight.

It's like in Rurouni Kenshin...Shishio is considered the #1 baddie, but his right hand man and protege, that young cheerful boy whose name I forget, seems far more dangerous and skilled than Shishio.

It was definitely established early in phase 2 that Thanos was supposed to be by far the most powerful living character after Odin (Thus he waits for Odin to die before going on his Infinity Stone heist). But now Captain Marvel and Wanda in rage mode are the most powerful of phase 3. Maybe we can add Strange in there...but he did lose to Ebony Maw.
Maw has super powerful telekinesis but I didn't get the impression he's particularly durable. You definitely need the right style matchup to deal with him though.
For example, I think Thor would whoop his ass.

Last edited:
Strange is one of my favourite MCU characters, of course, but he did get CTFO by Maw, and while he was able to prevent him from taking the Time Stone by brute force, he needed Stark and Parker to rescue him. That said, he is one of the few heroes who was able to stand and bang with Thanos. His fight with the Mad Titan actually lasts longer than the Hulk's.

Strange is both highly intelligent and a cunning strategist. In comic book terms, he's a Chess Master. He's a bit like Batman in that regard; what he lacks in raw power he makes up for in his ability to manipulate both friends and enemies. It was Strange who saw the 1 in 14,000,000 + chance to beat Thanos. And he knew that it would require Tony to make the ultimate sacrifice. Another trait Strange shares with the Dark Knight; just because he's a hero doesn't mean he's nice. Or as Cumberbatch's Holmes says to Moriarty,

"Oh, I may be on the side of the angels, but don't think for one second that I am one of them".
Strange had the hardest job of anyone in the whole ordeal imo. First he had to sit through watching all those millions of horrible futures, which had to suck, but then he had to willingly let half the universe die- including himself- on the 1 in 14 million chance that it miiiiight be reversed years after by a singular confluence of events. Talk about some stone cold dedication.
Additionally, I don't think Black Widow gets enough credit. She also killed herself knowing full well that it might not make any difference at all. Tony at least had the satisfaction of securing victory with the sacrifice play.

Strange had the hardest job of anyone in the whole ordeal imo. First he had to sit through watching all those millions of horrible futures, which had to suck, but then he had to willingly let half the universe die- including himself- on the 1 in 14 million chance that it miiiiight be reversed years after by a singular confluence of events. Talk about some stone cold dedication.
Additionally, I don't think Black Widow gets enough credit. She also killed herself knowing full well that it might not make any difference at all. Tony at least had the satisfaction of securing victory with the sacrifice play.

The only metal stronger than Vibranium is whatever Doctor Strange's testicles are made of:)

And yes, hespect to Natasha as well:cool:

Maw has super powerful telekinesis but I didn't get the impression he's particularly durable. You definitely need the right style matchup to deal with him though.
For example, I think Thor would whoop his ass.

Maw was a Glass Cannon; incredible offensive capabilities but easily destroyed if you can land a decent shot. He was very skilled at using his Telekinesis to block attacks but if you do land a good one on him, it's all over. IIRC, he gets cut by his own shrapnel when Strange or Wong use the Portals to redirect it at him.

Maw was a Glass Cannon; incredible offensive capabilities but easily destroyed if you can land a decent shot. He was very skilled at using his Telekinesis to block attacks but if you do land a good one on him, it's all over. IIRC, he gets cut by his own shrapnel when Strange or Wong use the Portals to redirect it at him.
Yeah definitely all offense, no defense. Thor would have lightning bolted him to bolivia.

Only way to up the game in the next Marvel Avenger arc would be to get like Dr Doom to get possession of HOTU....... the 1 thing stronger then the IG.

Only way to up the game in the next Marvel Avenger arc would be to get like Dr Doom to get possession of HOTU....... the 1 thing stronger then the IG.
That means bringing back Thanos somehow and then having him go out as the hero , really completes his whole character arc, I'm down as hell for more of that Mad Titan goodness.

Back