AVENGERS: ENDGAME (Dragonlord's Review)

If you have seen AVENGERS: ENDGAME, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
@Dragonlordxxxxx posts on occasion his graphs showing the various MCU properties and where they reside along with how those rights are secured so maybe he will be kind enough to re post.
nDzNUu9.png

With how popular DBZ has become again it's kind of surprising no one is giving it the proper Hollywood treatment. They could really pull it off these days. Even the cheap Japanese anime movies they are doing are starting to look good with their horrible CGI.
Disney got a lot of Fox properties, right? I'm pretty sure Fox have to the rights to Dragon ball films, animated or live action. I wonder if they got given over in the deal.

It's like any time Hollywood tries to adapt something Japanese, they fook it up because they know better and change too much. I hope Gundam doesn't flop.

I would say with Ghost in the Shell the reverse was true, besides getting "woke" flack the problem was they assumed the property was much more popular than it actually was and didn't do enough to inform viewers about it.

They could just crossover with Dragon Ball Z and use the Dragon Balls and wish back Black Widow with pre-boob reduction boobs.
Funny you mention DBZ, that's exactly the reason I wasn't fond of the Red Hulk at the time, it just kind of smacks of creative poverty. The basis of Dragonball is escalation of powers, super saiyan 2 was an iconic transformation, everything after that never felt as meaningful or well thought out. In DB Super when they Freeza turned yellow and goku's hair turned red and blue, it was pretty obvious they completely ran out of ideas. Just randomly changing (hair) color to indicate the zillonth power up is REALLY lame.

Disney got a lot of Fox properties, right? I'm pretty sure Fox have to the rights to Dragon ball films, animated or live action. I wonder if they got given over in the deal.

I didn't even know Fox had the rights. A quick google search shows your right though and that Disney should now have the rights to it.

So i am a little confused by this graphic and what I am reading in the Spiderman, Sony, MCU dispute thread.

This graphic shows Spiderman, just as the Hulk is, owned by both the MCU and Sony (Universal) accordingly.

I thought Sony had the rights to the Solo stuff (again like Universal for Hulk) but the MCU could use Spiderman (like the Hulk) in ensemble stuff?

Is that correct. And if so does that just mean that maybe the MCU could not use Tom Holland without Sony's permission and they might have to cast their own Spiderman? Just as I assume if Universal decided to make a Solo Hulk film they would need the MCU permission to use Ruffalo or they could cast their own again??

Still no fucking clue how everything didnt change after Loki escapes? The loki escape was nt needed n just creates a WTF

I re-watched it last night, and they really should have shortened the Steve Rogers support group scene where gay guy talks about going on a date with other gay guy and they cry during dinner. They also could have shortened the time machine re-used footage of Starlord singing and kicking some little alien gecko, Winter Soldier and Falcon slowly approaching old man Steve on the bench, dumb kids back and forth about not wanting Ant-Man selfie.

Still no fucking clue how everything didnt change after Loki escapes? The loki escape was nt needed n just creates a WTF
Iron Man and Cap went back to an earlier time and stole the tessaract and Cap put it back in that time era. Because of this they didn't have to go back to NY to steal the tessaract that Loki stole.

I'm not directing this at just you because this mistake has been made a bunch. I don't know if people were watching Endgame and browsing their phone simultaneously or what. They specifically said in the movie that any changes made in the past will not change anything in their own timeline. It will simply create a separate time line that they aren't apart of.

You can still feel the energy of Avengers Assemble

Doesn't matter how many times I see it; that moment where Strange holds up one finger, telling Tony that this is their only chance to beat Thanos, still gives me fucking chills:eek:

Last edited:
So now that we know the extent of Thanos's abilities without the stones (he's like base level Hulk with above avg intelligence and fighting skills)....

IMO Ebony Maw seems like the most powerful villain.

Ebony Maw beat Strange one on one in NYC. And it seemed like he was so powerful that Iron Man and Iron Spider had to resort to throwing him into space rather than trying to take him on in a fight.

It's like in Rurouni Kenshin...Shishio is considered the #1 baddie, but his right hand man and protege, that young cheerful boy whose name I forget, seems far more dangerous and skilled than Shishio.

It was definitely established early in phase 2 that Thanos was supposed to be by far the most powerful living character after Odin (Thus he waits for Odin to die before going on his Infinity Stone heist). But now Captain Marvel and Wanda in rage mode are the most powerful of phase 3. Maybe we can add Strange in there...but he did lose to Ebony Maw.

Last edited:
So now that we know the extent of Thanos's abilities without the stones (he's basically base level Hulk with above avg intelligence and fighting skills), IMO Ebony Maw seems like the most powerful villain.

Ebony Maw beat Strange one on one in NYC. And it seemed like he was so powerful that Iron Man and Iron Spider had to resort to throwing him into space rather than try to take him on in a fight.

It's like in Rurouni Kenshin...Shishio is considered the #1 baddie, but his right hand man and protege, that young cheerful boy whose name I forget, seems far more dangerous and skilled than Shishio.

I think was established early on that Thanos was supposed to be by far the most powerful living character after Odin (Thus he makes his power move once Odin dies). But now Captain Marvel and Wanda in rage mode are the most powerful of phase 3. MAybe add Strange in there...but he did lose to Ebony Maw.

Strange is one of my favourite MCU characters, of course, but he did get CTFO by Maw, and while he was able to prevent him from taking the Time Stone by brute force, he needed Stark and Parker to rescue him. That said, he is one of the few heroes who was able to stand and bang with Thanos. His fight with the Mad Titan actually lasts longer than the Hulk's.

Strange is both highly intelligent and a cunning strategist. In comic book terms, he's a Chess Master. He's a bit like Batman in that regard; what he lacks in raw power he makes up for in his ability to manipulate both friends and enemies. It was Strange who saw the 1 in 14,000,000 + chance to beat Thanos. And he knew that it would require Tony to make the ultimate sacrifice. Another trait Strange shares with the Dark Knight; just because he's a hero doesn't mean he's nice. Or as Cumberbatch's Holmes says to Moriarty,

"Oh, I may be on the side of the angels, but don't think for one second that I am one of them".

Last edited:
Rewatched last night for the first time with the fam. Gave it a 7 the first time. I'm bumping it up to a 9. While it's not a movie I'd want to watch over and over again like Infinity War, I can't deny it being a very well written, emotional roller coaster. Each of the original Avengers manages to play a key role and have some sort of emotionally significant moment in the movie. I think it still suffers from the same problems all time travel movies do in which it applies rules to make everything work out perfectly. Tony solved time travel in one evening? And I still feel let down by Thanos' dimished role who is one of my favorite movie villains ever in IW. This is a great movie and a fitting end to the MCU as we knew it

So now that we know the extent of Thanos's abilities without the stones (he's like base level Hulk with above avg intelligence and fighting skills)....

IMO Ebony Maw seems like the most powerful villain.

Ebony Maw beat Strange one on one in NYC. And it seemed like he was so powerful that Iron Man and Iron Spider had to resort to throwing him into space rather than trying to take him on in a fight.

It was definitely established early in phase 2 that Thanos was supposed to be by far the most powerful living character after Odin (Thus he waits for Odin to die before going on his Infinity Stone heist). But now Captain Marvel and Wanda in rage mode are the most powerful of phase 3. Maybe we can add Strange in there...but he did lose to Ebony Maw.

Strange is one of my favourite MCU characters, of course, but he did get CTFO by Maw, and while he was able to prevent him from taking the Time Stone by brute force, he needed Stark and Parker to rescue him. That said, he is one of the few heroes who was able to stand and bang with Thanos. His fight with the Mad Titan actually lasts longer than the Hulk's.

Strange is both highly intelligent and a cunning strategist. In comic book terms, he's a Chess Master. He's a bit like Batman in that regard; what he lacks in raw power he makes up for in his ability to manipulate both friends and enemies. It was Strange who saw the 1 in 14,000,000 + chance to beat Thanos. And he knew that it would require Tony to make the ultimate sacrifice. Another trait Strange shares with the Dark Knight; just because he's a hero doesn't mean he's nice. Or as Cumberbatch's Holmes says to Moriarty,

"Oh, I may be on the side of the angels, but don't think for one second that I am one of them".

Lets not also forget Strange is still young in his MCU arc power up. We see exponential jumps in the top tier hero's typically in the MCU across a movie series arc as they avoid starting them at the top tier right away.

I am torn over whether or not I want to see the MCU give Strange a chance to avenge that loss against popsicle Maw as there is so much new ground for him to cover, but if they squeeze it in somewhere on his journey I won't even be mad.

oh and @KnightTemplar WTH does this mean "CTFO"? I know what this means KTFO and still cannot figure that one out.

Lets not also forget Strange is still young in his MCU arc power up. We see exponential jumps in the top tier hero's typically in the MCU across a movie series arc as they avoid starting them at the top tier right away.

I am torn over whether or not I want to see the MCU give Strange a chance to avenge that loss against popsicle Maw as there is so much new ground for him to cover, but if they squeeze it in somewhere on his journey I won't even be mad.

oh and @KnightTemplar WTH does this mean "CTFO"? I know what this means KTFO and still cannot figure that one out.

CTFO = Choked The Fuck Out;)

Maw died with Thanos and the rest of his army in Endgame, so there won't be a rematch.

Back