AVENGERS: ENDGAME (Dragonlord's Review)

If you have seen AVENGERS: ENDGAME, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
You guys have to stop with the acronyms. No idea what youre meaning...

That means bringing back Thanos somehow and then having him go out as the hero , really completes his whole character arc, I'm down as hell for more of that Mad Titan goodness.

Dont know if Thanos is needed but would make a great story if he came back for next avenger finale n went out like that....... full circle type thing.

Some cool pics from Reddit
Screenshot_20190905-164534_Samsung Internet.jpg
Iron Captain
20180617_121628.jpg
Vibranium Man

syIbDay.gif

Here is the Infinity Saga trailer shown at Comic-Con.

Love that, but can't STAND EverythingAlways. Dude guesses so much and goes too far down so many rabbit holes that his words become his reality, and he tries to convince everyone that what he says happens or will happen.

Love that, but can't STAND EverythingAlways. Dude guesses so much and goes too far down so many rabbit holes that his words become his reality, and he tries to convince everyone that what he says happens or will happen.
And is he giving away the playstations he keeps on advertising? a lot of comments always call him out for not giving them at all

Okoye:

We know she survived the snap. After all, she is in the beginning of Endgame giving status reports to the other Avengers and even discussing and underwater Earthquake.

However, why does she come out of the "return of the snapped people" portal with T'Challa and Shuri at the final battle?

Were there others that were not snapped that came through the portals?

Yeah, all of them. Ant-Man. Captain Marvel. Fat Thor. The jocks. Bloods. Waistoids, the dweebs. They all came through.

Okoye:

We know she survived the snap. After all, she is in the beginning of Endgame giving status reports to the other Avengers and even discussing and underwater Earthquake.

However, why does she come out of the "return of the snapped people" portal with T'Challa and Shuri at the final battle?

Were there others that were not snapped that came through the portals?

Dusting at end of Infinity War was in Wakanda so makes sense she picks him up for the Endgame finale.

Update: March 13, 2021

AVATAR Re-release in China Overtakes AVENGERS: ENDGAME as Top-Grossing Film of All Time

Sorry, Avengers. James Cameron's 2009 epic blockbuster Avatar has passed up Marvel's 2019 superhero extravaganza Avengers: Endgame to once again rule as the top-grossing film of all time at the global box office, not adjusted for inflation.

Avatar's surprise victory is a result of the movie's rerelease in China this weekend, where it earned more than $8 million through Saturday afternoon alone, according to Disney. That puts Avatar's total box office at $2.8 billion, versus $2.797 billion for Endgame, which was released in 2019.

Commenting on the achievement, Avatar producer Jon Landau, said: "We are proud to reach this great milestone, but Jim and I are most thrilled that the film is back in theaters during these unprecedented times, and we want to thank our Chinese fans for their support. We are hard at work on the next Avatar films and look forward to sharing the continuation of this epic story for years to come."

The good news for Disney, which owns Marvel Studios — it also is now home to Avatar as a result of the merger with 20th Century Fox.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/n...rule-as-top-grossing-pic-at-global-box-office

AVATAR Re-release in China Overtakes AVENGERS: ENDGAME as Top-Grossing Film of All Time

Sorry, Avengers. James Cameron's 2009 epic blockbuster Avatar has passed up Marvel's 2019 superhero extravaganza Avengers: Endgame to once again rule as the top-grossing film of all time at the global box office, not adjusted for inflation.

Avatar's surprise victory is a result of the movie's rerelease in China this weekend, where it earned more than $8 million through Saturday afternoon alone, according to Disney. That puts Avatar's total box office at $2.8 billion, versus $2.797 billion for Endgame, which was released in 2019.

Commenting on the achievement, Avatar producer Jon Landau, said: "We are proud to reach this great milestone, but Jim and I are most thrilled that the film is back in theaters during these unprecedented times, and we want to thank our Chinese fans for their support. We are hard at work on the next Avatar films and look forward to sharing the continuation of this epic story for years to come."

The good news for Disney, which owns Marvel Studios — it also is now home to Avatar as a result of the merger with 20th Century Fox.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/n...rule-as-top-grossing-pic-at-global-box-office

For a re-release? Buncha BS. They shouldn’t count.

Fuck Avatar

Update: April 23, 2019

Dragonlord’s Review of AVENGERS: ENDGAME (Spoilers)

Bottom Line: Regrettably the first two hours are not up to par with what Infinity War paved for, but the emotional third act was so gloriously awesome that Avengers: Endgame ended up as a befitting, magnificent conclusion to an epic saga.

TrUj5wf.jpg

Avengers: Endgame is the culmination of Marvel Studios’ painstakingly well-planned effort to map out at the Marvel Cinematic Universe for over 10 years. For over a decade, fans have grown up with these heroes and are invested in their adventures. Infinity War shocked the world with letting Thanos win and killing off half of the universe, even some of their beloved characters. Clocking in at 181 minutes long, Endgame doesn’t truly deliver until the final hour which is both a glorious action spectacle and a poignant, emotional sendoff.

The first act sets a somber tone as the remaining heroes struggle with the aftermath of the Snappening. There’s a five-year time jump where we see how the world and the main characters’ lives have changed. Steve Rogers with his never-say-die attitude continues to see the bright spot in the blight situation and helps other people cope with their losses. Natasha Romanoff has organized a galactic peacekeeping force. Clint Barton has become a Punisher-like international vigilante (Ronin as he called in the comic books). Tony Stark finds happiness and lives a simple life with Pepper and their young daughter. Bruce Banner has become the Hulk full-time but retains his intelligence and personality. But the most surprising and most hilarious is Thor who has grown fat and looks like the Dude from The Big Lebowski.

When Scott Lang is accidentally freed from the Quantum Realm, the idea of a “time heist” is set into motion in hopes to reverse what Thanos did. What follows is a convoluted plan to grab the Infinity Stones from the past and bring it to the present. When time travel is involved (which is a plot device I’m not very fond of myself), they usually end with paradoxes and several plot holes. Endgame is no different and suffers from the same sticky quagmire of inconsistent narrative. So it’s best to just ignore these plot holes and just go along with the time travel shenanigans.

The time heist is fun and a treat to the superfans with its overflowing of MCU Easter eggs and surprise cameos from a multitude characters from Marvel Studios’ rich history. But at some point I was getting worried that this is the best Endgame can come up with. Sure the time heist is amusing and an entertaining, nostalgic blast from the past but I would have rated the movie around 7.5 or 8 if this continued on.

Thankfully the film went into overdrive in the third act providing an insane massive battle that will have the cinema audience clapping and cheering. So many highlights in the extended battle sequence like the lost heroes returning just in time to turn the tide or the madcap dash to bring the gauntlet to the van or the Avengers trinity fighting Thanos. But there is one iconic scene that is guaranteed to be the No. 1 high point in everybody’s list and that is Captain America finally wielding Mjolnir and putting a beating on Thanos for a time. Comic book fans (and I) have been waiting for this triumphant Cap moment for ages and it was gloriously awesome.

In contrast with Infinity War’s overabundance of action, Endgame sets a much solemn vibe which gives the lead actors a chance to show off their fine acting performances as well as more opportunity for character growth. Jeremy Renner and Scarlett Johansson shine especially when Hawkeye and Widow have to decide which one of them sacrifices themselves. The scene is so deftly executed that I had no idea who would die up to the last minute. Tony’s sacrifice and his “I am Iron Man” line was a grand and a touching fitting end. Steve’s ending with Peggy Carter was heartwarming and sweet but makes no sense in the continuity timeline.

As some character arc ends, for others a new chapter begins. Thor joining the Guardians of the Galaxy (dubbing it “Asguardians of the Galaxy” lol) looks very promising while Falcon inheriting the Captain America mantle seems like a meh idea. Though there are no plans for it, I would love to see the adventures of Old Man Steve.

Though it has its fair share of problems, directors Joe and Anthony Russo and screenwriters Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely have crafted an epic conclusion to the Infinity saga and delivers a moving farewell to some of these beloved characters.

Rating: 8.5/10 or 9/10

Update: Watched Endgame a second time and liked it better. I initially wasn’t fond of the time heist but knowing what to expect this time, the 2nd act flowed much better and I was thoroughly entertained for the entire movie. The last hour was still amazing, just masterfully executed. The Russo Bros. are a master at orchestrating stunning grand scale battle with sensational action choreography and highlighting multitudes of outstanding character moments.

Though the crowd was not as loud compared to my first screening, I’m happy that the second screening audience still clapped and cheered during the epic moments. Endgame is one of those movies people need to watch in movie theaters because audience impact and reaction are also a vital part of the enjoyment.

The time travel plot holes are still there but just like those classic time travel movies like Back to the Future, The Terminator and Die Hard*, it’s best not to dwell on the inconsistencies and just enjoy the greatness of the film. Replay factor is high with Endgame, rating could go a bit higher with future viewings.

Rating: 9/10
This was far too kind.

Movie is like a 6.5/10. At best. Even my fanboy almost 13 year old recognizes how stupid the movie is throughout. If an excellent movie wasn’t there to be had with what infinity war set up, you could maybe forgive it, but it was mostly stupid. Kind of really stupid. Dr. strange told me stark would die at the end of infinite war, so that wasn’t enough, even though RDjr put in a good performance along with a couple others.

Endgame fkn sucks.

EDIT: I was too kind, as well. 8/10 my azz.

Yeah, im not buying this bullshit.

Back