AVENGERS: ENDGAME (Dragonlord's Review)

If you have seen AVENGERS: ENDGAME, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
They hinted Tony was the key to winning. I thought Cap Am was going to die due to actor wanting out.

The dumb thing was letting Nebula in on the good guys' plan then magically the other past Nebula has access to her data to share with Thanos.

They pretty much Trusted Nebula , because she fought against Thanos and she had a hand in keeping Tony Alive when they were working to get off Titan.

maybe it's just me, but the final battle wasn't as immersive to me, I think because they weren't fighting the same Thanos who actually had a history with em, but a completely new Thanos who they never met or fought before.

Picked up the bluray yesterday, didn't even know it was coming out so soon. Sold out everywhere. Getting to watch it a 2nd, 3rd 4th time now.

- I can see why they didn't have normal smash Hulk. With the delicate maneuvering they had to do with time travel, Hulk is like a bull in a China Shop. He couldnt be there without wrecking something. He couldnt even walk down a flight of stairs in New York without fucking something up.

- A human can't handle an infinity stone, yet Hawkeye clearly has the soul stone in his hand in the water, after Nat's death. Doesn't matter, just saying...

- Robert Downey really looks the part for the movie. I don't know if that's how he is looking these days, or he did a Robert Deniro, and physically prepped his body for a guy who's been through a hellacious war and is starving, stranded in space.

I mean he looked like a cancer survivor at the start of the movie, having gone through life draining chemo.

Great movie. Really draining to watch however. Lot of intense moments.
There was just so much going on in this movie, I can't wait to get the bluray and really dissect it.

Just some random observations:

- Fat Thor is frowned upon Gheyberry, but outside this shithole a lot of people seem to really like this version of Thor. Whenever i'm talking to friends/co-workers, or sometimes read online comments, people don't seem to have a problem with this as much as Gheyberry does
- A lot of posters in this forums also think the Black Widow movie is pointless and some even expressed no interest in watching it. In my circle, there seems to be more interest in her story now than ever. I still predict that her movie is gonna do well.
I liked Fat Thor. That was how he dealt with his grief and loss, just eating and partying all the time. Thor has always been a guy that takes pride in his appearance, so to let himself get like that is meant to convey that he's lost who he is. He's so depressed he doesn't care enough to keep up appearances anymore.

IMO just one of many areas where people have complaints because for a superhero movie it IS subtle. Just like Professor Hulk winning in two situations without smashing anything. This movie is mostly a character study on how godlike beings deal with failure. How that shapes and changes them, and ultimately because they are heroes and the goddamn Avengers they find a way to win anyway.

Some people just wanna be contrarian.

Don't get upset kid. You can still enjoy the Avengers' films even though I think they are overhyped meh fests. GoT is overhyped too but at least it delivers.

Aside from Guardians of the Galaxy cast which I do enjoy, it's just a matchup of dorky and/or terrible characters. Iron Man, Thor, The Hulk, Spiderman (current actor mostly), Captain America are shit compared to the original Xmen cast. The Black Panther characters are just meh. Bendidict Cumberbatch is just straight up dorky as the wizard guy. I have no idea what is up with Paul Bettany's character or the Maggie Gyllenhaal look alike who is teamed with him. Scarlett Johansson is fine I guess but we all know her character is pointless. Thanos is a solid antagonist though. Brolin does a good job with him but also, it's from GotG which I already like.

Sorry but these movies to me are just bad characters and bad one liners with action scenes filled with characters I don'r care about. The plot is not even a thing and I wouldn't expect it to be with the mashup formula. XMEN 1 and 2, The Wolverine, and the GotG films are good and much more enjoyable than this crap.

I still bought Endgame on Bluray to watch tonite but it is gonna be meh if it's more of IW. At least I have a legit home theater to enjoy the action scenes on.

Last edited:
Should have Ghost (from ant man and the wasp) showed up in the final battle scene?

Don't get upset kid. You can still enjoy the Avengers' films even though I think they are overhyped meh fests. GoT is overhyped too but at least it delivers.

Aside from Guardians of the Galaxy cast which I do enjoy, it's just a matchup of dorky and/or terrible characters. Iron Man, Thor, The Hulk, Spiderman (current actor mostly), Captain America are shit compared to the original Xmen cast. The Black Panther characters are just meh. Bendidict Cumberbatch is just straight up dorky as the wizard guy. I have no idea what is up with Paul Bettany's character or the Maggie Gyllenhaal look alike who is teamed with him. Scarlett Johansson is fine I guess but we all know her character is pointless. Thanos is a solid antagonist though. Brolin does a good job with him but also, it's from GotG which I already like.

Sorry but these movies to me are just bad characters and bad one liners with action scenes filled with characters I don'r care about. The plot is not even a thing and I wouldn't expect it to be with the mashup formula. XMEN 1 and 2, The Wolverine, and the GotG films are good and much more enjoyable than this crap.

I still bought Endgame on Bluray to watch tonite but it is gonna be meh if it's more of IW. At least I have a legit home theater to enjoy the action scenes on.
I could not get past you calling me “kid.” I legit laughed. One: it’s a easy way to dismiss someone. You gotta try harder. Two: I’d bet a lot of money that I’m older than you.

Last edited:
I could get past you calling me “kid.” I legit laughed. One: it’s a easy way to dismiss someone. You gotta try harder. Two: I’d bet a lot of money that I’m older than you.

Lol. I knew that would consume you. My point still stands. The Avengers' films are goofy films with empty plots. It makes sense though given that it's just a sum of the lamest Marvel characters.

Lol. I knew that would consume you. My point still stands. The Avengers' films are goofy films with empty plots. It makes sense though given that it's just a sum of the lamest Marvel characters.
I mean, it didn’t “consume” me lol. You’re giving yourself way too much credit, my child.

took me 2 days to finish it. Dont like mrs marvel. She just lets people die and then shows up at the last minute. While they killed the real female superhero.

took me 2 days to finish it. Dont like mrs marvel. She just lets people die and then shows up at the last minute. While they killed the real female superhero.
She said she had to do superhero stuff elsewhere in the universe.

She did get a good RNC on Thanos while Thor wielded Stormbreaker with deadly accuracy.

She said she had to do superhero stuff elsewhere in the universe.

She did get a good RNC on Thanos while Thor wielded Stormbreaker with deadly accuracy.
while thanos is destroying the universe. LOL

Goes on a shitty nerd rant and calls someone kid. You sound like a virgin bitchin about a pure entertainment cinematic universe you fucking doorknob.

Terrible take and you should feel bad.

Back